When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We Now Have Our Chance....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He says it must be based on the following movements,..eta-2836/2824/2892/6497.

Also, since he is going to purchase a gen to model the rep from, we should keep the actual

cost of the piece within the realms of acceptability.

Also makes for a watch that is realistic for normal ownership..

Just read through this thread...

And I'm simply amazed at the inability of people to comprehend simple outlines...

Half of the post should be deleted for retardness...

TT

Seeing that my Louis Vuitton Diving will not get to the voting stage, here is my final choice:

-Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk II BMW Oracle Racing

-Blancpain Fifty Fathoms 50th anniversary

-IWC Aquatimer Minute Memory

-Chopard Pro One GMT

-Eterna KonTiki Diver 2006 (if not feasable: the Four Hands)

-JL Amvox 1 (not sure about the movt specs)

Seeing that my Louis Vuitton Diving will not get to the voting stage, here is my final choice:

There are already reps of the LV Diving watch :bangin:

tonton2000 got one recently and did a review of it.

woooo-hooooo!

been away for a few days from the forum...and just found this post...read first two or three posts...and I have to fully agree with TTK...last week i tought to post a request to make some new reps...and tought to post a seahawk and a chronoswiss(with that sweet crown)...

so my vote goes for these two...first the GP seahawk...then the chronoswiss...

sorry...just another great idea...from Ken...the RD easy diver...mmmm so sweet...the non chrono version...

161156-12219.jpg161156-12220.jpg

Edited by dadog13

Neil, great find and suggestion...my vote as well:

161383-12179.jpg

161383-12180.jpg

Love divers with history...GP always there...and its something hardly ever seen out and about--its different... :victory:

...and 'cause if I get asked one more friggin time, if my rollie is real, I'm gonna have this going through my mind:

"IS WAYNE BRADY GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A [censored]"...

Its gonna be like that... :black_eye:

GP Sea Hawk...Bring it! AR; Sapphire; Sopras PWR reserve...love that bezel and rubber strap!

Do it. B)

Forget the Sea Hawk,.. or possibly any replica suggestion to the industry via our community.

As of now with only 121 total votes and 32 odd votes for the sea hawk, there is not nearly

the interest to proceed further..... :black_eye:

Either we chose the wrong watches or most people are here just for quick and easy amusement

refusing to take any time or effort into anything more than quick glances or a cheap buy.

If you think you have the answer.. then please take a moment to give a bit of yourself to

the rest of us....

If the majority are more apt to take, verses give, .. sooner or later the tank will run dry... <_<

Forget the Sea Hawk,.. or possibly any replica suggestion to the industry via our community.

As of now with only 121 total votes and 32 odd votes for the sea hawk, there is not nearly

the interest to proceed further..... :black_eye:

Either we chose the wrong watches or most people are here just for quick and easy amusement

refusing to take any time or effort into anything more than quick glances or a cheap buy.

If you think you have the answer.. then please take a moment to give a bit of yourself to

the rest of us....

If the majority are more apt to take, verses give, .. sooner or later the tank will run dry... <_<

I am sorry to hear that. I am not sure what kind of critical mass would make this work, but perhaps if we did a run-off focusing on a choice between the 2 or 3 most popular selections in this poll, we would get there. Just a thought.

I am sorry to hear that. I am not sure what kind of critical mass would make this work, but perhaps if we did a run-off focusing on a choice between the 2 or 3 most popular selections in this poll, we would get there. Just a thought.

Thats a bummer....what about gaining interest on other forums?

Just a thought.............. :rolleyes:

If the total vote count were high, then that would be the issue...But as you can see..well... :wounded1:

Thats a bummer....what about gaining interest on other forums?

Just a thought.............. :rolleyes:

I believe that most of the members of the other forums worthy of the name

are also members here.

I also want to keep this in the Rwg family,..

Thanks for the suggestion however,.. I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond...

Anyone else... ?

