When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmeister V3.0 Vintage Datewheels

ubiquitous

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Archi was handling the update - something about an alignment fix on the second print run - obviously it's not back yet.

We're almost there guys. After the shop we used to size the wheels continually promised us new deadlines and then missed them, we fired them...or maybe they fired us. It's hard to tell. Since it cost them the same amount of time to do the setup work for our 100 piece run than it does the several thousand piece runs they do every day, it's no wonder we got shoved aside. The good news is we've found another (less elegant but perfectly adequate) solution and I know for a fact they are in production as I type this. If they meet ubi's stringent quality control standards, which I have every reason to believe they will, we will post an offer as soon as they arrive and are tested.

As far as my involvement--I'm just the help. Ubi deserves the lion's share of the credit for the success of this project. It was 100% his idea in the first place. He provided both of the "originals" we used to design these. He directed, approved/nixed, and guided every step the entire process. He did all of the test-installations, and, as we all know, is the board's primary source of knowledge of the appearance and functioning of vintage watches so we can be sure that once these have the stamp of approval they'll look and work great. I just spent a few days inefficiently researching materials and technologies and several weeks on Adobe Illustrator work that would probably have taken someone who knows what they're doing a few hours.

this is very encouraging news!!!!

sounds like things are getting close!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Keep your fingers crossed, guys...the first batch of production pieces using the new method have arrived and will be tested randomly over the next couple days. If they work, and my money is on them working just fine, we're in business....

The excitment is building. I think I just wee'd my pants a little. ;)

Everyone of you who have a hand in this project, no matter how small, need to be recognized for your unselfish contribution. You are about to make many of us very very happy. Thank You for taking this on.

Count on at least one here when ready. :thumbsupsmileyanim: