When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer Descriptions

Admin

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm right there with you. Let's just do it and see how it flies.

would it make sense for me to compile a draft worksheet of guildlines and publish it for editing or do we just want to wing it. ? i think taking one more crack at a draft may make sense so we are all on the same page, but if most think otherwise fine.

If we think there is value in doing a draft, we can do a sticky with the final (after edits) guidlines and let the dealers know they are free to self-certify or not, at their own discretions. May take me a couple of days to get the draft.. i will just use what everyone else has already proposed as a starting point.

I think the convention I posted earlier in the thread is workable, and a few descriptions may need a little tweaking, but otherwise fine.

• 4 weeks later...

The only problem I see with this is that the dealers in question do not hawk their ware here anymore...they have websites. They might still contribute to RWG...but I can't remember the last time Andrew or Josh posted anything for sale here.

The only problem I see with this is that the dealers in question do not hawk their ware here anymore...they have websites. They might still contribute to RWG...but I can't remember the last time Andrew or Josh posted anything for sale here.

Good point - most of our dealers have websites or working actually to create one. But how haveyou recognized the dealers-websites? Via RWG, TRC, RWi and so one... the oldtimers in generall now what to ask and how they can rate a dealers but for newbies this is very hard... and as newbie where would you buy a watch? From a dealer signed a voluntary contract of honesty or a third one?

As this sitehere is to talk about watches and avoid to be scammed my biggest concernb are the newbies and not the educated members so it still makes all sense for me...

Just my 2 cts :whistling:

• 9 months later...

It has been over a year now since this topic was first broached and comments/ideas invited. Was anything ever implemented or has it just rolled over and died?