When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ipcress

Right. So what I've established in less than 24hrs on this marvellous website is that some of the best and recommended Rep. Watch Sites & Sellers who comment and effectively advertise here are playing games. Make no mistake, I would very much like a top quality Rep. Rolex and am prepared to pay for it too in the proper sense, but what I am not prepared to do is to be hoodwinked.

All I am trying to establish here from anybody including the obvious sellers and any so-called self-proclaiming 'independent' buyers and recommenders, is that the watches I'm interested in are GENUINE REPS OF THE QUALITY IN THE VIDEOS I LINK TO AGAIN HERE :

p-cls.com/rlm00008-milguass-green-sapphire-swiss-283631-p-12835.html
ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_237&products_id=10003&zenid=2cb18314cc62e39839ef647d052b1aa6

Please stop taking 'us Westerners' ALL for complete fools, will you, and just fess up - are the watches in these videos REAL REPS or are they in fact the genuine Rolex 'things'?! Quite simple.

So, who's up for a bit of honesty and making a clean and good sale - and before anybody replies, please read my posting and think carefully beforehand because the one thing that will prevent me buying is lack of honesty, yes - even in the Rep. business it requires honesty, okay.

Likewise, before any smart a45es respond 'well, get a gen, then' - that's not the point and not what is required for the purpose I intend, which is my business, not yours. Yes, I appreciate this is not a sales site but raising that also avoids the issues that I raise.

No offence intended to anybody who is genuinely being, well ...perfectly upfront and straightforward... After all, that's all I'm doing too - being honest and straightforward and hoping to find a like-minded straightforward Rep. Dealer.

I hope that is now clear.

Kind Rgds

Edited by Ipcress

Wow. I can see you have trust issues that extend way beyond this forum. This is a rep game, and if you think everyone is out to get you, you're wrong. It's much safer buying a watch here than on craigslist. You have the admin to back you up, you don't get that on craigslist. If you think every pic is the exact watch you will get, your right. They may have a standard pic of the watch so they don't have to take the same pic over and over again. As with any club or forum you will always have someone go bad. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. You're new so we forgive your doubt, but let this end it. You will find the TD's and members are all honest and wanting you to have a good experience. Trust them all, and if something happens, contact the Admin, they will help you. 

• Like 2

Wow! All I can advise having bought several rep's off craigslist and my first from Andrew at Trustytime, is that the watch on my wrist right now from Andrew is utterly incredible. Quality is quite easily on a par if not better than a gen watch of a similar $300 value the watch pics you see is the watch you get.

Ask yourself do I trust my own ability to buy a good example of my chosen watch from a person who has no agenda other than to serve us to the highest possible level, as if he or she does not, we vote with our feet and they are out!

Wow. I can see you have trust issues that extend way beyond this forum. This is a rep game, and if you think everyone is out to get you, you're wrong. It's much safer buying a watch here than on craigslist. You have the admin to back you up, you don't get that on craigslist. If you think every pic is the exact watch you will get, your right. They may have a standard pic of the watch so they don't have to take the same pic over and over again. As with any club or forum you will always have someone go bad. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. You're new so we forgive your doubt, but let this end it. You will find the TD's and members are all honest and wanting you to have a good experience. Trust them all, and if something happens, contact the Admin, they will help you. 

Thank you for your patronising reply but I notice that yet again someone (you) attempts to explain the blazing obvious (this is a 'rep game'....duh?!) while missing the reasonable and valid points I have concern over.

If you think that keen observation and refusing to be taken for a mug are 'trust issues' then that is your problem, not mine.

Have a nice day.

Anybody else with something positive and honest to respond with I'd be delighted to hear from you, until then - I will trust my eyes and instincts as they never let me down.

Kind Rgds

Wow! All I can advise having bought several rep's off craigslist and my first from Andrew at Trustytime, is that the watch on my wrist right now from Andrew is utterly incredible. Quality is quite easily on a par if not better than a gen watch of a similar $300 value the watch pics you see is the watch you get.

Ask yourself do I trust my own ability to buy a good example of my chosen watch from a person who has no agenda other than to serve us to the highest possible level, as if he or she does not, we vote with our feet and they are out!

Okay, thank you for that, it is appreciated.

Of course I do not know what watch you have (haven't looked out your past comments yet) but I take it in good faith. Would it be too much trouble to ask you post any pictures of your watch, please?

