When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

15 yr old girl wearing a gift Hublot Big Bang Aspen

TeeJay

I've ordered a rep of the BB Aspen for my sister in law's 15th birthday later in the year. She's a bit of an Ashley Simpson-wannabe, and doesn't really associate with anyone who knows the first thing about watches. Would anyone likely say anything? If told it was a gift, would that satisfy people's curiousity? (as these are people who know nothing about watches, let alone the existence of reps of non-Rolex watches...) Just thought I'd solicit a few opinions... Thanks in advance :)

It would make a nice gift. However, one thing to consider is if someone see's her with this kind of watch, knows the value of it, and then manipulate her in some way. It would be horrible for such a watch to attract the kind of unwanted attention. How likely that is I don't know, but maybe something to also consider. Like you said though, she will hang around with people who wouldn't notice, and the BB are very rare, the chances of anyone realising it's worth (if it were a gen) are minimal!

It would make a nice gift. However, one thing to consider is if someone see's her with this kind of watch, knows the value of it, and then manipulate her in some way. It would be horrible for such a watch to attract the kind of unwanted attention. How likely that is I don't know, but maybe something to also consider. Like you said though, she will hang around with people who wouldn't notice, and the BB are very rare, the chances of anyone realising it's worth (if it were a gen) are minimal!

I have to admit, I hadn't really considered that as a possibility, but it's certainly worth bearing in mind... To be honest, I don't think anyone she'd hang around with would think anything about it other than it being 'a white watch', certainly no product knowledge... I was actually planning on buying one for my fiance as a replacement for her beaten up Chanel J12, but Cait saw the watch on the computer, and said it was really nice. I asked her if she'd like one for her birthday, and her reply was a

"YEAH!!!1" :Jumpy: :Jumpy: :Jumpy:, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to treat her. Funny, I was more concerned about someone 'calling the watch out', than thinking of someone using it as a possible manipulation... Thanks for the input :)

I have seen the one Teejay is talking about. It is very different from the ones we have been buying. Anyone who knows what a Big Bang is will know it is a rep so I would not be so concerned about manipulation. You are just buying your sister-in-law a fun watch. If she likes it just buy it. To know you can make someone happy for their birthday for under $100 is always a good thing.

To know you can make someone happy for their birthday for under $100 is always a good thing.

This is a good point...because even $100 is a fair bit of money these days :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The only thing I ever get worried about is being mugged rather than called out. I take my watch off or cover it up when I get off the Tube late at night.

I have to admit, I hadn't really considered that as a possibility, but it's certainly worth bearing in mind... To be honest, I don't think anyone she'd hang around with would think anything about it other than it being 'a white watch', certainly no product knowledge... I was actually planning on buying one for my fiance as a replacement for her beaten up Chanel J12, but Cait saw the watch on the computer, and said it was really nice. I asked her if she'd like one for her birthday, and her reply was a

"YEAH!!!1" :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy: , so I figured it wouldn't hurt to treat her. Funny, I was more concerned about someone 'calling the watch out', than thinking of someone using it as a possible manipulation... Thanks for the input :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a 17 year old neice I have been buying replica bags for for some time. Trust me she is a very trendy and fashionable girl She knows they are reps, and she doesn't care. They are stylish and look good and that is all she cares about

I have seen the one Teejay is talking about. It is very different from the ones we have been buying. Anyone who knows what a Big Bang is will know it is a rep so I would not be so concerned about manipulation. You are just buying your sister-in-law a fun watch. If she likes it just buy it. To know you can make someone happy for their birthday for under $100 is always a good thing.

oops! should have read all the posts... what he said!!

When I was 17, my girlfriend Brooke had a Cartier. Two factors I'd consider if I saw a 15 year old kid wearing one of these.

One, 99% of the population won't even notice she's wearing a watch. Of the 1% who do, 99% of those won't know a Rolex from a Timex.

Two, the believability factor of said watch on a teenage girl completely depends on how "hot" the girl is and how well she keeps herself, quite frankly. If she's an very attractive girl from a comfortable family; if she's got great hair, an expensive smile, French manicure/pedicure, brand label clothing, European car, etc., it's not too incredible or unbelievable. My high school was a performing arts school and there were no shortage of cute ballerinas getting a Lexus, BMW or such for their sweet 16th. If parents can drop 40K on a teenagers car, a 15K watch isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a 17 year old neice I have been buying replica bags for for some time. Trust me she is a very trendy and fashionable girl She knows they are reps, and she doesn't care. They are stylish and look good and that is all she cares about

Thanks for the reassurance :)

When I was 17, my girlfriend Brooke had a Cartier. Two factors I'd consider if I saw a 15 year old kid wearing one of these.

One, 99% of the population won't even notice she's wearing a watch. Of the 1% who do, 99% of those won't know a Rolex from a Timex.

Two, the believability factor of said watch on a teenage girl completely depends on how "hot" the girl is and how well she keeps herself, quite frankly. If she's an very attractive girl from a comfortable family; if she's got great hair, an expensive smile, French manicure/pedicure, brand label clothing, European car, etc., it's not too incredible or unbelievable. My high school was a performing arts school and there were no shortage of cute ballerinas getting a Lexus, BMW or such for their sweet 16th. If parents can drop 40K on a teenagers car, a 15K watch isn't out of the question.

