When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chonographs:Show your collection

StormTooper4

Thought I'd take a group shot of my Chronographs

Interesting that the PAM seems to be on the smaller size though appears the heftiest.

fKF1INQ.jpg?1

hOgGozh.jpg?1

Also there is a wide price range here though the quality differences are not that much.

Show us your Chrono group shots.

ST4

IWC CD 2008 - it´s a beautiful one

iwc_0429c.jpg

iwc_0427c.jpg

and the PAM 212 Flyback with domed chrystal and 1950´s casing

PAMBigchief1024_0492.jpg

1024x8_2243c3.jpg

IMG_2052crop.jpg

All others are quartz like this TAG with swiss ronda, so You really can use them

tag1024_0653.jpg

or diving watches with the unidirectional bezel, fastest for counting minutes anyway:)

IMG_1856.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but it's already dark outside so I didn't have any proper lightning lol.. You can click on the watch and see the better looking pictures of them :)

From Left to right:

- Breitling Transocean

- IWC Portuguese Chronograph 3714-38

- Panerai Luminor Daylight 251

- IWC Top Gun

Second row:

- Hublot Big Bang Stainless Steel
- Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold

- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore 26400 au

- Breitling Navitimer

d5c3de742e5a49116bae0d4b9f87261b.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thought I'd take a group shot of my Chronographs

Interesting that the PAM seems to be on the smaller size though appears the heftiest.

fKF1INQ.jpg?1

hOgGozh.jpg?1

Also there is a wide price range here though the quality differences are not that much.

Show us your Chrono group shots.

ST4

Nice Autodromo, I have one exactly the same.

Nice one gents , Lhooq , thats a group shot and then some.  That Tag Autavia and Broad Arrow Omega are particularly special 

Umpahimself, that King Power is very unique .  How different do you find those 2 AP's . I had a ROO and it was a bit top heavy for me. That RO looks slimmer, is it?

Thanks, guys! 

ST4: As you might be able to deduce from my second pic, I rather like what Autodromo's done to revive the best of early 1970s designs!  Small correction, though: That's a Heuer Carrera from 1970.  The Autavia has a rotating bezel. 

Umpa: I very nearly bought an MBK Royal Oak (ref. 15400, in blue) while I was in Bangkok a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, the seller (an old RWG member) backed out at the last minute. 

Bc1221: I definitely exceeded my silver-dial Daytona quota.  But every time I try to put one together in black, fate intervenes! 

Umpahimself, that King Power is very unique .  How different do you find those 2 AP's . I had a ROO and it was a bit top heavy for me. That RO looks slimmer, is it?

I haven't seen another All Black posted. Looked through M2Ms for over a year and when I found it I bought it on the spot. Same with the Chronopassion. Yes much slimmer. Very comfortable. It's actually a quartz but probably the highest quality quartz I have owned. Sapphire crystal, very smooth bracelet and really nice tight clasp. Plus it's a closed caseback.

Umpa: I very nearly bought an MBK Royal Oak (ref. 15400, in blue) while I was in Bangkok a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, the seller (an old RWG member) backed out at the last minute. 

It happens, I bought and sold the special blueface 15400 from Mary and Rochest recently. Was actually very nice for the money if you can get over the white date wheel. Just wasn't for, me style-wise.

Edited by UmpaHimself

Amazing collection of Chronos that came together here. Just wonderful, now I have to come back here and study several one by one again:) But it will be fun . Great leatherstraps Ihooq, love them.

Stormtrooper: the RO is a slim watch 11,4mm, elegant microstepper quartz with small ticking secs at 6 (non-disturbing) locked main seconds at 12, this sweeps like a 21j if the Chrono is on. It´s very nice and solid, annoying point is the duplication of subdials at 6 for seconds and the same at 9 for minutes. I read Trusty has also one without this duplication but haven´t had a look yet.

APLM_3317DW_zps3337056b.jpg

APLM_3326_DW_zpsbb70d33d.jpg

IMG_0852_zps2e4d018e.jpg

it´s even lumed but wears off relatively fast (unlike the Explorer or others) the hands remain barely readable in a dark room.

IMG_1859.jpg

Nightwatch: Thanks!  The leather NATO on the Junghans is from RWG member mcotter.  The straps on the Hanhart and the Gallet are from Stowa, which carries some of the best low-cost, pilot-style straps I've seen.

Thanks Ihooq, that was a great tip, visiting their site right now. Apart from Martu straps the best priced with quality I´ve seen. This will be fun:)

I haven't posted much lately but here's a quick one. Here are some of my favorite rep chronographs that I've owned. I've owned plenty more but these are the ones I found pictures from... and that ring a bell. :)

I don't buy reps that often anymore. I think the last one I purchased was back in 2010.

Breitling BCE. V2 I think. Very nice rep but the greenish chewing-gum like hour markers pisssed me off.

8.jpg

Navitimer two-tone. This one I loved but it never fit my wrist properly and it was too garish. Great rep though.

navi_wrist.jpg

Skyland v2. Best Breitling chrono rep there is (or at least was). Awesome build quality.

800.jpg

Breitling Chronomat B01. Ditto. Very well built rep. The only issue was the lackluster AR.

2-14.jpg

The infamous seconds at '6 Daytona. Actually the watch in the picture was a friend's rep but I owned a similar one for a few weeks. I'm a classic Rolex man through and through but I never really understood the attraction of Daytona (old or new). Visually it's rather boring watch and wears very small.

wrister-1.jpg

Ebel 1911 Chronograph. Now this was a funny one. Bought it back in 2004 from Richard Lawton's collection. It was a quartz rep but a decent one at that. My first rep chronograph. That's why I added it.

S5300030.jpg

Ebel 1911 BTR. Still the best built rep I've ever owned. The bracelet was spectacularly good, very gen like. Loved this watch. Sold it because  I was going to get a gen but then never did.

5s.jpg

Ebel 1911 Discovery. A legendary replication. I still have this one and will keep it for good.

IMG_1165.jpg

Audemars Piguet Seven Sails: This was quite well made piece. Just added it because it was the only AP I've owned. I'm not a AP guy, really.

title_shot.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow. A rep classic with the hand wind Venus. I also owned briefly two other Venus chronos. Speedmaster black and Speedmaster "reduced" which was very inaccurate but fun.

xx.jpg

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 45mm, I loved this watch so much that I bought a gen (a 41mm version though).

3a1.jpg

TAG Heuer Link. I made a review of this and it created quite a lot of sales. Old school dealers actually all owe me at least a few free watches because those old reviews got tens of thousands of views and those greedy Chinese bastards laughed all the way to the bank. :D Anyway this was pretty much the first ever "super rep". It was very accurate (and still is).

2a.jpg

And I still own this. I got it back in 2005 or 2006. Still running like a champ. Actually I just wore it yesterday. Has a few dings and battlescars but it's been surprisingly reliable. A7750 is a great movement, apparently.

3-1.jpg

I can post some more if I can remember something worthy.

• Like 1

Hey J! Welcome back! What a great presentation... That's a heck of a collection! :tu:

Aw well I might as well show my one and only lonely chrono, this is an AOPA Gigandet triple date, a precursor to the Navitimer. I've never seen another one.

7e3e4yha.jpg

• Like 1