When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG collaboration watch!

dadog13

just saw the gran posting a pic of the RWG collaboration watch...

when the project came out i didn't wanted to participate because i didn't like the watch...nothing special about it...

maybe the mvt and the fact that it is a limited edition...

how do you like it?

I think what's special about it now is the whole debacle that was caused around it's existence. They'll be writing books about it in years to come. Matter of fact.......I'm placing an order for a first edition from the publisher........I'm not holding my breath though.

I have to say that I didn't order it either.....didn't fancy it at all.........call it foresight.

Seeing it again...........well........still doesn't float my boat.

JTB

It stands as a perfect example of how 'commerce by committee' will always falter, and how co-ops are open to abuse...

If a book were to be written about it it should be a satire in the style of Douglas Adams..

Edited by r11co

The hope was that the RWG Collaboration I it would be the first in a long line of RWG watches. The watches were to be homages of different well known and desireable watches. Not replicas but homage watches. The Collaboration I watch is a homage to the OMEGA railmaster:wub: I guess it is still possible that at some later time a new RWG watch will be made...just look at the banner at the top of this page...but I guess that that is only a dream.

I love my RWG watch (even if it is a bittersweet love and much grief has been involved....)

Regards

Gunnar :)

I guess it is still possible that at some later time a new RWG watch will be made...just look at the banner at the top of this page...but I guess that that is only a dream.

"A dream to some, a nightmare to others!"

After what happened last time, are you sure you want to go down that same disasterous path? With hindsight, which is all I have as it happened way before my time, it's obvious the project was doomed. Now we know why it failed and the pitfalls along the way. Why risk it all again for what is basically a watch only made interesting by the story of its failure?

Gran, what did this watch cost you personally? Reputation, sanity, mod_privs, cash, happiness ... and you would consider it again? They make 'em out of stern stuff up north, I'll tell you. Rather you than me. :Jumpy:

Gran, what did this watch cost you personally? Reputation, sanity, mod_privs, cash, happiness ... and you would consider it again?

I will not try it again but that does not man that someone else could not make it happen. Someone who loves RWG and has direct access to the factory could do it. :)

30018-66.jpg

The EOT forum has found an concept that is interesting. I guess this diver is their 3rd collaborative project.

http://www.rhombustech.com/c3/

g. :)

As a member who ordered and lost...I will remember it as a time of sound and fury that in the end signified nothing. I would not repeat the experiment as experience is still the greatest teacher :rolleyes:

Ditto to jjajh, also a member who ordered and lost, no I would not go down the same path again but that is not to say that the original was not a noble idea.

Unfortunately to make your own watch is easy and cheap, its only when we decided to make a hommage watch therefore having the need to use rep manufactorers that the whole thing was stuffed up.

Ken

I participated in the planning and was one of the fortunate few to actually receive one. The Collaboration I is actually a very attractive and reliable watch. It has earned a consistent spot in my rotation of favorites -- alongside my 192, Overseas, PO, and IWC (to give you an idea of some of its competitors for time on my wrist).

Would I prefer that it have an Omega logo instead of the RWG Collaboration I logo? For a while when it became apparent that other purchasers were being stiffed and the other board was melting down, the answer was yes. But now that the new board is seeking to maintain the positive qualities and legacy of the old board, and to provide some compensation to those who were jilted, I am once again able to simply enjoy this timepiece for what it is -- a good, cleanly designed watch.

I got caught up in the spirit of the project. I was a new member of RWG and I thought it was a cool idea. The watch is not one of my favorites and rarely gets wrist time. It reminds me of a t-shirt I got many years ago when I entered my first bicycle race. It's not my favorite t-shirt, I never wear it, and frankly I didn't do that well in the race. But, I've had the shirt forever and when I come across it I'm reminded of a happy time in my life. I think in years to come I'll see the RWG watch in my box and it will remind me of when I first discovered the world of reps.

Im starting design for the Collaboration 2 watch as I type please kindly PP me 2 big ones

and I promise Ill have it out soon. :Jumpy::Jumpy:

J/K ofcource .

I too got caught up in the fun of the design of the watch. It is a shame what a mess it became.

Im glad I was one of the lucky ones.

30523-40575.jpg

For me, it was a powerful reminder of three great universal truths:

1. Like many "great" objects the saga of its creation is more interesting than the object itself.

2. An attractive design has never been created by a committee.

3. The mind of a repmaker is a mysterious thing.

For me, it was a powerful reminder of three great universal truths:

1. Like many "great" objects the saga of its creation is more interesting than the object itself.

2. An attractive design has never been created by a committee.

3. The mind of a repmaker is a mysterious thing.

:rolleyes:

I must agree with the above points :)

I would also like to add that the lower case of the letter omega was selected as the logo for the RWG watch

30604-40556.png

the ω looks similar to two full [censored] or a nice bottom so it fits the RWG style perfectly..and its appropriate for an Homage to OMEGA :)

The RWG C1 watch is special. No other make is using the ω

Regards

Gunnar ;)

post-1519-1145719033_thumb.jpg

I participated in the planning and was one of the fortunate few to actually receive one. The Collaboration I is actually a very attractive and reliable watch. It has earned a consistent spot in my rotation of favorites -- alongside my 192, Overseas, PO, and IWC (to give you an idea of some of its competitors for time on my wrist).

Would I prefer that it have an Omega logo instead of the RWG Collaboration I logo? For a while when it became apparent that other purchasers were being stiffed and the other board was melting down, the answer was yes. But now that the new board is seeking to maintain the positive qualities and legacy of the old board, and to provide some compensation to those who were jilted, I am once again able to simply enjoy this timepiece for what it is -- a good, cleanly designed watch.

I completely agree. I was one of the lucky ones to actually receive one and it is one of my favs. It sucks how the whole thing went down and while I know it will probably never happen I for one would participate in a C2 project if for anything to have a collaboration that actually comes out positive in the end.

Just my .02. B)

Kudos to the 'new' collaboration..

as for all else?

If you get to it, and, you can't do it?

well, there you jolly well are,

aren't you?

better luck

in this endeavour

for why not go the mile far enough

we are not now and have never been

'the old place'

: )