When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Flat Top 3 open 6 and 9 brushed silver 1680 1665 DWOs

highoeyazmuhudee

got these in. preliminary set of DWOs

these are same thickness as the dwos that come in the reps so there is no need to sand your date disc just peel and stick on top.

these are based on a genuine rolex flat top 3 date disc i purchased, scanned at high dpi, and reversed in photoshop.

I made these overlays the same dimension as the genuine date disc, rep overlays usually go right to the edge of the ETA disc, the reason i did not make these that wide is because now it is easier to align the number by seeing some of the number on the ETA disc below.

It took me about 3 attempts to get them nicely aligned using the method of lining up the DWO with the 12 on the ETA date disc, check the opposite side to see where the overlay will line up with the 27 and leave equal spacing around the outside of the ETA date disc showing white.

These are 3M adhesive and can be removed and reapplied if you need to remove them, just remove slowly so they do not bend.

these are in 2 flavours:

Original style- thats a brushed silver overlay with bolder numbers, this is what Rolex shipped originally with all new 1680s, 1665s

and

service silver- which is what Rolex replaced the brushed silver ones with on the 1680s and 1665s. the numbers arent as bold and they are not brushed so they reflect the light differently, but are equally as nice and very much silver (hard to capture the lighting currently to show off their true silver quality)

both feature raised ink on the numbers

here are some quick and dirty pics i took in bad lighting. i will take some more pics in the sun, you really have to see the sun hit these, its dazzeling.

very limited amount since this is a just a trial run.

10 brushed silver

&

7 satin silver available.

$15 U.S shipped WORLDWIDE

INCLUDES lettermail shipping and includes the paypal fees.

If these sell out I would consider making more

9103666301_53142f68ae_o.jpg

shown with the Rolex date disc i used to create these
9105895790_2639dcea93_o.jpg

9105895346_4943879a51_o.jpg

9103665909_7bbdcfb3a0_o.jpg

9105895972_cea3a9428e_o.jpg

9103666127_bb43b35dde_o.jpg

9105895598_51d9915306_o.jpg

9103665737_5c3091e859_o.jpg

9105895520_c2a8684c88_o.jpg

the GENUINE DEAL

9105896038_0306c3c0ca_o.jpg

thanks for looking...

• Like 1

these are now all gone.

If i do make more it would be 2 -4 weeks before I would have any more.

I am always refining the process and trying to improve the final product. thanks to those who bought them for trying them out :good:

the funds will go right back into developing these projects further.

Question..

I have a puretime 1680, with a Clark 127 crystal. Would this dwo overlay fix the issue of some date's being hard to see, where you have to angle your wrist a bit?

• 3 weeks later...