When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Phillip got him self a Rolex Boys !

As long as you're happy with the watch then all is good. People here are too harsh on the mentally retarded ;)

+1. Come on guys. Be nice. I'm donating $10 to the retard association and would match donations 1 for 1.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

+1. Come on guys. Be nice. I'm donating $10 to the retard association and would match donations 1 for 1.

The correct name is association for retarded children. The word retard is very offensive

I'm not retarded guys that's mighty offensive

The correct name is association for retarded children. The word retard is very offensive

I'm not retarded guys that's mighty offensive

I do apologize if you're truly offended.

But can you kindly explain the spirit of your post? Is it a massive joke or were you trolling for some response from us?

Sorry if I do not get the punchline. Nothing personal. :)

I do apologize if you're truly offended.

But can you kindly explain the spirit of your post? Is it a massive joke or were you trolling for some response from us?

Sorry if I do not get the punchline. Nothing personal. :)

As mentioned earlier I was super excited on my purchase and maybe humorously over whelmed .. I'm friends with Jacob from this forum and watchgeeks invicata section.

Figured I had a deal worthwhile but by the looks of the replies and a private message I received seems that I purchased a knock off or it has some aftermarket parts.

Outside of the trolling comments no one seems to be straight forward and nothing personal taken legend

Sadly, it does look like you bought a knockoff.  Make a big wad of duct tape and use it to spin the back off the watch and see if it has a gen movement.  Hopefully it does ... but I doubt it.  The way the date wheel aligns I'm betting DG or perhaps ETA.

Next steps... find that guy you bought it from and politely ask for a refund.  *cough*

Then, stick around and read A LOT.  You can build yourself one that looks even better for a surprisingly small outlay.  Then, because you built it yourself, you can legitimately be proud of it and show that bad boy off all you want.  Just please not in an Authorized Dealer.  That makes the hobby look bad.

Love your screen name very original.  I agree that it looks like you have been scammed.  I just sold a beautiful DJ that is a similar style to yours but much more precise gen like build.  For the money you spent you could build something similar.

0507853_2690_MC_Tx360.jpg

Navin R. Johnson--typical *******

As mentioned earlier I was super excited on my purchase and maybe humorously over whelmed .. I'm friends with Jacob from this forum and watchgeeks invicata section.

Figured I had a deal worthwhile but by the looks of the replies and a private message I received seems that I purchased a knock off or it has some aftermarket parts.

Outside of the trolling comments no one seems to be straight forward and nothing personal taken legend

Ok I will give it to you straight mate.. that watch you purchased is a replica, and not a very good one, even to a non-Rolex guy like me.

It screams "Replica!" in flashing, accusatory red letters 25 ft tall, with confetti falling all around the word.  

I thought that you probably knew and was trolling for responses like what the guys gave above, or maybe you were being sarcastic or sardonic, or even making fun of the rep watch hobby.

That watch you purchased is worth maybe $100 max? 

If you bought it for $987, you have been undoubtedly fleeced like a lamb at a shearing party. The "jeweller" you spoke with was probably just a guy in cahoots with the seller. That guy asking you where you bought it, could be thinking that it looks good AND very affordable (i.e. a replica) and it is within his budget to get one too. 

If he had thought that it was a genuine, the obvious answer to "where did you get it?" would be "the nearest Rolex AD"..

So kindly pardon the guys and myself for not giving you the responses you had hoped for. Looking at the watch and your post, it does come across as either a humorous and massive troll post or an unforgivably ignorant one. 

I would not wear this watch even if its the last watch available on Earth. It just looks cheap and tawdry, like a bauble left over from a low-end replica seller on canal street. 

You have been scammed for about $887 at least, but the good news is, you have found RWG and if you are diligent and willing to learn, you will be scammed no more. There is plenty of useful information and eruditely knowledgeable members here to help. The Rolex gurus here would be able to tell you if a Rolex is rep or gen at 4am in the morning, bleary eyed, deprived of sleep, and in near total darkness.

So welcome to RWG! An expensive lesson learnt for sure, but may it be the last of its kind for you. You seem to be a nice newbie. We all have had our newbie moments, and you made quite an entrance here. :lol: 

This cannot be real can it? It is a laundry list of buying fake watch tropes.

• craigslist
  • mtm cash sale (with shady as hell dealer)
  • over the phone "authentification"
  • A day date, without a bloody day
  • costco / tanktop

This is a troll people, or somebody with seriously no street-smarts whatsoever. Who in their right mind would go to a sketchy deal where a guy shows up with backup, let the watch be authenticated by phone and then pay cash? I call a troll and if it isn't then I have lost a bit of faith in humanity.

I hate to say, but this is probably the worst Rolex rep that I have seen since they were being sold from ads in the back of magazines, which is probably before most of the folks here were born!! Terrible, terrible, terrible!! If you really paid 900+ USD for this watch, you got fleeced big time. Sadly, you could get one that mymanmatt builds for what you paid for yours, and it would have a genuine dial, bezel, Crystal and crown with an ETA movement that is about 99% true to the genuine Datejust. Which by the way is what you have, as the day date has a day of week window at the top of the dial. Here is what a DayDate is supposed to look like. They are only made in gold white gold or platinum, not the two tone stainless steel and gold like yours.

.28df6a71485abfe65d0f60f2811527cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses guys I took it to some one during lunch a reputable jeweler and as you guys confirmed it is indeed bunk..

I'm kind of [censored] and am going too file a complaint with the local police station I guess it was my mistake for being so impulsive and ignorant now I'm duped out of almost a grand :/

I guess we all make "Genuine" mistakes

I need to heavily do some research now

Sorry to hear this. Most of us have been burnt at least once over the years. Stick around here and you will learn. Best place on the planet to learn about watches.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

++++++++++1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troll or not, if he hangs around he'll end up dropping a couple grand on a Phong build within a year.

Dont we all

That post Im gonna Quote in my sig haha