When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should Marijuana be legal In all states?

maxman

Washington and Colorado have now legalized pot. But many politicians are fighting to reverse the laws In these states In regards to making pot legal.

We have booze that's been legal since the discovery of grapes. Except for prohibition which lasted from 1920-1933.....alcohol has always been legal In the US. Although It kills thousands of people a year due to drunk driving....cirrhosis of the liver....alcohol poisoning...etc etc etc. But not only Is alcohol legal It Is encouraged and glorified by the many commercials and adds In general. Oh btw...drink responsibly. :)  The super bowl should be a good example.

Then we have the drugs that many people take legally through their doctors. Narcotic (opiate) pain killer addiction Is ruining peoples lives and killing people everyday. Yes some do need these pain killers and don't abuse them. But many do abuse them and [censored] their lives up really good. I started having problems with my back due to a bulging disk @ theL4 about fifteen years  ago. I was prescribed Percocets for the pain. At first I would take them as needed. Maybe two or three a day. Well that didn't last long. I became addicted to those mother [censored] and would take up to twenty a day... If not more. I was spending a great deal of time and money going to different doctors to get those [censored]. I finally had the disk removed by a really good Neurosurgeon. The disk was removed and so was the pain. But by that time I had a very nasty addiction to those pills. After about a year I said "[censored] this" and stopped taking them. I went through some of most [censored] up withdrawals you could Imagine. I could not sleep for about a week. An hour or two here and there at best. I had the runs for about two weeks....good fun...and I would throw up at any given time. Every bone and muscle In my body was screaming In pain. It took a little over a month to feel somewhat normal again. I have not had a narcotic pain killer since that nightmare. I hope I'm never in a situation where I have to take them again.

Then we have the good old Benzodiazepines like valium Xanax that are prescribed to millions of people. Yes some people need these medications. But more times than not people get addicted to them and the addiction does more harm than the condition they were taking them for originally.  Addiction Is good for business. ;)

Then we have cigarettes. Not much to say here. We all know about the consequences.

But you wont hear any complaints from the folks that make these products. There making a lot of money and business Is good.

But Marijuana Is illegal for the most part In the US. When I was between the ages of 13-18 I use to smoke a little weed from time to  time. The worse thing I remember was the munchies. Supplies were always at the ready. If we didn't have rolling papers or a pipe we would use the center of a toilet paper roll. It worked great. It was like mini bong. I remember my mother asking me where all the toilet paper was going. :lol:   I never craved pot and never experienced any ill effects from It. I also didn't know anyone that had negative experiences from smoking weed. Unless the popo caught them with It. It's true that some will abuse pot. But that could be said about almost anything In life. But In general It Is harmless and It does have a place In the medical community.

Of course this Is just my opinion and experience with Mary Jane.

I was wondering about how the members here felt about this Issue. Should pot be legalized across the country? I say "hell yes". If you don't live In the states.. Is pot legal where you are? If not...do you think It should be?

What say you?

Oh btw....I didn't Inhale. :D

Mike

it is totally ironic that pot is mostly illegal in the US...more than most of the world,,,the US allows all kinds of toxins in our food...in our bedding...and worst than that....the gov comes right out and tells us the stuff that is good for us (Gen mod wheat or fake burgers with hexane) is the very stuff that is slowly killing us...

who cares if people are getting stoned? people in the US are slowly dying from obesity and other related degenerative disorders from a government that seems controlled by,,,I'm guessing monstano..

as soon as monsanto can make genetically modified weed...then it will be legal....

I am pro marijuana ;)

And I have no sympathy for the staunce NO people. Do some research before you spew your "this is DRUGS" on the same line as class A substances..

I do not use myself, I don`t even drink. But I can`t see the harm... Sorry.. Alcohol is FAAAAAAAAAAR worse!

• Like 1

Personally I would legalise all drugs and prostitution.... and manage it like any legal medication and in relation to Prostitution like say Tattoo studios/sex shops etc

...And dont tell me that dont work....because whats been going on for the last 50 years aint working either and at least we can take more control than we are managing now and the revenues that legalising it would bring..

War on Terror? My a-rse.....

;) ;)

Oh yeah and ban all personal firearms !!!

Edited by PeteM
  • Like 1

Don't use but make it legal, as White said booze is worse. :bangin:  (where the hell is my bottle anyway!) :snorkel:  And in addition our prisons are full of pot smokers come on waste of money, not to mention all the law enforcement money wasted. They will tax it like booze and make on it, negative to positive people will get high anyway.

