When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$1000 Watch Suggestions/genuine Preferred

crystalcranium

Just came into some disposable cash. What would you get for 1K. I'm looking for some new ideas so no Speedmaster automatics please :rolleyes:

Well, they just made a kick-ass rep of the SuperOcean Steelfish, so maybe a Colt GMT?

I've been looking at two of the Titanium Oris divers, the Regulateur and the Carlos Coste special. I'm not sure what they cost in the US but in Japan they're around $800 for the Reg and $1200 for the Coste, very good deals I think for gen Titanium tool watches with 1000/2000m water resistance and rubber strap and Ti bracelet included in the package.

Here's a guy selling a Davosa Chrono for $995 on TZ:

Davosa Chrono 48mm

post-12-1170736984_thumb.jpg

Here's the site to tell you all about this watch, the only thing that sucks is 5ATM depth. :( It does have a Valjoux 7750 movement though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Davosa Watch Site

If you don't like this one I would have to go with the Sinn U1 too, I wanted to get one of those, but the watch winder is full right now, so my auto options are out for now. :( I have been looking at a Sinn UX, but I'm having trouble convincing myself I want to get another quartz watch. :(

The Oris TT1 and the Fortis are calling to me.

Good choices. The Fortis watches I saw in Bangkok changed my mind completely and since then they're right up there on my list of potential first expensive genuines. I admit to liking the Oris as well, but if I were after a diver, I'd equally be tempted by the Swiss-powered Orsa Sea Angler. You can get two with your $1000.

197076-2775.jpg

Besides ORIS and HAMILTON, this is another that is in that range, maybe a hundred or two more: the Ball Engineer Master II Diver. It has those cool little tubes that glow like mad without re-charging:

http://www.ballwatchusa.com/collection/Eng...iverSAJBKGR.asp

Day view:

197156-2751.jpg

Night:

197156-2752.jpg

This would be up there with the ORIS for me.

Wow, keepem coming guys. Who said $1000 was the knife's edge between [censored] and gold? That Ball watch has grabbed my eye more than once before. I had no idea it was affordable.