When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What nice happened to you today or lately ?

Stephane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news nanuq, I hope it's smooth sailing ahead for your family. :)

Other news: Most norwegians these days know how much money they overpaid as last years taxes, and we get that sweet green sheet saying how much the country now owes us.. :) This year it was particularly good news for me, as my 36% income tax left me WELL in the green. :)

My condolences to those in the red, and pardon my gloat.

It's funny really.. It's my money, but it feels like I've won a little every year. :D

Most important of all: My family is healthy, happy and well.

Also: The weather people have predicted the best summer in 70 years, my house is on schedule, fisheries and prices are spectacular and it looks to be a great year overall!!

This is a happy ape :)

I wish you all good fortune and happiness

-TG-

PS: I scored a Boss OD-1 on the bay the other night, been wanting one of these for a long while, since my first one got stolen.

(you geetar players know what I am talking about)

226286-13149.jpg

Brilliant news about Mrs Nanuq. I'm smiling now and I don't even know her.

Today somebody stopped me in the street and admired my car, we talked about it for 10 minutes (Merc 300ce) then he admired my DRSD. I told him it was a rep. I always do. Still it cheered the day up. Oh and Mrs Dieslepower got home after being away on work for 2 weeks. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great thread well done Stephane.

Hi all,

I'm back home after my second live test on the radio (remeber, after 12 years off air)!

The good news: they did not fired me after the first one of last week :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

About the second one ?

I was still feelling stressed and I'm not sure they will let me do the 3 other live tests... :wounded1:

Now, I don't get it: I was live during 18.000 hours from 1980 till 1995 in FM.

Why the hell am I so stressed in 2007.

Oh, yeah must be because this radio is the most listened in my country :Jumpy: .

Anyway: I loved it and wanted to share this with you guys!

Cheers

Stephane

I found out that my beloved Ms. Nanuq does NOT have cancer, after many tests and some significant surgeries.

I am one grateful pup today. :tu:

@Bob

Absolutely wonderful news...

The two of you having walked through this, will never be the same...

The reality of this season in your life will draw you closer than you ever thought possible...

On a personal note~

The Mrs. & I celebrated our 20th Anniversary on Thursday...

Told her I wasn't sure if I should buy her a gift or make her an appointment with a therapist :whistling:

We leave for Mexico in 11 days and a wake-up...

Can't wait to get to the sun & warmth...

TT

That's the one. Its a great aircraft to fly, they used to use them to train Spitfire and P-51 Mustang pilots. Not has heavy on the controls as I was expecting, really well balanced! Some photo's below that were took on the day. It got my appetite going for my Air Force selection in May :victory:

228267-12749.jpg

228267-12750.jpg

228267-12751.jpg

Can't really see it, but there is an SMP Chrono on my wrist :thumbsupsmileyanim:

228267-12752.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well, it's my son's 9th birthday today !!!

That is my best news today: he is still a little boy :wub: and I hope he will stay like that as long as possible...

Ok, ok, I know, it won't last that long though, he will be a teenager one day.

256839-6371.jpg

Cheers

Stephane

@Nanuq,

You are so right!

I sometimes whish my dad had been a collector ;)

My son is probably going to have a huge collection and choose his first "serious" watch among mines at the end of primary school, around 11/12 years...and so on.

You are right too: this thread is carrying some fantastic news.

My best whishes to the Nanuq Family :D

Cheers

Stephane

How could I have missed this thread?!

Let's see... What nice thing happened to me recently...

Well... This is an easy one, and applies for every day, really...

I wake up next to a beautiful woman that I love dearly... And I get to see the gorgeous smiles on the faces of my kids.

To me... That is really all I need in life... And that is everything that I could ever ask for :)

Today I became a non-smoker :)

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it every day!

Mark Twain

Today morning i had great sex with myself lying next of my GF

I never lied again to her hereafter... ;)

P.S. All inhabitants of crete are lyers!

George the Crete

Or am i lying next to you??

We moved offices at work today... The new building is brand new and my office is great. I think I also set the record for the most 19" LCDs in one office... I'm up to 7 and frequently use every one of them :D 1 duallie, 1 quad, and 1 single

It was just a joke about the kind of French that gets taught in UK schools - things like "I want a room for the night with a wash basin" and "I have a pet rabbit. Her name is Fipsi." So unless you only talk about wash basins and rabbits, I wouldn't understand your show! :lol:

Best of luck with it! :thumbsupsmileyanim: