When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gerard Butler 007

freddy333

He would be a good shout, Connery was Bond, part of the character will forever be woven to him in a way that no other will ever rival, that said Daniel Craig reclaimed a bit of credibility for the movies after some woeful actors playing the part.

Bond should be someone who you believe could be capable of  kicking your ass when you watch the film, Moore? Brosnan? really?

I actually enjoy and look forward to the Bond movies coming out now, Daniel Craig plays the part very well.

• Like 1

I thought Clive Owen would be a good bond. Daniel Craig is great. Connery is the best to me but Craig does a better acting job than Connery. I thought Pierce Brosnan did a very good job as bond. I wouldnt mind if he stayed a bit longer. As for the Daniel Craig Bond movies i really like them ,but they arent made like a spy movie for some reason. Its more like a super hyper action movie. I shouldnt complain they are awesome though, im sure someone knows what i mean.

bob holness all the way... ;)  for the film versions though i always was and will be a fan of timothy dalton, belieavable plot lines, no ott villains, spying and espionage as well as great action set pieces etc and dalton was the right mix of sophistication and brute force-especially in liscence to kill when hes on a personal vendetta against sanchez...craig would be my second choice and its been a great reboot to the franchise, craig has that air of arrogance for the character but also a vulnerability that is shown more in skyfall, i dont think butler as an actor could pull it off really...

Been a lover of the Bond movies for years, always hanging out for the next one to come to the big screen  :inverted:  Connery was 'THE BEST' Bond period............Craig has followed in his footsteps imo and really taken the films back to basics, he makes a Great Bond and has really shown his best in the movies, a lot has changed with him since he was in 'Our friends in the North' series from a few years back ! 

Butler, not sure if he could maintain the momentum and grittiness that Craig has brought back to Bond, could be a one movie wonder like George lazenby did, thank god mind cause he played Bond short big time!  

The little novels were my escape as a little kid. I was reading and reading and always escaping. Good times. Although I was disappointed at the choice at first, Craig does a good job no doubt, and Skyfall was awesome, but for me, the role as we know it in the movies will always be owned by Connery. Even if he wasn't the best choice at the time, he owned it. Maybe finding a not so known actor will be the best thing for the fans of the novels, but for the franchise, they will definitely need an actor that can pull in the tickets. One option is to bring the film chronology back, and start the series from the early days. Before the scars, the tortures and the broken hearts that made Bond the bad ass that he was. The new Bond will have to embody a smart seasoned pimp, a counter intelligence expert and ex military all in one.

I hate to say this(I know I will get tons of heat for this), but someone like Mads Mikkelsen would be a great Bond. Sadly enough, he already played a villain Vs Daniel Craig. Bond is after all is half Swiss, half Scottish. I know Mads is not Swiss, but you know what I mean.

I never like Craig as bond but admire what he does to Rolex vintage.  sadly the hollywood will never pick someone like Butler.  The next Bond will probably be a new guy with lots of potential like Ryan Gosling or something.  Craig i heard had signed a three year contract for Bond movie.

i believe craig is up for a further 3 bond films, which is good...hes developed the character well, and can now carry on further...also heard they maybe bringing back blofeld and specter in the coming films as they now have the rights to...