When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello just realized I paid too much from Ideawatches

Like the title says I paid too much $900 for a "swiss" replica Submariner LV from Idealwatches.

I realize now I paid too much and there's nothing I can do, but I love the watch.

After looking around here a bit I was wondering if I got a cheap replica or a decent one.

My digital camera sucks or I would post pics.

Anyone else got a Submariner LV from Idealwatches?

Edited by Nodnarb901

Hi nodnarb,

Firstly- Hi to the forum - and welcome.

Secondly- don't mind slay- he is our unofficial scare off the newbs welcomer, one day he will learn some manners.

Well your intro to reps wasn't "Ideal" was it?

Be assured however that a bit of time spent here will get you up to speed with reality, but be careful ... this place has a serious impact on some members bank balances :D

@slay- One day, young man you will learn some manners, but it may not be from this forum, as you will likely be banned before that happens. You've been told before... now grow up.. or it will become about sex and travel! :angry:

offshore

Slay is pouring salt on an open wound.

Well, I suggest the OP to do some research here. For the price that you paid, you can get a very nice MBW + mods.

Everyone has different learning curve. I almost bought one from those overpriced websites. All I can blame for is Google.

Like I said I realize I made a mistake ( a costly one), Thanks everyone for the replies, I can see I am going to spend a lot of Money on replicas in the near future, I'm already talking to King and Eddie Lee about a better Submariner LV and a Sea Dweller.

If I get another Sub LV I can give the "idea" to my dad which he would love.

I realize without pics it's hard to say, but could I send off my "idea" Sub to get modded and make it a bit more "authentic" looking?

I noticed the pearl at the top isn't right and the crystal sits flush with the bezel, can these be fixed?

FWIW: I had a real rolex a few years ago (an all stainless datejust) and sold it, I loved that watch.

thanks again.

Nodnarb901

Can't speak of the lv you received, but I have a King LV that was Modded by one of our members (BRJ69... Big red Joe) and it's probably the nicest piece I own...

Have a look around, read up and familarize yourself with the community and you'll soon drain your bank account :lol:

Oh yea... Welcome... and let us know when Pam fever hits ya :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Like I said I realize I made a mistake ( a costly one), Thanks everyone for the replies, I can see I am going to spend a lot of Money on replicas in the near future, I'm already talking to King and Eddie Lee about a better Submariner LV and a Sea Dweller.

If I get another Sub LV I can give the "idea" to my dad which he would love.

I realize without pics it's hard to say, but could I send off my "idea" Sub to get modded and make it a bit more "authentic" looking?

I noticed the pearl at the top isn't right and the crystal sits flush with the bezel, can these be fixed?

FWIW: I had a real rolex a few years ago (an all stainless datejust) and sold it, I loved that watch.

thanks again.

A lot will depend on whether its worth spending the money to mod, yes I know it cost you $900 but it could still be a very cheap Canal street rep.

To help you here we do need pic's and a good one would be of the movement.

Ken

Welcome Nodnarb. This place is real good and everyone for the most part is very helpful. I'm sorry to here about your "first time". I've been at this for several months, got my brother hooked as well and between us its been a race to the poor house. :D We have over a dozen reps between us. If it werent' for me stumbling onto RWG and TRC I would be posting just like you as I came real close to pulling he trigger on a $800 rep.

But better days ahead, the dealers here are awesome and the merchandise intoxicating. I've delt with Andrew, Joshua and Precious Time all great each different in their own way. Looking forward to trying Eddie Lee in the future.

Sorry I can't help with your questions, as I'm not very watch repair/mod profficient, but someone here will answer.

Welcome aboard.

I wish I could get a picture of the watch up, I tried my digital camera and my treo 650 and neither could take a good picture (could not even read the "Rolex" name.

One good sign is that when the crown is pulled all the way out the second hand stops (from what I've read this seems to be a good sign).

it does look just like the picture on their site and I am pretty sure it's the watch in the picture.

Thanks again for the welcome, I can already feel my wallet getting lighter!

