When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why take pictures inside your car?

markiemark

I've been around for quite some time now and have seen a lot as well as I have learned alot here.

But there is still one thing I don't quite understand. Why do some people take pictures inside their car?

I am not a professional photographer, but I happen to know the lighting is bad, which is no good.

When I receive a new watch I usually display it on one of the tables in the living room or in the kitchen, because I like the wood patterns. It creates a warm and cozy Dutch scene.

I can't imagine receiving my watch, get in my car, put the watch on my cold leather steering wheel and take a few shots and get inside again. The neighbours must think I went crazy! I already have a hard time taking a wristie in public without sweating!

So here's my question: Why do you take a picture of your watch inside your car?

Inside car pictures- for me mainly becouse inside car there is no sky-cloud-lamp`s reflecions, and color`s are more "true" than outside where all colors are too bright. All that when I use mobile phone for photo. If better cam then outside pic`s are not problems.

It´s You, Your watch & Your car. It´s a more private and "homely" atmosphere than out in the street. Other than focus on driving You have very little to do. Inside the car I´m very time conscious, I like to check when I leave, estimate when I arrive and cross-check elapsed time at landmarks along the way for future reference and for fun. With a nice wrist-watch I even do it "on purpose" to catch another glimpse at the dial. So it´s quite natural to take out the camera somewhere along the way.

You could also use the time resolving all the handy-calls, but it puts even more haste in Your life and takes away even the last residual pleasure of driving and being on Your own.

So, I´m one of the culprits:)

Next thing is I really like to see members pics with watch and car/ driving wheel/ console/gears - there is a mechanic association between engines/transmissions/ gears and automatic watches, leather and watch-straps. 

Next thing is I really like to see members pics with watch and car/ driving wheel/ console/gears - there is a mechanic association between engines/transmissions/ gears and automatic watches, leather and watch-straps. 

Ya, I'm with you on this one. I like the association between cars and watches. I also think that you can learn a lot about someone by the watch they wear and the car they drive.

The sole reason I take pics in my car is because I'm a terrible photographer and the only ones I can get to come out half decent are taken inside the car. I assume it's a lighting thing that makes the pics look better. It's certainly not my car, which is a 10yo Audi.

I do not wear a watch just to check or keep time and I do not drive a car for transportation.  I drive a car to drive a car. As some have stated, definite correlation as both can be much more than just mechanisms for a task.  Much more of an emotional pursuit than a practical one for me.  Also sometimes on a busy day, best time to get a wrist shot for the day is in traffic.

post-60288-0-61817000-1416861309_thumb.j

• Like 1

Not trying to show off, but since we're posting pics of our watches in cars, thought I'd give it a go.

First pic is the standard "make sure the logo on the steering wheel is in the shot".

i9Ol0Gzl.jpg

This next one shows the quality of the professionally installed* aftermarket steering wheel cover.

SQQHv8il.jpg

*May or may not have been professionally installed, it was there when I bought the car.

• Like 1

Wow, just checked out your thread. I couldn't wear that while driving, I couldn't keep my eyes on the road. I would be continually swerving to the left as I gazed at it.

Thanks!  Luckily, I had some pretty nice scenery out the window, as I was crossing the Pyrenees when I took that shot.

I think we're just taking cues from watch commercials. The better ones tend to have the instrumentation panel of a "manly" form of transportation (car, boat, airplane) in the ad as indications of the trappings of success. Of course, there's also the gratuitous swooning, hair-blowing-in-the-wind beautiful girl. Can't go wrong with that!