Just for the record,.. This is NOT a Group Buy,... so your vote does not obligate you

to purchase your choice... we are only trying to find a popular new release that would

be a best seller.

What is in it for us ?

If this first project is a success, it will give us the power to directly influence manufacturers

with our desires, for watches to be replicated.

It also means we would also be able to iron out those little wrinkles

from the current and past releases.

Last but not least a fantastic relationship with a top notch dealer

who may give us wholesale pricing... :o

Come on people.. let's wake up and get busy !!

Lend the board your minds....

I think it is a problem with the poll. Actually shows:

Divers Watch - Blancpain 50 Fathoms [ 5 ] [3.88%]

Divers Watch - GP Sea Hawk [ 40 ] [31.01%]

Divers Watch - Iwc Aquatimer [ 18 ] [13.95%]

Divers Watch - Chopard [ 7 ] [5.43%]

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Brequet [ 9 ] [6.98%]

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Ebel [ 29 ] [22.48%]

Chronograph Swiss 7750 - Tiffany [ 3 ] [2.33%]

Dress and Other Mentions - Lange [ 13 ] [10.08%]

Dress and Other Mentions - Zenith [ 5 ] [3.88%]

I personally choosed the Ebel, but I will go with the Blacpain, the IWC, the Chopard or any of the Chronos. Evel I will think the Lange (I like Zenith a lot, but not this model). If the chance is just to vote one, the results are a problem. I would like to vote (just once per watch) to everyone you like. I am sure, that if the Ebel comes, more people will be on it (for example), as the actual number in the pool shows. Sorry for the people of the GP, but I think Jay would not sell a lot of them, even if they win this pool.

If the chance is just to vote one, the results are a problem. I would like to vote (just once per watch) to everyone you like. I am sure, that if the Ebel comes, more people will be on it (for example), as the actual number in the pool shows. Sorry for the people of the GP, but I think Jay would not sell a lot of them, even if they win this pool.

Okay, maybe an idea to allow a person to vote more than one watch...

However the numbers of total votes are only 121.. too low even it this were a vote for two watches

total...

Is it the watches chosen ?

Maybe too many people were influenced to either vote or not, when the Sea

Hawk was campaigned by the highly influential TTK, then Admin ?

I could see that being the case.. as I personally find the thing a bent sardine can.

20mm thick ? That's half the width of a 40mm watch .... Jeeze... :o

Part of me thinks Neil is playing a Joke on us... :g:

Or am I the only one ?? :unsure:

Well if you feel that way... about it, or any of the watches.. then, Please,... let us know...

This is Your Board,.. Your opinion counts !

Let's hear it !

Okay, maybe an idea to allow a person to vote more than one watch...

However the numbers of total votes are only 121.. too low even it this were a vote for two watches

total...

Is it the watches chosen ?

Maybe too many people were influenced to either vote or not, when the Sea

Hawk was campaigned by the highly influential TTK, then Admin ?

I could see that being the case.. as I personally find the thing a bent sardine can.

20mm thick ? That's half the width of a 40mm watch .... Jeeze... :o

Part of me thinks Neil is playing a Joke on us... :g:

Or am I the only one ?? :unsure:

Well if you feel that way... about it, or any of the watches.. then, Please,... let us know...

This is Your Board,.. Your opinion counts !

Let's hear it !

I think you are right. There were 3 of the watches I would have supported and purchased (Breguet, Chopard and Lange), but could only vote for 1. Allowing us to select 3 or 4 watches from the list would show what our desires are and should generate substantially more support for various watches and hopefully will create a contingent great enough to cause this project to proceed.

If this first project is a success, it will give us the power to directly influence manufacturers

with our desires, for watches to be replicated.

It also means we would also be able to iron out those little wrinkles

from the current and past releases.

Last but not least a fantastic relationship with a top notch dealer

who may give us wholesale pricing... :o

Come on people.. let's wake up and get busy !!

agree with you RT..this is a unique opportunity...that has to be well taken...