I wish I could get a picture of the watch up, I tried my digital camera and my treo 650 and neither could take a good picture (could not even read the "Rolex" name.

One good sign is that when the crown is pulled all the way out the second hand stops (from what I've read this seems to be a good sign).

it does look just like the picture on their site and I am pretty sure it's the watch in the picture.

Thanks again for the welcome, I can already feel my wallet getting lighter!

Try looking for posts by PUGWASH in his signature there are links to photo taking tutorials, thwese will drastically improve the quality of your pics and then read my Photo suite tutorial and you will be set.

Chris

Try looking for posts by PUGWASH in his signature there are links to photo taking tutorials, thwese will drastically improve the quality of your pics and then read my Photo suite tutorial and you will be set.

Just a post to make my signature appear so the tutorials show up. :D

Oh, and I can link them here. Photo tutorials :: Part 1 :: Part 2 ::

$900, darn those scam sites can fleece unsuspecting buyer. For that kind of money you can get about five or six decent ETA reps here. Well it is to late now. Read a bit more if ou are still planning to buy more.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

its not the watch that sucks, its your skill ;D

why dont you try and read

this:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=825&hl=

and this:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=826&hl=

and this:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=417

and then try the picture again with your camera :)

Slay, quit being a ~

26279-863.jpg

Like the title says I paid too much $900 for a "swiss" replica Submariner LV from Idealwatches.

I realize now I paid too much and there's nothing I can do, but I love the watch.

After looking around here a bit I was wondering if I got a cheap replica or a decent one.

My digital camera sucks or I would post pics.

Anyone else got a Submariner LV from Idealwatches?

I know how you feel! I made the same bad $900.00 mistake with "Best Swiss" last year. Man, my hole still burns a lot from that one. When I first found the "old" RWG site and started asking noob questions, I felt like a total dumbass, hell, some might argue I still am. No matter! Call it the learning curve. Just consider yourself lucky that you found this site when you did. WARNING! Buying your first Replica is a lot like smoking Crack, once you do it, your hooked! The best thing I can tell you is to read the threads, and read often! A lot of these guys have been around a long time and really know what they are talking about. Some like to "bust your balls", we've all been there. Also, you might want to give Josh a try. I got a Sub LV from him, and I love it. Good luck, and welcome aboard!

I can already see myself spending a lot of time/money here.

I should have known better before spending the money from Idealwatches.

Whenever I buy parts for my car (another thing I spend too much time money on) I always research it first on the forums.

Thanks again for the warm reception. I will try to get some pics up soon using your suggestions/links.

Thanks.

Hi N......... :)

You love the watch but you paid too much for it. The good news is youy love the watch. Many of us here have had the experience of spending too much for crap.

Enjoy your time with us.

Happy Hunting :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW...I think Slay is just showing you some 'tough love' :D

Thanks again guys/gals, I do like the watch and the thing is, If I like this bad rep can't wait to start buying the better ones.

I understand Slay just treatin' a Newb like a Newb no hurt feelings at all. In fact if he was a newbie at the car fourms I'm usually on I would have done the same thing. (I understand the role of being the Newb)

BTW: any good/bad experiences with Perfect Clones? I have been to their site and I like what I see.

Thanks again.

Edited by Nodnarb901

Thanks again guys/gals, I do like the watch and the thing is, If I like this bad rep can't wait to start buying the better ones.

I understand Slay just treatin' a Newb like a Newb no hurt feelings at all. In fact if he was a newbie at the car fourms I'm usually on I would have done the same thing. (I understand the role of being the Newb)

BTW: any good/bad experiences with Perfect Clones? I have been to their site and I like what I see.

Thanks again.

Nice VQ35DE there :D

Yes, I'm a fellow 350z'er

Thanks again.

Perfect Clones is Joshua's site. He's one of our trusted dealers. Contact him at the admin@perfect-clones address on the site (I don't remember the exact one, so I won't pretend my reference is a link), but don't buy through the site directly. I don't think he has the site 'live' yet. Just let him know what you want by email. Buy with confidence from him.