When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This morning, my watch has been seized !

themannier

To OP,

Yes, i always tought that should arrived , and for the first time, my watch has been seized by the French customs; there is a suspicion of counterfeit, so they are waiting for the invoice to be sure it's a gen :)

I returned this watch 45 days ago to get it fixed by the TD, and he returned it to me with DHL.... until today, i never had an issue with DHL to France, but not this time :nono:

I won't have my noob v5 hulk :huh:

I have known who you are, and I have been aware of what happened from the RWI Brig since a while ago, but I refrained from commenting here, since I DO believe that everyone deserves a second chance. But I see the imminent mob lynching about to happen, and I am here to try to prevent your butt from being scorched too badly.  

To start a PP dispute against a dealer, and then blaming it on the wife, is not something I would encourage you to do. Trying to indulge in self-deprecating humor in the RWI brig would not win you any empathy either, or help you at all. We all made mistakes, and had our fair share of douchebaggery. The sensible thing to do is to man up and apologize. No frills, just a straight up "I was wrong, and I am sorry. Please forgive me". And stick to it sincerely. It is not too late for you to repent, learn from your mistake, and move forward from here. You should also apologize over at RWI without any more excuses or reasons. If you are sorry, show it. Sure, you would still get bashed, because people come in all shapes, sizes, and character types, but you would definitely start winning others over if you are sincere enough. You committed the cardinal sin of starting a pp dispute against a trusted dealer here, and consequentially causing inconvenience to the customers who buy from the same dealer. Understand the wrong you did, and be sincere in your apologies. Do not repeat your mistake again, and do not hide behind anybody else. It would just cause others to disrespect you even more.

You are already banned from two forums, or maybe 3. Surely you do not wish the mob to lynch you here? Because if I know internet herd instinct, one word out of place and you will have the wolf pack descending upon you. 

Before you are banned here, or have your privileges restricted, I would urge you to apologize sincerely. If you do not, that shows that you either think that what you did was not at all a mistake, or that you find it hard to type from behind the skirts of your wife. That would also mean that you would continue to be a risk to the rest of us who use paypal to buy from dealers. 

RWI and RG both have good reasons for banning you, and believe me, the axe is above your head now. I would do my best to ensure that RWG members do not suffer the risk of being inconvenienced by your mentality, if you still think what you did was correct and beyond reproach. 

Toro, and a lot of RWI and RG staff and members, are all in the house. The forums are actually more closely tied than you would have liked.

Apologize to them, give your word that you would not repeat your mistake again, and be good henceforth. 

If you are a man, behave like one. I will not call you names, because you still get a scintilla of courtesy from me, despite what you did. But try to defend yourself further or laugh it off, and you will understand that there is no skirt wide enough to hide you from the hammer.

Think about what I've just told you, and how you want to respond, is entirely up to you. 

Edited by Legend

I know it was a big mistake, and i want to tell Toro that i really apologize...i never had a problem with him since i am in the rep game; i had no reason to do such a bad thing, i totally agree with you all...but now i think it's too late and i will always be "the guy who made a PP dispute against Toro" !

I know i should not have talk about the problem at home, but believe me, that was a harm- wrestling with my wife; she doesn't know the rep rules like me...So, what could i do, kill her ? Beat her ?

The only thing i could do at this moment was to cancel the PP dispute against Toro, BUT, that was too late, because he already sent back the funds...

If ever someone tells this history is a joke again, please, mod, ban me know, i don't want to explain the same problem again and again while everybody is laughing at me.

If you are all OK to get me ban form here, well, i accept this, i realize my chance to be still on this forum !

TORO, i apologize again, and i always considered you as the best dealer, that's why i only made my orders from you :huh: (last order from you around the 15 of august, paid with mastercard, rolex noob sub v5 no date !)

Thanks for reading !

Edited by themannier

Guys this is not RWI, Geek Or RWG bz so there will be no lynch mobs. I have been aware of this read thread over there and mannier came to me to ask for a chance here which he got. He is on probation and knows this. TORO feel free to PM me in regard as you are the aggrieved party .

Edited by Mike on a bike

Guys this is not RWI, Geek Or RWG bz so there will be no lynch mobs. I have been aware of this read thread over there and mannier came to me to ask for a chance here which he got. He is on probation and knows this. TORO feel free to PM me in regard as you are aggrieved party .

I think this should be the spirit that separates this forum from all the others and the endless bashing and abuse all over the internet. And this spirit is ultimately one of the main reasons why I like this forum.

• Like 1

That Brig thread @ RWI is a perfect example of why they will never see a nickel of my money, EVER.    What a bunch of Internet Thugs..........

This Brig section is a total horror even for a guy(me !) who committed a fault; I think that it is a form of lack of respect of the poor human  that we are....

Guys this is not RWI, Geek Or RWG bz so there will be no lynch mobs. I have been aware of this read thread over there and mannier came to me to ask for a chance here which he got. He is on probation and knows this. TORO feel free to PM me in regard as you are aggrieved party .

Well sais and thanks: I am extremely grateful to RWG and to Mike on a bike for giving myself this ultimate luck !

I don't like scammers having been the victim before. I find Legend a true gent and one whom is wise. Mike is the voice of reason here, take note of what he says. Micky has my total respect; if it's okay with him........

If Toro confirms that things are 'sorted', then I'd be prepared to bite my tongue and see how you fit in. Whilst I can never see myself dealing with you as a buyer or seller I'll just say make amends and see how it goes. 

I have never had any dealings with the OP, so I really don't have a "dog in this fight" I believe that my friend Legend very succinctly summarized the situation. A heartfelt apology to Toro, and a pledge that he will never under any circumstances repeat his prior actions would go a long way to defuse this situation. I also am very glad that Mike on a Bike has weighed in as a voice of reason here.

Guys sometimes folks make bad decisions, often on the spur of the moment, a little too much alcohol, frustration, and in some cases such as this a totally pissed off headstrong significant other who took it upon herself to right what she considered a wrong. I can sympathize to a point, as I am married to a beautiful lady, who has her own ideas about what should be done in any situation, one reason I never ever let her know what is going on until the problem is solved! She may give me a Royal ass chewing if I screw up, but I would rather have her chewing on me than a bunch of folks who may be impacted by a hasty decision..

I don't advocate just saying " let bygones be bygones" and just blithely continue on, but if the person is truly sorry, I am not and advocate of a draconian punishment. I cannot speak for the other forums, they have their own rules and rule makers, but this is RWG and hopefully we can work through this and move forward.

I am sorry that this happened to Toro, he is a good guy and a valued member of this community. I know that he has suffered from this and it affects a lot of members who deal with him. A lesson learned to all, a Paypal dispute has far reaching consequences, well beyond the individual member's attempt to solve a problem. There are protocols that have to be followed when there are disputes, and those avenues MUST be pursued, period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes folks can make bad decisions but it must be remembered how devastating they can be for the dealer.

I have had so many accounts burned I can no longer get another and yes that does hurt business.

These guys who start the PP disputes are no longer on this forum but I have little doubt the still move freely on other boards, or at least until the pull the same stunt with another dealer.

Therefore it is in everyone's best interest to keep educating members not to use Paypal disputes, the dealers you have now have been here for many years and if you close them down the guys that replace them may give nowhere near the same service.

Ken

Well I guess between Legend and Panerai153 that about sums it up. (they write so much better than I can)  I will just add this on reading their posts in them you get the overall perspective of our board: this is what we strive to be, thoughtful, mature, measured. This is not to disparage other boards and their mods whom I count as friends their volume does not allow it, but here we can so we do.

True Ken and of course we/I are not blind to it but in this case the OP and Toro got screwed by the other half hence the second chance.

• Like 1