When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh Boy, My Two New Watches

Pugwash

Two new watches arrived today. 18 photos follow.

198299-2303.jpg

They arrived in this bag, from Thailand. If you're trying to guess what they are and you think you know, you're probably right.

Please note, I couldn't contain my excitement any more so these photos are straight off the camera, no dust removal, no noise reduction, no Photoshop of any kind. I will of course be producing a few wallpapers of these beauties over the next few days, but for now, just soak in the raw beauty.

198299-2304.jpg

198299-2305.jpg

198299-2306.jpg

198299-2307.jpg

198299-2308.jpg

198299-2309.jpg

198299-2310.jpg

198299-2311.jpg

198299-2312.jpg

198299-2313.jpg

198299-2314.jpg

198299-2315.jpg

198299-2316.jpg

198299-2317.jpg

198299-2318.jpg

198299-2319.jpg

198299-2320.jpg

[re-edit: image host back up, photos pointed at the right server once more]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have a wider Rlx selection than MBW? (Trying to justify another trip to Bangkok for me)

I have no idea. I very specifically wanted these two so I sent my brother, who lives in Bangkok, to the stall with pictures and descriptions. Apparently, they completely denied the existence of white-text dials first time he went, offering a single-red as what they thought I meant. Needless to say, my brother isn't that daft and understands Thai shopping. He returned later and they indeed had these two MBW/WM/WBM quality Bangkok Best watches.

I'm very happy by the way. :Jumpy:

Sweet, are these from your brother?

Yes, they are. In case my lack of using the letters MBW distracted people, these are the same as MBWs and WMs. I'm referring to them as Bangkok Best as I don't want to imply that I bought them off either Maria, George or Neil (TTK being the only source on this forum for these).

Mmm ... takes genuine parts ...

hello,

nice watches! but i can´t belive that nearly none of our dealers here is able to source these vintage rlx... i mean your brother was able to get them so it shouldn´t be that problem for someone like jos, eddie, river or... any other dealer here on the board!

best wishes

Two new watches arrived today. 18 photos follow.

198402-2285.jpg

They arrived in this bag, from Thailand. If you're trying to guess what they are and you think you know, you're probably right.

Please note, I couldn't contain my excitement any more so these photos are straight off the camera, no dust removal, no noise reduction, no Photoshop of any kind. I will of course be producing a few wallpapers of these beauties over the next few days, but for now, just soak in the raw beauty.

[

wow, i am in awe. the sub especially is gorgeous

hello,

nice watches! but i can´t belive that nearly none of our dealers here is able to source these vintage rlx... i mean your brother was able to get them so it shouldn´t be that problem for someone like jos, eddie, river or... any other dealer here on the board!

best wishes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that was because the dealers here mainly deal in chinese watches,

and MBW is Thai watches??

i mean your brother was able to get them so it shouldn´t be that problem for someone like jos, eddie, river or... any other dealer here on the board!

My brother lives in Bangkok. The stall that sells these doesn't deliver or accept returns, so I don't see how anyone but TTK or someone with contacts in BKK, like George, can get them.

Beautiful watches, Pug. I sure wish I had a brother in Bangkok. I guess you saved a little money in the process also. Wear them in good health and keep us posted on the mods.

To be honest, once you take the time and delivery into account, you don't save that much, especially if you factor in the risk and the falling dollar. If you imagine an MBW from George was $450 when the dollar and the euro were around 1:1, you can undercut George by a fair margin. However, now the dollar sucks cheese, you're not able to save that much.

I was considering selling the Sub at immense profit to fund the parts for the 1665, but when you do the maths, the profits aren't that great, especially when most of the people that would be interested are in the US where the dollar sucks right now.

Sure, I saved some cash, and I'd do it again, but it's not the huge savings you'd all expect. :D

Guest leonado

Pugs once again is only telling half the truth...

The source for these two watches he got from me. He then sent his brother to the shop "pichai shop" on ground floor of MBK to get these two watches for him.

Anyone that wants to knwo where to get these contact me via pm or email!

The vintage models are made by this shop in bangkok on a per order basis. They are not mass produced like china products. Price is only 200US$.

The shop does offer delivery but only for orders of 10 pieces minimum! I normally pick up watches on my holidays but have gotten one order delivered

without problems before as well.

L

P.S. The shop garantees its products as well. I had a broken crystal and they replaced it no questions asked. Somebody just needs to get his facts straight before spouting off misinformation

P.S.S. I am at Moscow airport and for some reason can not reply to my PMs. I will answer as soon as possible.

Edited by leonado