When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steelfish Dial color opinion

Steve G

Ok..I think I might get this watch...it's growing on me and appears to be a real good rep.. Problems is I'm torn between the white dial and blue dial. I have too many black so that's out.

I like the look of white a little more than blue, but hard to decide. So I'm looking for those who bought one and if possible can share how happy or unhappy they are with the dial selection.

for example the AR on the blue dial looks more pronounced than the white..is that true?

I know dial color is personal preference...but just looking for opinions.

Thanks much

I have gone for the white dial. If you need convicing, check out Pug's pictures in this section. Also have a look at Vnema's, shows his on a black rubber strap :wub:

Blue is nice, but I think the white is the nicest option for this watch. Saw the gen a few days ago, compared to the black. The white dial looks slightly bigger, and also more 'classy'! I have an Omega Seamaster in blue, and for me blue dials suit Omega SM's best.

Thank you again...and I really agree with everything you said...which is why I'm leaning heavy towards the white dial..it's just every once in a while a watch appeals to me in several options (when given). Normally I know right away what color I want..but for some reason this watch has me going back in forth.

Ok so it looks like white it's going to be.thanks to all who responded.

I guess my question is how the AR looks on the white dial, is it noticable or as noticiable? Not sure what the gen looks like as I haven't been able to find one.

i'm dealing with a similar dial color choice; if i didn't already have the white dial chronomat evolution, i'd definitely go for white...

Ahhh see I have the BCE in graphite so that's why I'm leaning towards white. Actually seeing more and more of this watch in white is what drew me to it...prior to that I sort of thought it was nothing special.

Actually I think if I look at any watch long enough I'll find something I like about it.

Ok..I think I might get this watch...it's growing on me and appears to be a real good rep.. Problems is I'm torn between the white dial and blue dial. I have too many black so that's out.

I like the look of white a little more than blue, but hard to decide. So I'm looking for those who bought one and if possible can share how happy or unhappy they are with the dial selection.

for example the AR on the blue dial looks more pronounced than the white..is that true?

I know dial color is personal preference...but just looking for opinions.

Thanks much

both are fantastic can't go wrong watches - if you have alot of blue already go white, if you have white go blue

I like this watch, but considering the cost of the gen and the fact I don't yet own a BCE, I'm wondering whether it's worth buying at this price. I would definitely buy the white dial in the steelfish. I'm not sure which BCE version appeals to me, ironically, so my problem is the exact same, except with the other recent breitling super rep.

I like the white version of the BCE as well, but I also like the black dial with silver sub dials as well as the graphite version.

The Steelfish color selection seems easier to me!!

well, everyone says if you have a Brietling you have to have a blue faced model to capture all of it's Brietlingness, but I got the white, and it is a very sophisticated and a very Very classy. It is loud, but the good kind of loud. I will probably get the black face one this month.

This watch caught my eye when i was shopping,

I thought it was going to look massive at 44m, but the size looks good for my wrist.

Im concerned though, is there a 42mm version of the steelfish?Maybe the one i was looking at was not the 44mm one?

please let me know your thoughts,i want to order the rep soon!

well, everyone says if you have a Brietling you have to have a blue faced model to capture all of it's Brietlingness, but I got the white, and it is a very sophisticated and a very Very classy. It is loud, but the good kind of loud. I will probably get the black face one this month.

Update: White dial ordered today...looks like white won out the majority so far...but blue still looks nice to me...anyway had to pick one.

I think the 42mm Steelfish has a different dial altogether...numbers all around it? Not sure maybe someone else knows. I also thought I remember the smalller steelfish comming in orange and yellow dials?

I finally received my black SF today. That black dial is stunning! It is quite close to the real deal because of the concentric rings. By turning the watch in the light it is really nice shining :wub: Go for th black one: As said: Looks wonderul and is quite decent as a dress watch, too!

I ordered a blue dial yesterday, I have the black dial with silver subdial BCE. I've been missing a blue dial watch since I sold my gen seamaster. I think the new style bracelet, or the rubber and the blue face really give it a sporty look. White and Black give it a classier look (Which is what I have the bce for).

I was at the AD the other day and he had one with a cream/champane sort of dial, it was sat next toa whit chronomat (i think but it was white) and you could definatly see the difference in colour, any one else seen this one??????

If someone can post a pic of the black dial...that would be nice..haven't seen one of the rep yet.

I've been wearing my PO 45mm and my wrists are kind of small about 6.75 but I really don't care..if I like the watch I'm wearin' it.

So those with pics...let's see them

I like this watch, but considering the cost of the gen and the fact I don't yet own a BCE, I'm wondering whether it's worth buying at this price. I would definitely buy the white dial in the steelfish. I'm not sure which BCE version appeals to me, ironically, so my problem is the exact same, except with the other recent breitling super rep.

I like the white version of the BCE as well, but I also like the black dial with silver sub dials as well as the graphite version.

The Steelfish color selection seems easier to me!!

there goes that avatar - man that freaks me out