Personally I would legalise all drugs and prostitution.... and manage it like any legal medication and in relation to Prostitution like say Tattoo studios/sex shops etc

...And dont tell me that dont work....because whats been going on for the last 50 years aint working either and at least we can take more control than we are managing now and the revenues that legalising it would bring..

War on Terror? My a-rse.....

;) ;)

Oh yeah and ban all personal firearms !!!

:acute:

Anyone who wants to abuse drugs (legal or illegal) is going to find a way to do it. I'm not in favor of making it easier for them. In that sense, the 'war on drugs' can claim some success. You'll never be able to stop it, but if it's illegal the majority won't do it because of the consequences of getting caught.

Have never understood the benefits of getting high just for the sake of getting high. Pain management I get, which is why I have no opposition to medical marijuana for people it legitimately helps.

For the masses and just for 'fun', sorry, but I'm never going to vote for that. And for those that want to use the argument that alcohol is 'far' worse ... the only reason it may be, is that it's legal and readily available. Make marijuana (or any other drug for that matter) legal, and wait and see how long it takes.

Personally speaking, I think it should be legalized everywhere.  As mentioned above, alcohol is just as bad, if not worse.  All the 'war on drugs' rhetoric is pretty much implausible these days, and I think people should be free to make their own choices...  Legalize all drugs, tax them, and pump the funds into the health services...  Ironically, I don't smoke, do drugs, and rarely drink, but I do think mari ja warna should be legalized :)

• Like 1

Maxman you love to stir the pot buddy ! =@

Indeed I do Mike.. I must admit. :D But I don't feel this issue Is really stirring the pot. ;) There's lot of folks that are discussing this issue. So I thought why not have people share their opinion(s) here at RWG.

Either you feel that is should be legal...or you feel that It should not be legal. Quite simple actually. :)

Mike

I'm in the health care profession, and frankly, I believe that it would be better to legalize it tax it and use the revenue to provide better health care to those who need it. Folks from nmy perspective, the obesity problem in the USA is causing  far,far worse problems than weed smoking will ever cause. We are beginning to see the effects of morbid obesity which has been growing at epidemic rates for the past 25-30 years. For the first time in decades, the life expectancy numbers are taking a downturn. It's pretty simple if you weigh 450 pounds and you are 5'3", you aren't going to live as long as you would if you were 125-150 pounds. The numbers of young to middle age people with diabetes, hypertension and all types of bone/joint problems is growing at exponential rates. Our big problem in this country, we tend to spend and inordinate amount of time and effort discussing, studying and legislating "hot button" topics like "legalizing" Marijauna, , rather than geting past them and spending more time and effort taking care of real problems like obesity, teen pregnancy, etc.

AFA the "Drug problem"? A heck of a lot more problems are caused every day from the indescriminate dispensing of powerful narcotics and sedatives, than all the Pot smoked in the USA. Until the USA develops a countrywide computer system that will give pharmacists , State boards of Pharmacy and the DEA instant access to every prescription for schedule drugs, we will continue to have a terrible problem of people driving all over creation to find Physicians who will write them a pain script. Our local and State police recently broke up a family group that was traveling all over Arkansas,Mississippi, Alabama. Tennessee and Louisiana, visiting doctors who wrote them scripts. They had about 6-8 family members,and they had so many stops, they hit each Dr about once a month to get their script refilled. They were making thousands a week selling , Oxycontin, Percocets, etc on the street. So folks from my perspective, we have a lot of really pressing health issuesa in this country, and "Mary Jane" ain't one of them!   

• Like 2

Whats next guy's? Cocaine?

You can`t compare MJ to cocaine. They are two totally different substances.

Thats pretty much like saying, "gay marriage? whats next? animals?"

• Like 1

You can't compare the two. They are as different as chalk and cheese as the Brits say. One, has from all the research done over many years almost zero physical addiction, the other in some forms is physically addictiing from the very first "hit". why do you think the dealers give kids the first couple of crack "rocks" for free? they know if they smoke it one time, they WILL be back!! 

• Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

You can`t compare MJ to cocaine. They are two totally different substances.

Thats pretty much like saying, "gay marriage? whats next? animals?"

Well you cant compare liquer and pot also!!!

Oh yes you can. they give pretty much the same buzz, exept alcohol is massively damaging to your health.

Marijuana is totally different. It does not harm you in the way alcohol does.

Read up on it ;)

post-21269-0-20191600-1359841565_thumb.j

post-21269-0-04161500-1359841705_thumb.j

post-21269-0-69799500-1359841715_thumb.j

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

post-21269-0-32436700-1359841902_thumb.j

post-21269-0-49269500-1359841901_thumb.j

Edited by ASCIWhite