When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell&ross Br03-92

lfovco

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I though about buying a 39mm, but being that the 39mm are marked BR01 (which is supposed to be 46mm) I though it would be comically out of scale and easily spotted as a fake from a mile away.

If the 39mm was marked BR03-92, then maybe I could pull it off. There probably wouldn't be too many gens in the room to compare it to.

If I could order my perfect watch, it would be a 42mm BR03-94 in PVD and orange. (I have a fetish for the little chrono dials.) And I'd be willing to pay for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice... I like the hex strap bolts, and the blue lume on the hands! :)

However it seems like the caseback is marked BR03, while dial and buckle is marked BR01?

There are two big problems with this watch - it's marked BR01 as you noted, and it is missing the Date complication.

Guest avitt

The dial issue is significant- I'd expect it to get fixed pretty quickly. This is definitely a step in the right direction, though. We're almost there...

There are two big problems with this watch - it's marked BR01 as you noted, and it is missing the Date complication.

It's #$&* like this that drives me nuts. One step forward and ten steps back. The finally get the size/back right for a BR-03, THEN THEY BOTCH THE DIAL!!! How hard is it to put in a freaking date module? And, when the finally do, you can all but bet the farm that the date will either be the wrong color or wrong font. Please, please...no one buy this watch. Let's see how quickly the changes come if we don't buy this oh-gee-I-guess-it's-close-enough version.

Of course, I'm still annoyed by having to glue my lugs so they'd stay put on my 46mm version and never getting the replacements I was promised. I put a gen nylon/velcro strap on it and it looks great, but I still had to pay to have the rubbish movement serviced (although the seller did offer a replacement - at my shipping cost, of course).

Sorry for the rant. Discuss amongst yourselves. This is why I've been concentrating on putting together Daytona Frankens. They cost more, but you get something that looks better and works right.

I totally agree with you. How retarded one needs to be to make a product that's all soooooo wrong???? Are Makers truly THAT BLIND???? Looks like they really need to babysat by guys like Puretime every second. That's just insane.

PS.

What's the link to see it anyway?

thanks...

It's #$&* like this that drives me nuts. One step forward and ten steps back. The finally get the size/back right for a BR-03, THEN THEY BOTCH THE DIAL!!! How hard is it to put in a freaking date module? And, when the finally do, you can all but bet the farm that the date will either be the wrong color or wrong font. Please, please...no one buy this watch. Let's see how quickly the changes come if we don't buy this oh-gee-I-guess-it's-close-enough version.

I totally agree with you. How retarded one needs to be to make a product that's all soooooo wrong???? Are Makers truly THAT BLIND???? Looks like they really need to babysat by guys like Puretime every second. That's just insane.

PS.

thanks...

As annoyed as I am, I'm with Euno on this one. I'm sure they'll get it right and probably sooner than later. This is what the factory spit out for now and the dealers are just trying to unload 'em. When they finally do get this one right, I'll be all over it. A buddy of mine has the gen BR-03 and it's a gorgeous watch. And as troublesome as my stainless BR-01 has been, it more than holds it own when set next to the gen BR-03. I hope they keep the price down too, as I've got a vj23 Daytona project going and a gen Tag Heuer McQueen on backorder.

PS.

thanks...

Here are some shots. I trust PT has nothing against. :unsure:

241102-9816.jpg

241102-9817.jpg

241102-9818.jpg

241102-9819.jpg

241102-9820.jpg

241102-9821.jpg

Size's indeed better. The back too. But as mentionned, for the moment it seems we have some kind of hybrid watch.

As the other dealers don't bring it yet, we may suppose it's a prototype, no ? I too feel we may soon get a close to perfect rep.

I stick to the 39 for the moment. Believe it or not, it's a fantastic watch for the price. And 39mm on a small wrist simply fits perfectly. And there's a real nice choice (PVC, orange dial etc...).

Here's my favorite to date :

241102-9822.jpg

Find a black strap with orange stitching, and I think you have a "big boob" watch ! :Jumpy:

(I'm referring to a thread I once read from Clive, where it seems that orange watches are teasing big boob girls..)

I do apologize to all girls with small boobs... :whistling:

They're probably hoping people who can't wait will buy this close version, and then when they perfect it they'll buy another, I suspect they've done this with various watches already, and it probably works too.

Sell the same thing twice...very common.

But here the flaws are huge : anyone will spot you, not speaking of the date or whatever, just of the paradox between the various markings.

Something must be wrong. And why aren't these 03-92 available from the other core dealers ?

Anyway, if the case has been done, all the rest should easily follow.

There must be a correct dial and buckle being made as I type.

And hopefully, there are date modules being slapped into this rep, too.

I bet that the new BR03 is dependent upon the creation of the BR03 dial (due to the date window).

We are almost there.

I'm with you on it. Once it's done right it will be definitely one to get. For now what they produced is a joke. It cracks me up though that after so many years of buyers like us pointing things out and trying to get the whole "being acurate" idea across to dealers and makers we still see things like that come out... it amazes me.

Thankfully guys like Puretime with projects like Big Bang and IWC Aquatimer can actually make a difference.

I think our demand should dictate quality. I think our dealers should put more pressure on makers and never have picked up crap like that and try to sell it... Especially knowing how watch educated buyers are these days.

As annoyed as I am, I'm with Euno on this one. I'm sure they'll get it right and probably sooner than later. This is what the factory spit out for now and the dealers are just trying to unload 'em. When they finally do get this one right, I'll be all over it. A buddy of mine has the gen BR-03 and it's a gorgeous watch. And as troublesome as my stainless BR-01 has been, it more than holds it own when set next to the gen BR-03. I hope they keep the price down too, as I've got a vj23 Daytona project going and a gen Tag Heuer McQueen on backorder.

Guest avitt
BTW, did someone notice it's not 42..?

Yeah...and frankly, that's a much bigger problem than the dial. At just over 40mm, it's closer to the 39mm fantasy version than it is to reality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...