The issues preventing me buying are solely confirmation of what you see is what you get - and I'm not convinced by the videos presented and linked to in my posts that they are Reps - instead I wonder if they are Gen. That's all.

Kind Rgds

I think OP is a litlle crazy or drunk :)

That was meant positive.

Who is 'OP'? If you're referring to 'moi' then I don't drink (really I don't) and sanity is not an exact science anyway, so who cares.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply.

Kind Rgds

Okay, thank you for that, it is appreciated.

Of course I do not know what watch you have (haven't looked out your past comments yet) but I take it in good faith. Would it be too much trouble to ask you post any pictures of your watch, please?

The issues preventing me buying are solely confirmation of what you see is what you get - and I'm not convinced by the videos presented and linked to in my posts that they are Reps - instead I wonder if they are Gen. That's all.

Kind Rgds

Hi,

I bought an Omega Planet Ocean CrPo 42mm on s/s from Andrew at Trusty time, I promise with a drawer full of replicas bought on the spec market as well as some class genuine pieces (Ebel to name one) this watch is as close to a 1:1 as you can reasonably expect, any better than that and it would just be an Omega not a rep!!

DSC_0545_zps7b887bbc.jpg

• Like 1

This is an honest response, but I doubt you are going to find it positive. And before you call out someone for being patronizing, you might want to re-read your own post.

Are there any honest rep suppliers here?

Yes, they are called trusted dealers. They are TD's because the forum members and Admins have had extensive dealings with them to know that they aren't out there trying to screw the members.

Are there any perfectly copied, 1.1, AAAAAAAA++++++, Swiss made reps?

No. While some watches are made from gen samples, there are none that are perfectly copied.

Is there "marketing hype" in some of the TD's postings?

Yes. Get over it. The TD's here are not the a$$holes online that post pictures of genuine reps and send you canal street junk. Buy from them and you will get the version of the watch you bought in as good a quality as it comes from the factory. The TD's wouldn't stay TD's if they were screwing people that way. You would also see tons of negative reviews.

Are there some reps that are more accurate than others?

Yes. If you take the time to read the forum you will see plenty of people posting the actual watches they have received, with discussions about the relative merits/flaws of the watch. Use the search function and read. The Milgauss pictured in Trusty's video looks like the pictures I have seen posted, so I'll assume it's of the rep and not the gen.

Who's the best TD?

There is no one "right" answer to that. Most can get any watch you need, but some are better at certain things than others (like communication, shipping to your particular location or updating their websites). There are many reviews of actual transactions with our TDs. Read those and you'll get a feel for who you want to deal with.

Am I a good customer for rep watches?

Based on this post. No. Your attitude is completely wrong, and I hope you lighten up if you want to enjoy this hobby. It takes a lot of research, patience, and putting up with things that happen (lost or damaged watches, time it takes to ship them, flaws you can't deal with, deals gone bad). Sh!t happens, and you'd better be able to deal with it without being stupid. Don't expect a lot of hand holding, and don't think you can throw down a rant like this with your 7th post and expect dealers to flock to you wanting to do business. They don't even flock to those of us that have the aforementioned traits. We have to seek them out, not the other way around.

By the way, the member you just trashed is one of the most respected builders of Rolex frankens on this, or any of the other message boards. If you wanted something like a DateJust or DayDate, he would have been your guy and the watch you received would have been amazing.

• Like 6

Hi,

I bought an Omega Planet Ocean CrPo 42mm on s/s from Andrew at Trusty time, I promise with a drawer full of replicas bought on the spec market as well as some class genuine pieces (Ebel to name one) this watch is as close to a 1:1 as you can reasonably expect, any better than that and it would just be an Omega not a rep!!

DSC_0545_zps7b887bbc.jpg

Hmm, looks very nice.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Rgds

This is an honest response, but I doubt you are going to find it positive. And before you call out someone for being patronizing, you might want to re-read your own post.

Are there any honest rep suppliers here?

Yes, they are called trusted dealers. They are TD's because the forum members and Admins have had extensive dealings with them to know that they aren't out there trying to screw the members.

Are there any perfectly copied, 1.1, AAAAAAAA++++++, Swiss made reps?

No. While some watches are made from gen samples, there are none that are perfectly copied.

Is there "marketing hype" in some of the TD's postings?

Yes. Get over it. The TD's here are not the a$$holes online that post pictures of genuine reps and send you canal street junk. Buy from them and you will get the version of the watch you bought in as good a quality as it comes from the factory. The TD's wouldn't stay TD's if they were screwing people that way. You would also see tons of negative reviews.

Are there some reps that are more accurate than others?

Yes. If you take the time to read the forum you will see plenty of people posting the actual watches they have received, with discussions about the relative merits/flaws of the watch. Use the search function and read. The Milgauss pictured in Trusty's video looks like the pictures I have seen posted, so I'll assume it's of the rep and not the gen.

Who's the best TD?

There is no one "right" answer to that. Most can get any watch you need, but some are better at certain things than others (like communication, shipping to your particular location or updating their websites). There are many reviews of actual transactions with our TDs. Read those and you'll get a feel for who you want to deal with.

Am I a good customer for rep watches?

Based on this post. No. Your attitude is completely wrong, and I hope you lighten up if you want to enjoy this hobby. It takes a lot of research, patience, and putting up with things that happen (lost or damaged watches, time it takes to ship them, flaws you can't deal with, deals gone bad). Sh!t happens, and you'd better be able to deal with it without being stupid. Don't expect a lot of hand holding, and don't think you can throw down a rant like this with your 7th post and expect dealers to flock to you wanting to do business. They don't even flock to those of us that have the aforementioned traits. We have to seek them out, not the other way around.

By the way, the member you just trashed is one of the most respected builders of Rolex frankens on this, or any of the other message boards. If you wanted something like a DateJust or DayDate, he would have been your guy and the watch you received would have been amazing.

Okay, thanks for your advice.

Kind Rgds.

The issues in your original post? It's not a problem, you should have to worry about on a board like this, lets just finish off your post with that thought, it's a good community and I find we look after each other rather well despite being new myself advice given here has been beyond a mere value.

It is actually much more fun buying a rep here than going into a store as it is "almost" bespoke built for you, you get so much more choice and control than buying a "brand X" with a "type Y" movement and a "Z" bracelet.

When you see one post a link everyone will honestly critique it and advise.

• Like 1

As stated on the other thread you basically hijacked, I think you need to take a look out how you talk to people.

Now, to your point. I think what the other members are trying to say is, this is, essentially, an illegal act we are involving ourselves in. The purchase of 'fake' goods, isn't legal. Therefore, with all illegal activities, you can hardly expect 100% honesty. You can't even trust 100% that what you're buying online will be everything it is made out to be even from a reputable legal dealer of clothing for example. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

It is a bit like buying drugs, you can't be 100% sure that they aren't cut with all sorts of weird things. You just have to trust the dealer (I don't take drugs, just an analogy for you).

If you want everything to be perfect, and the process to be seamless, and to know EXACTLY what you're getting, and so on, and so on. Head down to your local jewellers and buy a Genuine Rolex. Otherwise, quit yer moanin' and use a TD! (I'm being humorous....sort of)

The ultimate troll. Good reading but in reality it's truly a waste of time.

His interests tell it all:

• Interests:Psychological manipulation of peoples minds, perceptions & world view during and after 9/11

Agreed, totally unnecessary initial post created to provoke a reaction.

• Like 1

The OP sounds like someone who bought a watch from one of those AAAA+ Rolex reps , made in Switzerland, etc,etc,etc. beautiful photos, unfortunately they are a genuine watch, probably stolen from someone's website. Paid a big price and received a cheap Canal Street rep.

Most all of us who have been around for a while have seen these rip off sites, and unless you are able to read between the lines, and realize that the dealer is a scammer, and the "forum" is just a bunch of shills posting about the wonderful watch they bought. Nary a negative post, no one saying, "the watch I received was not even close to what I saw on the dealers website" simply because the dealer is either creating the posts, or deleting ever negative one.not the case here. As long as you stay civil, you are free to complain or criticize any transaction with a dealer here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I personally think Milgausses are girls watches and would never wear one. But I'm sure it'll look great on the OP. (I'm being perfectly upfront and straightforward as per request)

Oh crap I own a vintage Milgauss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the spirit of being an honest individual... I "honestly" thought the first post the OP made was a joke. But after reading several of his condescending responses it's clear to me, as others have stated, he has some serious trust issues.

To OP: spend more time using the search function of this forum and spend less time posting. It's painfully clear you've done no research of your own. Come to your own conclusions about our hobby. There have been thousands of newbs before you that have asked the same questions. This community is built on trust. If you can't see that then this hobby isn't for you.

• Like 2