As tempting as it would be to say she's a sweaty, fat skank, the truth is she's very attractive, and will likely look something like Anne Hathaway in a few years :D She doesn't drive, but indeed, the family is 'comfortable'... Not mega rich, but certainly not begging for change either. As above, thanks for the reassurance that the watch would either go un-noticed, or not appear unrealistic :)

I'd never consider such a gift for my 16yo nephew, if she get molested and robbed for a replica, I'd never forgive myself... Get her a G shock and some fancy clothes or a Vuiton rep ;)

I know what you mean there, and would likely follow your advice, but when she saw the watch on the screen, and was hyper-excited about getting one, so it'd be mean not to follow through with that having promised her one...

Thanks for the reassurance :)

As tempting as it would be to say she's a sweaty, fat skank, the truth is she's very attractive, and will likely look something like Anne Hathaway in a few years :D She doesn't drive, but indeed, the family is 'comfortable'... Not mega rich, but certainly not begging for change either. As above, thanks for the reassurance that the watch would either go un-noticed, or not appear unrealistic :)

I know what you mean there, and would likely follow your advice, but when she saw the watch on the screen, and was hyper-excited about getting one, so it'd be mean not to follow through with that having promised her one...

did u say anne hathaway? :o.. and ur only gonna give her a 35 pounds rep :o.. u should get her something with swiss eta in it :p heeheheh

did u say anne hathaway?

I did indeed, I've got a feeling that's how she'll look in a few years... I'm sure Cait wouldn't mind me re-posting one of her 'MySpace-style' pics...

274998-2694.jpg

and ur only gonna give her a 35 pounds rep :o.. u should get her something with swiss eta in it :p heeheheh

If I was to spend too much money on her, my fiance would get jealous :p Besides, joking asside, I've actually had better time-keeping results with Asian movements rather than Swiss ETA. Also, as far as I know, the rep is only available with Asian movement... :D

I did indeed, I've got a feeling that's how she'll look in a few years... I'm sure Cait wouldn't mind me re-posting one of her 'MySpace-style' pics...

276314-2429.jpg

If I was to spend too much money on her, my fiance would get jealous :p Besides, joking asside, I've actually had better time-keeping results with Asian movements rather than Swiss ETA. Also, as far as I know, the rep is only available with Asian movement... :D

my goodness! she deserves more than 35 pounds :p chanel j12 at least!!! hahah joke..

my goodness! she deserves more than 35 pounds :p chanel j12 at least!!! hahah joke..

Hee hee :D If I spend to much on her, my fiance gets jealous :D To be honest, I don't think she was over keen on the Chanel J12, but abolutely loved the Big Bang Aspen when I showed it to her on the computer to see if she thought my fiance would like one, her reaction was enough to promise her one as a birthday present :)

Hee hee :D If I spend to much on her, my fiance gets jealous :D To be honest, I don't think she was over keen on the Chanel J12, but abolutely loved the Big Bang Aspen when I showed it to her on the computer to see if she thought my fiance would like one, her reaction was enough to promise her one as a birthday present :)

lol thats ok then :).. let me know how she likes it :p.. im atm is looking for a watch for my gf anyway.. but until now still dunno wat to get her

lol thats ok then :).. let me know how she likes it :p.. im atm is looking for a watch for my gf anyway.. but until now still dunno wat to get her

No problem, I'll let you know what my fiance thinks when the watch arrives, as she's already got a Chanel J12, so in the best position to compare the two watches... It'll be quite a wait before Cait gets the watch, her birthday's not till september :biggrin:

No problem, I'll let you know what my fiance thinks when the watch arrives, as she's already got a Chanel J12, so in the best position to compare the two watches... It'll be quite a wait before Cait gets the watch, her birthday's not till september :biggrin:

lol wat a coincidence my bday is in september too :p maybe u need to buy me a present too heheheh.. a aquatimer chrono (clevin?) would be ok :p... jokeee....

lol wat a coincidence my bday is in september too :p maybe u need to buy me a present too heheheh.. a aquatimer chrono (clevin?) would be ok :p... jokeee....

I'll see how much spare cash I have at the time :biggrin:

I'm not sure of the details of the ASV Soccer one, so I'm going to stick with my thought of it being a rep of the BB Aspen. This is the original watch...:

280186-859.jpg

The one I've got on order doesn't have the date window between the 4 and 5, the '3' subdial appears functional (with a measurement scale rather than the cross hatch), so it actually looks like a better design than the original (I feel the date window looks like a design 'afterthought', as does the '3' subdial) In the negative points, the bezel screws are standard straight screws, and the case does not appear to be as fine ceramic as the gen (likely only painted) It's hard to be 100% sure until it arrives, but the dealers photos show a watch that looks very nice for it's cost :)

I've been thinking about this watch since I saw this post. I think I know the watch you are talking about:

post-6973-1184203180_thumb.jpg

My thoughts exactly.