When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Rolex Submariner

ernie

I agree with the noob.

most members here are shills for rep dealers. Big deal every audio type forum is filled with that, good information costs money, in rep world info is part of the cost of the watch.

SO time is money- who wants to wade around for 30-40 hours to buy something worth sub $1k?

ANSWER: NO one, just broke ass analytical people. rep shills here should be consistently updating and doing reviews and such-

when you look at this forum and you see a sub review from 2010, almost 5 YEARS ago....  maybe, just maybe their may be something better out there.

I don't come here that often because of that, it takes a ton of time to troll thru all the posts, most of the pics are broken and [censored] changes.

give him a top 3 list, pros and cons and let him spend his money.

I agree with the noob.

most members here are shills for rep dealers. Big deal every audio type forum is filled with that, good information costs money, in rep world info is part of the cost of the watch.

SO time is money- who wants to wade around for 30-40 hours to buy something worth sub $1k?

ANSWER: NO one, just broke ass analytical people. rep shills here should be consistently updating and doing reviews and such-

when you look at this forum and you see a sub review from 2010, almost 5 YEARS ago.... maybe, just maybe their may be something better out there.

I don't come here that often because of that, it takes a ton of time to troll thru all the posts, most of the pics are broken and [censored] changes.

With no indication from the OP about budget, model preference (vintage, modern), movement choice, flaws he can live with, flaws he cannot, ability to accept gen parts, etc., it is a waste of our time. If one really wants the "best sub" one should at least narrow down the ref model. If he can't even ask if he wants a 116610 or a 5513, our answers would be as meaningless as his question. By at least spending 15 mins to just research Rolex models (whether on this forum or from another website/book) would serve him best rather than buying a model on one persons recommendation and spending $400 on a DSSD only to find out it's not for him. That would be a disservice to him.

Genevaroth, what's the best sandwich I can buy for lunch today? Please hurry, I'm hungry.

• Like 1

Wow, some of you guys really take yourselves seriously don't you. Have you ever considered that some people just want to buy a rep quickly and reduce the chance of it being utter rubbish (given that $200-400 for a fake, and let's not kid ourselves these are cheap fake watches fellas, is quite a bit of money) because they can't afford a real one. Another thing I can never quite get my head round is the fact that a lot of members have bought so many reps they could have actually paid a real watch easily by now.

There's no problem with wanting to "buy a rep quickly", the problem comes when you have 2 posts that have not ever actually benefitted the forum and you feel a level of entitlement for the information. I've learnt that people here generally do not mind sharing their knowledge and some are truly brilliant people but people who come in with the "I'm a busy man, tell me what the best sub is" attitude are probably likely to get their watch, be disappointed, and never comment on the forum again.

I agree with the noob.

when you look at this forum and you see a sub review from 2010, almost 5 YEARS ago.... maybe, just maybe their may be something better out there.

I don't come here that often because of that, it takes a ton of time to troll thru all the posts, most of the pics are broken and shit changes.

You are so full of crap, your eyes are yellow! First off I don't know one paying member here that is a dealer shill. If the dealers offer good products with a modicum of service we are happy with them, when they deliver crappy watches, or their service sucks, we are the first to let them know about it. The dealers are here by invitation, and if they screw up they can be uninvited as well. From my standpoint, I could give a rat's ass about the dealers. About 95% of the reps I have purchased over the past 10-12 years have been from other members. And as far as your Time is Money theory, if spending a few minutes reading thru reviews too time consuming then my advice would be to save your money, stroll into an AD and buy a gen.but if you want a rep, and you want help,as Dbane said, if you want to know which is the best of anything, you have to be more specific. Another problem with asking questions like this is the answers are totally subjective. Ask one guy which is the best sub, and it might be a BK 16610, the next guy may say an MBW 16613, the next guy may say it's a built from parts 6538, so asking questions like this are like asking guys "what's better blondes or redheads"?

Only the person buying the watch can determine which is best. And since time is money, that's all the time I'm going to spend answering your inane post. And by the way since you average about one post per year, you have used up your quota for 2014! See you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood why people do this in the rep world.

Do they go to best buy and ask the customers "which is the best LED tv?" And just buy that?

I like making informed purchases. If it's a $3k tv or a $20 mouse, I'm gonna go online, look at my choices and look up reviews. Why would buying a rep watch be any different?

We've all been noobs, sure. I don't think I ever asked who had the best ____. I did my own research. Found the watch I wanted and asked if the TD was any good. I may have asked for some help along the way but that's about it.

I really just don't get the point of asking "who has the best sub". There are a 1000 different answers to this question.

I get that some people have no desire to turn it in to a hobby. They just want 1 watch and be done with it. Well, there are tons of posts related to the topic. A simple search could have easily pointed them in the right direction.

I agree with the noob.

You've been a member for 7 years and still don't get it?

You must have the reading comprehension of a child because it doesn't take 30-40 hours to figure your list of "top" reps in ANY brand. It takes a few minutes using the search "who has the best sub" and you'll find countless threads where newbs like yourself have asked that question and have had it answered by some of the more patient "rep shills", as you put it.

If a few minutes is too much of your precious time I suggest finding a new hobby where there are more pictures and simple sentences for you to figure out what's going on.

To use your words... Maybe, just maybe, if people just used the blasted search function they would find the latest that IS OUT THERE.

Why do participating members of this forum have to work for you newbs? The forum is a body of knowledge. What in life is just GIVEN to you? Please.

Man up.

• Like 1

You've been a member for 7 years and still don't get it?

