When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Banned from RWI

swdivad

I just had to post my experience over on one of the other forums...This makes me appreciate so much the good and well-balanced (mentally and structurally) moderator and admin team here on this forum... Good job guys in keeping the peace and riff-raff out with some thinking and sense behind it!

Anyway, how about these guys? Talk about stressed with no sense of humor... I mean seriously some of these guys gotta take a chill-pill, or get off the steroids, or get laid, or something!!

In the well over 10 years of hassle free watch forum membership... My strap sale thread [censored] the fan because of an eeensie-weensie tongue in cheek comment (just below) about their 'rule' "encouraging" members' sales to be limited to five items!!!

nuke_0.thumb.JPG.21e796eb86c24696edd54f1

It apparently is much harder to moderate a sale post with 28 items in it compared to 6 posts of 5 items each... go figure.

In the end, I was called a little big man,, a pumped up self entitled asshat, a cocky little smartarse... amongst others from the admin team... what? are these guys kindergartners??

nuke_1.thumb.JPG.9bddfc96811ec54636dd037

Then a members chimed in saying how the admin is "dropping science" on me... (WTF is this 'science' bologna from the peanut gallery??!! what a [censored] LOL)

nuke_2.thumb.JPG.c07d427147b5eafc417759e

And then after a few more messages, the issue was pretty resolved and all was good, posts even re-instated by the nuker... great, dust is settled and it all seemed cool.

Until the BIG GUY came in with a few more shots over my bow, which basically ended with me sending a PM saying it wasn't worth my time to be dealing with people like this. All posts were removed, my status is set to purgatory or something like that.

He did refund my one day old VIP membership, so, I'll give him one point for that.

nuke_3.thumb.JPG.6da258fbae3deffab2bb9b8

Edited by swdivad

Hey S-dub, I remember when you joined RWG, and TRC before that.  In fact, I remember you asking me to change the original name you registered with. 

You're member #212 here and in all that time you've never put a foot wrong.  We're proud to have you around these parts.

So stick around, big guy.  Beers are on me next time you're in town.

• Like 2

Oh well, let's be nice: it happens to every human to have a bad day.

But then, indeed, the lack of sense of humor may be permanent for some, unfortunately ;-)

Anyways, as said by Nanuq...you're more than welcome, here!

Edited by Stephane
  • Like 1

Well, rules are rules. I think you caught the mods on a bad day. But when in their house you play by their rules. I was banned after 2 weeks for my response to a warning I was given.  I don't miss them at all. Welcome to the lifetime ban club from rwi.

• Like 1

To be honest mate... your liberal misuse of adverbial phrases, split infinitives and errant use of prepositions is a crime against any grammar sensitive person sensibilities...

for that alone I would of banned you.... :)

Dont worry though as you mention it could just be one of your nightmares and you will find yourself waking up with Bobby Ewing still in the shower... :)

• Like 2

Good ol Trailboss or Col or captain fukwit as I like to refer to him as....Great Australian that bloke.

That forum used to be one of my favourites and full of great mods but yea those days are long gone don't stress it D as you know it's much better over this side.

Edited by bwhitesox
  • Like 1

I mean no disrespect, and I don't know you, but you were indeed being cocky with them when you really didn't need to be. It could have been resolved easily and quickly with no drama at all. None. I mean come on, between us, how hard would it have been for you to just break it up into the smaller threads they wanted? Right? Oh golly, maybe a few more pics would have been needed, but most of the text could have just been cut and pasted, right?

After reading the comments you made to the police, this reminds me of all the movies and TV shows where the cops go to talk to someone and the person acts indignantly and like a total wise a$$. Every time I see that in a movie or TV show I always say "who on Earth talks to the cops like that?" Well, I think you did the same thing with this situation. Of course they are going to respond that way.

You played with fire and got burned. Sorry man. Tough lesson, but maybe things will go better next time.

To be honest mate... your liberal misuse of adverbial phrases, split infinitives and errant use of prepositions is a crime against any grammar sensitive person sensibilities...

for that alone I would of banned you.... default_smile.png

Dont worry though as you mention it could just be one of your nightmares and you will find yourself waking up with Bobby Ewing still in the shower... default_smile.png

Now that was funny!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean no disrespect, and I don't know you, but you were indeed being cocky with them when you really didn't need to be. It could have been resolved easily and quickly with no drama at all. None. I mean come on, between us, how hard would it have been for you to just break it up into the smaller threads they wanted? Right? Oh golly, maybe a few more pics would have been needed, but most of the text could have just been cut and pasted, right?

After reading the comments you made to the police, this reminds me of all the movies and TV shows where the cops go to talk to someone and the person acts indignantly and like a total wise a$$. Every time I see that in a movie or TV show I always say "who on Earth talks to the cops like that?" Well, I think you did the same thing with this situation. Of course they are going to respond that way.

You played with fire and got burned. Sorry man. Tough lesson, but maybe things will go better next time.

Good point! In my half century of life, I've learned that you just can't argue with stupid!

• Like 2

Good point! In my half century of life, I've learned that you just can't argue with stupid!

Mate not only cant you argue with stupid but you cant live with stupid either..!!   you should try being married to her...!!

Edited by PeteM

Mate not only cant you argue with stupid but you cant live with stupid either..!!   you should try being married to her...!!

Ha! How do you think I learned that, pal?!

OH HELL NO!!!

OH, did you marry his ex or his daughter??? LOL

I understand how you might see that from the small screen grabs, and I could have left out my comment, but really, they were assholes first, so I responded in kind... No harm done really; I don't want to associate with people like that anyway. They remind me of ex school hall monitors that never got anywhere in life.

ouch! I think my syntax is close to grammatically impeccable... If you have any tips, please share :)

for that alone I would of banned you.... :)

aaaiiiaaa!

Dont worry though as you mention it could just be one of your nightmares and you will find yourself waking up with Bobby Ewing still in the shower... :)

Hey S-dub, I remember when you joined RWG, and TRC before that.  In fact, I remember you asking me to change the original name you registered with. 

You're member #212 here and in all that time you've never put a foot wrong.  We're proud to have you around these parts.

So stick around, big guy.  Beers are on me next time you're in town.

Cheers mate! If you ever sail down to Bangkok, please call... the beers and wenches will be on me!

This is the best forum IMO; friendly, full of info, and descent.

I'm always here... more in the background for the last few years, but still here.