When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dealer Descriptions

Admin

If it is Asia ETA, it will be written as Asia ETA instead of ETA (This one was hell of an argument..LOL)

No. Just drop the ETA bit altogether and call it Asia 28xx, or whatever. ETA is a movement maker, the number designates the movement design. We've never called the Asia 7750 'Asia ETA 7750' so why start now?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No. Just drop the ETA bit altogether and call it Asia 28xx, or whatever. ETA is a movement maker, the number designates the movement design. We've never called the Asia 7750 'Asia ETA 7750' so why start now?

The qualifier "clone" or "copy" needs to be added to denote that it is not an ETA movement, or perhaps in quotation marks is desireable.

ie.

Asian "ETA 7750" clone

or

Asian "ETA 7750" copy

We could make it even plainer and call it:

Asian "ETA 7750" forgery ;)

Edited by Chronus

Syn.Sapphire eqv. to Mineral Glass
:thumbdown:

If it's true, that's lame... What's the link between sapphire and mineral glass ?!

Worst : the water drop test becomes perfectly useless : it works well on both my so called "synthetic sapphire" reps... :black_eye:

Edited by Pix

There is of course another way for Andrew and Josh to work this, we can agree to totally disregard any descriptions on their sites but any watch posted here or any enquiery by a member must be given with the correct terminology.

Ken

There is of course another way for Andrew and Josh to work this, we can agree to totally disregard any descriptions on their sites but any watch posted here or any enquiery by a member must be given with the correct terminology.

Ken

Problem there is that they don't post every watch in the dealer section... I think consistency for them on their websites and on here will give more confidence to customers as well. Not all customers look through the dealer section, and go directly to their website.

Witness the numerous links to a page when a new watch is released...

Excactly, if has an ETA stamp then fair enough, if not dont go near those 3 letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronus had some great ideas. But I'm not that sure about including ETA at all in the copy-movement descriptions. Try Asian 7750, or Clone 7750 or Copy 7750.

That way, the Asian/Clone/Copy wording becomes quite hard to omit/forget/insert applicable word here.

And I understand the hassle of changing super lume to not so super lume on older watches. However, can't see the problem for newer additions? Well, in a way I do. The info on the pages most probably arrives with the pictures directly from factory, so the work that would be put into changing new arrivals is a lot more difficult to do than just copy pasting it. Especially if the factory doesn't really care, and everything is drop-shipped. That said, could the dealer section on this page be altered in a way so that new posts for dealers would be templates where they enter information. Where some/all fields are necessary? Or even better, remove some open answers and let them tick in either mineral, sapphire, or plastic/plexi; various forms of movements; lume: super luminova, regular lume, supadupaloom/lume that is super etc; Ar-coating: existant or non-existant/light ar; Material used for case; Material used for strap; Size of case w/o crown and Size of watch (inc. crown) etc. That way confusion could be minimized and it could bring forward some form of standardization.

i definitely think at the very least that for new watches created / posted, the dealers should comply with the decided upon standards. i think an effort to comply with the most popular / top selling watches would also be appreciated by the members, regardless of when they were posted.

i also understand the logistical nightmare it would be to update every single watch on their sites -- it's just not a good use of their time.

I didn't think that was what was proposed.... just ammend or delete the offending wording :angry:

I was of the understanding that only a few watches were in question??

Or can someone advise me otherwise?

Offshore

I've seen the Corums and PAM212 listed with "synthetic sapphire" aka (mineral) glass.

Omega Aqua Terra and Bell & Ross with ETA 2892, and possibly include the current Franck Muller Conquistador as well.

There are others but I am off to bed now.

I have it available already as an MS Frontpage template........it's the same one that I've used since TRC days......and should provide all the information that a prospective buyer would need........and can be posted as an html document.......all you do is fill in the details....if the board wants to adopt is as some sort of standard that should be adhered to....I don't mind making it available........just remember you saw it at TTK's first.......:D<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 1</title></head><body bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><p align="left"><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>REF No:                                           </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>MAKE:<font color="#0000FF">   </font>                                         </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>MODEL:                                          </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>MATERIAL: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                                 </b></font></p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000">DIMENSIONS: </font><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#0000FF">   </font><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000">                             </font></b></p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial">WEIGHT:</font></b></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>DIAL COLOUR:<font color="#0000FF">   </font>                             </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>MOVEMENT:                                  </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>No OF JEWELS:                           </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>SWEEP SECOND HAND: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>            </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>HACK FACILITY: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                        </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>SCREW DOWN CROWN: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>           </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>FRONT GLASS: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                         </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>CASEBACK: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                              </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>BRACELET:                                  </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>LOGOS: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                                    </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>CLASP: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                                    </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>DATE INDICATOR: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                     </b></font></p><p><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>SUB DIALS: <font color="#0000FF">   </font>                              </b></font></p><hr size="10"><p> </p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000">QUANTITY AVAILABLE:</font><font color="#0000FF" size="2" face="Arial">                 </font></b></p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000">PRICE:                                           </font></b></p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000">PAYPAL FEES:</font><font color="#0000FF" size="2" face="Arial">                                </font></b></p><p><b><font size="2" face="Arial">SHIPPING:</font><font color="#0000FF" size="2" face="Arial">                                    </font></b></p><hr size="10"><p> </p>