You must have the reading comprehension of a child because it doesn't take 30-40 hours to figure your list of "top" reps in ANY brand. It takes a few minutes using the search "who has the best sub" and you'll find countless threads where newbs like yourself have asked that question and have had it answered by some of the more patient "rep shills", as you put it.

If a few minutes is too much of your precious time I suggest finding a new hobby where there are more pictures and simple sentences for you to figure out what's going on.

To use your words... Maybe, just maybe, if people just used the blasted search function they would find the latest that IS OUT THERE.

Why do participating members of this forum have to work for you newbs? The forum is a body of knowledge. What in life is just GIVEN to you? Please.

Man up.

Look at his post count, 7-8 posts over 7 years, obviously this guy makes and annual visit. Why waste times on non contributors like this idiot.

• Like 1

Easy guys

Why-So-Serious.jpg

He just want a watch that look like an expensive one and don't want to be cheated, that's it, not every body have the passion or the love for his time pieces, but what I don't understand not doing your basic research and spend few MINUTE instead of dumping such a silly question....

As rule of thumb, if you signed up in any forum that's mean that you want to learn or discuss some thing, but do your home works first instead of  imparising your self like that bro

Most of the members here are true experts, and for most of them what doe's matter is the journey it self, if you are interested you well learn a lot here,,

For the last six years I have been reading, watching many you-tube reviews, checking the used watches markets, online auction sites,  and I'm a proud owner of few gen Rolexs and Omegas,, but I discovered that I don't know many basics!!

Truly speaking, I learned many things in the past few day's,,, and from my own experience, most of the old members are friendly and helpful if you ask in the nice way...

Easy guys

Why-So-Serious.jpg

He just want a watch that look like an expensive one and don't want to be cheated, that's it, not every body have the passion or the love for his time pieces, but what I don't understand not doing your basic research and spend few MINUTE instead of dumping such a silly question....

As rule of thumb, if you signed up in any forum that's mean that you want to learn or discuss some thing, but do your home works first instead of imparising your self like that bro

Most of the members here are true experts, and for most of them what doe's matter is the journey it self, if you are interested you well learn a lot here,,

For the last six years I have been reading, watching many you-tube reviews, checking the used watches markets, online auction sites, and I'm a proud owner of few gen Rolexs and Omegas,, but I discovered that I don't know many basics!!

Truly speaking, I learned many things in the past few day's,,, and from my own experience, most of the old members are friendly and helpful if you ask in the nice way...

Very well said. As a general rule, owners of genuine watches, be they Rolex, Omega, AP, or most any other brand, don't know a thing about their watches, the company or the history of the brand. They could care less, all they know is they own a Rolex, probably because they say the ads, their boss owns one, they see successful people wearing them, and they believe that owning one will be and automatic entree into that select group of people. Most folks here on the other hand are passionate about watches, some for a particular brand others for anything that "ticks"!!

Unfortunately, we like most folks are guilty of type casting,so when someone comes on here and asks questions like the OP did, we typecast them into the first group of folks, no interest in watches, only want one, not interested in gaining knowledge, just wants simple answers to complex questions, "tell me what watch I need to buy to impress my friends", I"ll buy it and I'm gone!. After having dealt with lots and lots of folks like the OP, most of the older more experienced members tend to give them pretty short shrift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with this question is that it has been asked a million times before. End of, so the answer is already out there. But the problem is it is not easy to find an answer to it.

The problem is that in the real world if I want to find out who makes the best washing machine there is always specific and mostly up-to-date info, marketing stuff, reviews, magazines, Amazon reviews etc. etc. that stuff doesn't really exisit in the rep world, not really.

Have you guys who have said "use the search button" actually searched for "who makes the best sub" or "best rolex submariner"? Nothing meaningful comes back.

So while I agree with the "here we go again" feeling from the regulars, should we not AT LEAST have something, anything, sticky In this forum where the newbie is directed to? AND that is also the top hit in the search?

It would then at least feel fair to give him some grief.

The problem with this question is that it has been asked a million times before. End of, so the answer is already out there. But the problem is it is not easy to find an answer to it.

The problem is that in the real world if I want to find out who makes the best washing machine there is always specific and mostly up-to-date info, marketing stuff, reviews, magazines, Amazon reviews etc. etc. that stuff doesn't really exisit in the rep world, not really.

Have you guys who have said "use the search button" actually searched for "who makes the best sub" or "best rolex submariner"? Nothing meaningful comes back.

So while I agree with the "here we go again" feeling from the regulars, should we not AT LEAST have something, anything, sticky In this forum where the newbie is directed to? AND that is also the top hit in the search?

It would then at least feel fair to give him some grief.

Considering every thread that I have read like this ends with BP or TC then I wouldn't think that it is too difficult to answer.

I agree with the noob.

when you look at this forum and you see a sub review from 2010, almost 5 YEARS ago....  maybe, just maybe their may be something better out there.

I don't come here that often because of that, it takes a ton of time to troll thru all the posts, most of the pics are broken and shit changes.

First off it is quite the contrary, here guys are not shills for dealers as a matter of fact on some other boards you get jumped for calling a dealer out here we are not like that: feedback only works if there is good and bad.

I have an idea why don't you give him the top three w/ pros and cons because we are looking for guys to come hang out with us to discuss/enjoy our hobby together, which is our purpose as a board not a service for hit and run shoppers.

PS I have seen your PMs in regard to this thread you are on thin ice. Disagreements are one thing but gentlemen hold themselves above such uncouth correspondences.

• Like 1