When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you wear your rep diving?

Focker

Reps and Diving  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your rep diving?

• Yes - never had a problem
    • Yes and it leaked
    • No
    • I'm not a diver

Thanks Ken. I didn't realize you could have a watch waterproofed. My submariner has the o-ring on the crown (stem) and I thought that perhaps it was designed to be waterproof like the gen. I will definitely look into this though. Any recommendations on who offers this service?

I've waterproofed a couple of Rx for guys at work.. Both initially would have leaked at 3atm, but new crown seals fixed this. ( I replaced rears as well} and tested to 6atm.

One guy has been to 120' ( about 4atm), so the testing certainly works!

In my younger days I did a fair bit of diving- some ridiculously deep- ( on air) and had instances of genuine good quality divers watches, which had only recently been serviced- either flood or fog.

I put this down to the extreme depths ( 250'+) and pressure extra created by movement or possibly bumping and flexing the case.

I've probably tested 100+ watches now- some with a vacuum style tester, but most with my Mido ( Bergeon style)

Interestingly- I have yet to see a leak from anywhere but the crown seal area- both crystal and casebacks have been 100% ( although on inspection I have seen a few case back gaskets chewed ot twisted)

If your gunna do any more than walk past the shower.... get it tested!

offshore

I don't think Ruud Van Nistelrooy or Cristiano Ronaldo have had any leaks on theirs. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :lol:

So who wears any watch diving these days? It's probably been over ten years since I've worn a watch diving - every place I go now has dive computers.

If you want to wear any watch diving, make sure it's tested first. It's not that difficult to produce a watch that will withstand normal diving depths, but if it's not tested you'll never know if your watch is good or if someone forgot to install the O-rings or something. The only leakers I own are two authentic watches, including a dive watch. No surprise really as they're about 10 years old and have never had the seals replaced. Sorta neat to see all those bubbles escaping when they're in the pressure tester.

You're assuming I can swim...

Anything on me goes beneath 10 feet, and I could give a damn about my watch!

Esmarc :pimp:

Geeze esmarc,

A spy told me that even when you were on the surface, a large part of you was @ 10 ft :D

take that as you will!

offshore

Why someone wants to do professional diving with a replica? In those moments you don't trust your life just to a rep. As lagae says there are diving computers to do the job...

But for swallow diving with a plastic mask there is no problem for the reps

39309-38452.jpg

That Seiko is sweet! Love those fatty hands. cheers

...and no...no diving, showering or phucking with the reps...no prob with the gens...i get 'em wet all the time.

Edited by tech

I always swim and shower with my TWG 5513. Diving...only off the low board. But, when I got my watch, the first thing I did was use silicone grease on all the orings and made sure everything was tight. Then, with baited breath, I put it in the sink. If bubbles appear, no water for that one.

39552-38382.jpg

and

39552-38383.jpg

Edited by miquel