When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is Panerai a "gay" watch?

t

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably by what you say you mean 'gay' or you said it in a polite way...

Well I really doubt that Panerai is even remotely close to gay... The base dial and the big case with the cg makes this watch a TOOL and not a fancy accessory...

:D:D:D

sorry i mean GAYYYYYYYYYYY

:D:D

I've read a lot of crazy threads on this forum, but this really is the ultimate. Could you guys possibly let the rest of us know what you are talking about? :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

sorry i mean GAYYYYYYYYYYY

:D:D

I've read a lot of crazy threads on this forum, but this really is the ultimate. Could you guys possibly let the rest of us know what you are talking about? :rolleyes:

Interesting theory.

Of course, if you subscribe to the notion that gays have a greater fashion sense than the normal person (i.e. Queer Eye for The Straight Guy), then the purest "straight" watch you could wear is a Timex (shades of the US Cowboy in Chief).

But that might also call into question the leanings of such notable gays as James Bond (why is he always so happy to see his friend Felix Leiter?), Paul Newman (Butch & Sundance), Steve McQueen, Pablo Montoya, Ayrton Senna, Tiger Woods, and on and on.

Now let's see who all runs to the Trading Forum to unload all of their reps. :rolleyes:

Please.. you know it's bullcrap. ..why do you even bother asking?

This is how rumours are spread.. You're not helping.

God forbid that the Panerai name should be associated with 'gayness' in the negative sense it's meant here.

Interesting theory.

Of course, if you subscribe to the notion that gays have a greater fashion sense than the normal person (i.e. Queer Eye for The Straight Guy), then the purest "straight" watch you could wear is a Timex (shades of the US Cowboy in Chief).

But that might also call into question the leanings of such notable gays as James Bond (why is he always so happy to see his friend Felix Leiter?), Paul Newman (Butch & Sundance), Steve McQueen, Pablo Montoya, Ayrton Senna, Tiger Woods, and on and on.

Now let's see who all runs to the Trading Forum to unload all of their reps. :rolleyes:

Pablo Montoya, Tiger Woods are gays????

:mellow:

Pablo Montoya, Tiger Woods are gays????

:mellow:

Think i know where this may be coming from(sort of).Recently GQ or Arena magazine did an article on "cool" watches,Panerai (calafornia dial) was said to be the coolest watch on the planet.So it kinda follows that most gay men are very trendy and are being seen this summer with this watch.

Having just returned from Ibiza,i have seen more Panerai being worn in one week than i've seen in a lifetime

The only openly gay actor I know of who's watches I recognize, is John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood), and he wears Rolexes, both in his everyday personal life, and on-screen as Captain Jack. personally, I couldn't care less if he's gay or straight, he's a good actor, and always appears to be a really nice guy, who takes his work seriously, but also shows a great sense of humor. Does this make Rolexes 'gay watches' as well? :whistling:

Gays often adopt certain fashion styles to identify themselves to others - like a calling card. If gays are adopting Panerai, don't be surprised if you guys start gettting hit on by sexy mens!

OH MY GOD. Gangway for Kenberg closing this thread soon. Da Gay Topic is back!

P.S.: Okay, in all seriousness, here's my take on it as I await the fireworks display. Being a gay male does not equal effeminacy, though that's how it often manifests itself in the minds of straight men. This makes these men uncomfortable because they equate effeminacy with weakness, which is the opposite of what makes a man a man in ALL cultures.

Remember that Cristiano Ronaldo pic I posted? The guy is straight (in fact, accused of having raped a girl), but he's also a stylish modern man, known colloquially today as a "metrosexual". And so what? He likes looking good, and we women are gaga over men who like looking good, so all you slobs out there take note -- that's why you don't get dates, or you get dates from female slobs.

In fact, I bet you anything most of the Panerai-owning males here are mostly heterosexual, but they like the Panerai for a combination of intricacy, insider knowledge, and testosterone-inducing stylishness. Good for them!

...although the strap thing IS a bit gayer. *ggg*

Victoria

have u seen the way he cries on the football field? thats the gayest thing ive ever seen.. and the funny thing is.. when he gets touch by a guy he always falls down backside up.. i wonder wat he's thinking

I can appreciate a guy who's good looking and masculine. Beckham might be a "metrosexual" but at least he has some charisma. But this guy looks just... so friggin' gay. :lol: You have to be gay to make an ad like that... posing those teen boy muscles and all that... come on! Nothing wrong of being gay though... maybe it's not even the right word. This guy is feminine...and a poser.

276066-2490.jpg

276066-2491.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

have u seen the way he cries on the football field? thats the gayest thing ive ever seen.. and the funny thing is.. when he gets touch by a guy he always falls down backside up.. i wonder wat he's thinking

Getting back to Panerais. :)

As everyone knows, Sly Stallone loves and single-handedly revived the Panerai watch. He's a hyphenated Italian, and I'm fairly sure he's straight. The point is, both these men are Latin males, and Latin males (with all due respect to my fellow Brits, and Germans) tend to have less hang-ups with looking stylish.

It's great that men are finally getting into what we women have always known gives us hours and hours of pleasure: buying stuff which we like.

Ooh, fireworks display starting, ciao guys!

I can appreciate a guy who's good looking and masculine. No problem with that. But this guy looks just... so friggin' gay. :lol: You have to be gay to make an ad like that... posing those teen boy muscles and all that... come on!

Most Americans don't know what I'm talking about, but other Europeans will remember: remember the Prell or L'Oreal shampoo advert on television, some years ago? It featured David Ginola shaking his hair around, showing off how great it looked after he washed it. In Italy, the version they got was Paolo Maldini.

Both the French and the Italians have no problems with this, although in Britain we still laugh when remembering Ginola's ad.

Anyway! Oh, I once saw David Ginola, and he was wearing a Tag Heuer.

Most Americans don't know what I'm talking about, but other Europeans will remember: remember the Prell or L'Oreal shampoo advert on television, some years ago? It featured David Ginola shaking his hair around, showing off how great it looked after he washed it. In Italy, the version they got was Paolo Maldini.

Both the French and the Italians have no problems with this, although in Britain we still laugh when remembering Ginola's ad.

Anyway! Oh, I once saw David Ginola, and he was wearing a Tag Heuer.

I remember David Ginola. And Maldini is a grown up man, he could easily do an ad like that without looking ridiculous. I don't have a problem with gays. Not at all... I've worked as a bouncer in a nightclub and we had lots of gay customers... some of them even became friends. Most of them were always super cool, and really professional people in every possible way. Gay people are very much respected among the bouncers in my town... they rarely cause any trouble and always behave really well.

It's just the guys who are feminine and act like posers that annoy me... gay or not. "Gay" is just the general term for people like that. Just wanted to clear this up. Maybe it's just Christiano Ronaldo's antics on the field that annoy the hell out of me... his ridiculous stunts and acting makes Filippo Inzaghi look like a nickel and dime amateur. :)

PS: I'm not from the US. They don't play real football over there. Ah well, they do... but they call it "soccer" or something like that. :lol:

Edited by By-Tor

PS: I'm not from the US. They don't play real football over there. Ah well, they do... but they call it "soccer" or something like that. :lol:

Don't mind me, I'm on an one-person crusade to enlighten the world about this, but "soccer" is a British term. We invented it, we popularised it, and it's not an American word. It is in fact used by all English-speaking people for football, save in the British Isles themselves.

By the way, I would never wear that tacky watch worn by Rafa Benitez and Jos