When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ouch! Gen 1675 Modified to ProHunter

UmpaHimself

I was doing some reading and research on crystals. In another thread Nanuq was talking about CWP Tropic 19s and my searching led me to a post on VRF about a guy named Michael Young and his T19 replacement crystals. The OP stated "Unfortunately, he didn't lug along his vintage Rolex collection but he was sporting his customized black DLC GMT 1675 on a camouflage NATO. Stealthy Rolex travel watch?"

Which was followed by this picture that almost made me fall out of my chair in disgust.

38F7BC2D-6736-4388-9DF9-680416640D67-774

Michael is a really great guy and awesome at what he does, but....C'Mon Man. @ceejay I believe this combination is possible. 1966 was the transitional year so you see both gilt and matte dials with both big and little GMT hands. Guessing this is a 66 or early 67.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, droptopman said:

Michael is a really great guy and awesome at what he does, but....C'Mon Man. @ceejay I believe this combination is possible. 1966 was the tradition year so you see both gilt and matte dials with both big and little GMT hands. Guessing this is a 66 or early 67.

I think that makes it worse