When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The attitude of some members and false accusations!

dwswatches

I have been on this forum for many years, and I was a dealer until I got caught!!! Over the last few weekes I have been selling off some of my watch collection to raise funds for a genuine purchase!

Now I work long hours and do not much time to mess about taking fancy shots, and I cannot accept PayPal (although a friend sometimes will accept it for me), so I really only accept Bank Transfer. I have a 100% Positive Feedback, 2 of them very recent, and have had no problems. Yet I have come under all sorts of accusations about scamming, which are totally false, about the watches (the watches I am selling either come from TrustyTime or Narikka), who are two very good dealers and general moans and groans.

Now first of all these watches are REPLICAS!!! They cost about $168-190.00 each, these are not TOP GRADE SWISS (apart from the Datejust I am selling), yet you would think I was selling $5,000 watches with what is expected! then when I say I don't want to accept PayPal, I get accused of being a scammer! I thought this was meant to be a friendly Forum??? i have explained why I do not accept PayPal, and if you think you are safe as a buyer paying this way, you are very much mistaken!!!

All I am saying is if you do not like the watches, think they are over priced or do not like the payment method, then shup up and don't buy!!!

• Like 1

When did we start judging members based on post count? Almost a meaningless number really. Very easy to have a high post count but not actually contribute anything to the forum. Also, the converse is true where it is possible to have a low post count but have each one meaningful.

When did we start judging members based on post count? Almost a meaningless number really. Very easy to have a high post count but not actually contribute anything to the forum. Also, the converse is true where it is possible to have a low post count but have each one meaningful.

I'm with you on this krpster.  I don't post that often but I do go to this forum twice per day. I have also been on the end on an attack by a member on this forum where a number of people jumped on the bandwagon berating me - until I gave my side of the story, at which point the attitude changed.

So I agree, hear both sides before jumping to conclusions and just becomes someone has posted more than I have doesn't mean that he is not an asshat!

Do you remember me?

I joined this forum and TRC because of an issue with you many years ago, when you could not supply but had been paid, PayPal ruled in my favor but your account was empty, it was only when another UK dealer helped out that I got my money back!

• Like 2

Do you remember me?

I joined this forum and TRC because of an issue with you many years ago, when you could not supply but had been paid, PayPal ruled in my favor but your account was empty, it was only when another UK dealer helped out that I got my money back!

The truth about people is always out there somewhere, and thanks to people like FxrAndy who ensure it's bought forwarded when needed.

False accusations OP? Looks like they had some justification, I can't remember what was said in your thread but asking people to be cautious until you've proven you're reliable and trustworthy is fair advice that can be aimed at anyone and everyone, sellers and buyers.

Until we know someone they're just a stranger, and whilst most people are honest, someone with black marks against them in the past, for whatever reason, needs to go out there and clear their name IMO, not just lurk and not post much. You haven't done yourself a favour by lurking for 5 years. I've no doubt you've got hobbies that others share and can contribute interesting and eductaional bits and pieces, everyone can if they choose to become a member here rather than stand on the sidelines.

Well, look at my feedback, and the comments I had had on some of my postings. I cann't quite remember what happened with Andy, but i know I had many problems with PayPal, and it might of been during this time.

Point of the fact is what is happening now, and my feedback shows this! I there are people who have made false allications where there has been no facts. Everyone I have dealt with has been happy. My point is, if your unsure, don't buy, but also do not make unfair comments when there are no facts.

Well look where it states my feedback, the same place it has your yours!!!

fraggle42, all your doing is going on one discrepency many years ago, I actually i think there was a post regarding this at teh time. Anyway, all your doing is back up what I have said about some people's attitude on here. Again, in stead of making unfounded comments which are not true, if you don't like then simply do not buy!

I am not commenting any further on here about this as its just going to go on and on. I will simply say this, as per my feedback, every deal I have done on here has gone fine, and as you can see from two very recent feedbacks, the buyers have been more than happy.

Do you remember me?

From this standup member of the community to have to come out and write about how he was cheated in the past by the OP says a lot.

That's enough for me and any other buyers likely to stay away.

Plus no PayPal recourse is a no deal.

Seems very questionable right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From this standup member of the community to have to come out and write about how he was cheated in the past by the OP says a lot.

That's enough for me and any other buyers likely to stay away.

Plus no PayPal recourse is a no deal.

Seems very questionable right off the bat.

+1