Chronus had some great ideas. But I'm not that sure about including ETA at all in the copy-movement descriptions. Try Asian 7750, or Clone 7750 or Copy 7750.

That way, the Asian/Clone/Copy wording becomes quite hard to omit/forget/insert applicable word here.

And I understand the hassle of changing super lume to not so super lume on older watches. However, can't see the problem for newer additions? Well, in a way I do. The info on the pages most probably arrives with the pictures directly from factory, so the work that would be put into changing new arrivals is a lot more difficult to do than just copy pasting it. Especially if the factory doesn't really care, and everything is drop-shipped. That said, could the dealer section on this page be altered in a way so that new posts for dealers would be templates where they enter information. Where some/all fields are necessary? Or even better, remove some open answers and let them tick in either mineral, sapphire, or plastic/plexi; various forms of movements; lume: super luminova, regular lume, supadupaloom/lume that is super etc; Ar-coating: existant or non-existant/light ar; Material used for case; Material used for strap; Size of case w/o crown and Size of watch (inc. crown) etc. That way confusion could be minimized and it could bring forward some form of standardization.

This had been a hot topic when we started this site here - we finally decided not to implement it as we would give the dealers the opportunity to present their items in the way they like most...

But maybe this could be an part of the voluntary standards rule... as said this should be discussed with the dealers if they would/could work with or not and if the majority of the members prefer offers that way...

Waiting for some more input from the dealers :whistling: CNY :wounded1:

ETA xxxx = Genuine Swiss movement of worldwide origin

Asian xxxx = Copy movement of dubious origin

examples:

ETA 7750

ETA 7753

ETA 2892

ETA 2836....

ETA 6497

ASIAN 7750 21.6k,

ASIAN 7750 28.8k, aka ASIAN 7750B1

ASIAN 7750 28.8k with GMT function

ASIAN 6497

ASIAN 7750 28.8k daytona movement with running seconds at 6.

if its a modded Genuine Swiss movement then:

ETA 7750 for daytona with running seconds at 6

in any case it is MHO that:

ETA = ETA ebauche, Genuine Swiss movement from any of the worldwide ETA factories.

ASIAN = COPY

above and beyond these words the dealer has latitude to describe the functions, the buyer can ask questions the dealers will get the point if many buyers ask the same questions and will modify the listing appropriately.

as for crystals.. self explanitory..

if NO AR = NO AR .... not light AR.

AR can be single or double

plexi glass, mineral crystal, or sapphire

case = material

SS, Ti, or gold Plate (how thick?)

1:1G = takes ALL gen parts.

therefore MBW 1680etc are not 1:1G because movement will not work/drop in. not a true 1:1.

1:1 = dimensions fashioned from genuine article, some parts may fit -some may not.

example:

item: Breitling Chronomat Evolution -version 3

movement: Asian 7750 or ETA 7750

crystal: sapphire, double AR

case: 316L SS

1:1

will this discussion never end?

10000 post and no result now.

i am waiting for next year... maybe my friends will find a agreement

:busted_cop::captain::cc_arabia::cc_canadian: :cc_chinese: :cc_detective: :cc_jockey: :chef::cowboy::cool2: :cold2: :euro::fireman::red_indian:

:fishing1: me

This particular discussion – i.e. member consultation for a new standardised dealer description format – only started yesterday. Hardly “never ending”.

I would have thought that the membership would be delighted at being given the opportunity to get involved in bringing their own ideas and input to the table – democracy at it’s best, some might say.

Some other forums would probably ignore you, whereas here we like to think that you form an integral part of the development of the site and furthermore, the Admin have worked extremely hard at getting this particular ball rolling.

Your post adds nothing to the discussion and frankly is disappointing.

JTB