When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Get some tape !

As you all know I ship a lot with raffles and this is what you should have to ship your watches to your fellow board members and friends.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321117598565?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Going to do it do it righjt. :partytime:

post-44391-0-40459200-1432948236_thumb.j

post-44391-0-90296800-1432948274_thumb.j

So grab a role, the watch you save might be your own!

A guy over on RG recently shipped a watch wrapped in a couple sheets of paper and then put it in a bubble-lope. OF COURSE the watch arrived hosed. When the buyer said WTF and showed pics of everything the seller claimed it wasn't due to packaging and even blamed the buyer at one point for the damage. Mods got involved and in the end the seller refunded almost all but kept 10% back. Moral of the story is over pack!! Bubble wrap is cheap! I always just save the packaging from deliveries so I always have some on hand.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

I thought, if it's 13$ on the bay it'll be half on Aliexpress but it's not :(

How does it work exactly? Is it just the print that's broken? I use fully printed tape from a company that's no longer in business, seems that would serve the same purpose?

somewhat symptomatic of overkill but i do appreciate the effort

those who know me know i always pack of the apocalypse

if it moves pad it and use a hard box and tape all edges

if it doesn't pad it nonetheless

i've had a 'respected' modder send me a working Omega 7750 case in a paper envelope - you know who you are - and then tell me he ships like this all the time and cannot be responsible for markers that fell out ... good thing the pond affords him some distance & me even less time

Else it'd give a whole new meaning to that Jon Voight story

Overall this is a great idea, but really is only useful in a high value sale w/insurance.  However, you can accomplish the same thing with a red or black sharpie and a photograph of the package prior to turning over to PO.

However, in my case, the one major loss I had involving Daytona parts-- the Postal worker ripped a corner of the box and pulled the parts out.  I was out of luck.  Insurance would be the best bet. 

I also think, that something like this might also backfire & tip off an untrustworthy Postal worker to the fact that there is actually something of value inside, and they could in theory just steal the whole package. 

So a modicum of security when paired with insurance, delivery & signature confirmation and photos. :tu: