When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time gets a New Home

trustywatchguy

LOL! Must've been composing my post as you posted this, Andrew. Mods, if you like please delete my thread.

UPDATE: Thanks for taking care of the dupe thread! But I'm still curious what watches our collectors wear, themselves! Imagine having all those watches at one's disposal. :busted_cop:

UPDATE

Please note that you can still purchase direct at:

www.ttwristwatch.com

I am working with the webhost on some issues on the new server at trustytime88.com. Everything will be OK.

Please carry on to make your purchases directly at www.ttwristwatch.com

Thanks!

Enquiries, please email me at trustytime@gmail.com

ANDREW

:nono: If this forum is going to continue to allow dealers to directly advertise in this manner, which I am utterly opposed to, I want my $50 back... I donated that money to pay hosting fees for this community, not so dealers can continue to shoot fish in a barrel :nono:

Oh, for crying out loud TeeJay. If Andrew has completely changed his domain name, people are going to want to know. Saves at least two hundred "trusty has disappeared!" posts.

Relax....

Oh, for crying out loud TeeJay. If Andrew has completely changed his domain name, people are going to want to know. Saves at least two hundred "trusty has disappeared!" posts.

Relax....

I couldn't care less if people want to know or not, there are other ways for people to find out the domain name, than to let a dealer post such a blatant advertisement in the middle of a 'general discussion' area. This forum is supposed to exist to protect buyers from dealers who lie about their services and products, not continue to allow them to advertise. As I said, I made a donation - after Admin had said that donations were no longer required- to assist with server fees, not to allow the Cartel Dealers to keep advertizing their sites. What did I actually get for my donation? I haven't been upgraded to VIP status, despite the transaction taking place outside of the 'window of requirement', and it was something Admin and I discussed privately. Had I realized that dealers would still be allowed to post such blatant advertisements under general discussion, I would never have made the donation. Given my donation was a ) surpluss to requirement, and b ) will be used in a way I consider unethical, I feel well within my rights to ask for it back.

I couldn't care less if people want to know or not, there are other ways for people to find out the domain name, than to let a dealer post such a blatant advertisement in the middle of a 'general discussion' area. This forum is supposed to exist to protect buyers from dealers who lie about their services and products, not continue to allow them to advertise. As I said, I made a donation - after Admin had said that donations were no longer required- to assist with server fees, not to allow the Cartel Dealers to keep advertizing their sites. What did I actually get for my donation? I haven't been upgraded to VIP status, despite the transaction taking place outside of the 'window of requirement', and it was something Admin and I discussed privately. Had I realized that dealers would still be allowed to post such blatant advertisements under general discussion, I would never have made the donation. Given my donation was a ) surpluss to requirement, and b ) will be used in a way I consider unethical, I feel well within my rights to ask for it back.

I can't and wouldn't tell you what to feel about this issue, TeeJay. But just to say that the moneys you donated mean SO MUCH more than just this one issue, to the welfare of this place.

I know from having spoken to you, that you have a shall we say, distaste for the collector cartel, but so long as Andrew isn't actually posting his wares on this thread, IMHO, it was a legitimate and important update for his clients.

I certainly would've been lost, if I hadn't been in his mailing list already.

Now, absolutely you would be correct if he said, "Roll up roll up, here's my new Aquaracer". ;)

Admin, would you be so kind, when you can spare a moment, to upgrade TeeJay? I have already paid an extra little bit on behalf of his lovely guinea pig, Patches, if you recall. Fair's fair. :)

I can't and wouldn't tell you what to feel about this issue, TeeJay. But just to say that the moneys you donated mean SO MUCH more than just this one issue, to the welfare of this place.

I know from having spoken to you, that you have a shall we say, distaste for the collector cartel, but so long as Andrew isn't actually posting his wares on this thread, IMHO, it was a legitimate and important update for his clients.

I certainly would've been lost, if I hadn't been in his mailing list already.

Now, absolutely you would be correct if he said, "Roll up roll up, here's my new Aquaracer". ;)

Sure, he might not be selling his wares in this specific thread, but, let's be honest here, his only postings over the last few months have been precicely that. Advertising stock.

I can see your view that it is a legitimate and important update, but I have to disagree, because he can simply email the new URL to anyone who's bought from him, mailing list or not... Time consuming it may be, but then again, that's one of the hardships of advertising any business... Also, there's nothing to stop people asking for the URL privately, which is a point I brought up on another forum, that I don't feel there's ever a need to discuss any dealer's name or URL on open forum. All one needs to do, is discuss their watch as is. If someone likes it, they can PM the owner for the name of the dealer. I frequently get PMs (had one yesterday infact) asking for the source of my SMPs, and that is ultimately the reason for my irritation. The forum should exist solely to educate people as to what is available. Not provide 'market space' for people who pay towards the hosting fees... It wasn't so long back, that people became 'collectors', rather than 'dealers' because there were concerns about the Powers That Be taking an unwelcome attention to this illegal hobby we all share, and it was necessary to try and make things a bit more subtle. Posting a thread in open forum with a direct link to a site is anything but subtle, and shows either incredible arrogance, or a seriously short memory.

Teejay - if you have a beef, just start a new thread on it.

Why spam up the forum with additional threads on a subject which has been totally discussed? My comment was relevent to this particular thread, in that I did not make a donation so Andrew and his ilk could continue to make posts like this one, and had I known that dealers would be allowed to do so, despite the unwanted attention from the Powers That Be, I would not have made the donation, which, as I said before, was made after the cut off point, and when I could have just said "They don't need the money now, I won't donate afterall." But I'm not that guy. I stick to my word, and when I say I will do something, I do my utmost to make sure I do it. During previous discussions on VIP subscriptions, this was one of my main reasons for why I did not want to make that payment. Then there was a huge panic about donations being needed, so I contributed. I am just really annoyed that my prime reason for not wanting to make the payment originally, has been proved to be totally justified.

This is Andrew's thread. Just start your own "I'm TeeJay and I'm annoyed" thread. It's easy.

You should PM Admin about your VIP status, I'm sure he's just been busy with the forum upgrade.

I discussed my donation with Admin when I made it. He knows I made it. My beef is not that I haven't been upgraded, I really could not care less about that. My beef, is that I did not want to donate money initially because I did not want to be providing the Cartel with a 'market place', I eventually do make a donation -after it was no longer necessary, because I'm generous like that- because there were concerns about the hosting fees, and what happens? A Cartel dealer posts an unnecesary direct link in the middle of open forum. Talk about an 'I told you so' moment... As I said to V, if Andrew wants his clients to have his new domain name, all he need to is email it to his clients. Simple as that. Posting it on open forum, despite the full knowledge that these forums are scrutinized by the Powers That Be, shows either incredible arrogance, or a seriously short memory. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it there. It's too nice a day to be stressing about trivial crap like this :)

Trusty is a paying "collector", so I'll check our rules and see if he's breaking any rules by posting this. I don't have any real problem with it, but I'll refer to the rules and see what they say......

Thanks for checking. Given that he also posted the same information in the collector's section, posting it under general discussion was something of an unnecessary redundancy...

Thanks for checking. Given that he also posted the same information in the collector's section, posting it under general discussion was something of an unnecessary redundancy...

True, but no need to start fighting with everyone about it. If you don't like a topic or post report it to the moderation team and we will look at it, it's the best way to get us to look at something because it contacts everyone on the team and makes us aware there is a problem. So, use the tools at your disposal and there's no need to fight with members who can't do anything about the post anyway, let the moderation team work for you. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After reviewing the forum rules, I don't see anything really wrong with the post, it's close to cross posting, but like was mentioned it's better than a bunch of threads I have to merge about TWG's site missing. I'll bring this up to the other team members and see what they think as well.

True, but no need to start fighting with everyone about it. If you don't like a topic or post report it to the moderation team and we will look at it, it's the best way to get us to look at something because it contacts everyone on the team and makes us aware there is a problem. So, use the tools at your disposal and there's no need to fight with members who can't do anything about the post anyway, let the moderation team work for you. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After reviewing the forum rules, I don't see anything really wrong with the post, it's close to cross posting, but like was mentioned it's better than a bunch of threads I have to merge about TWG's site missing. I'll bring this up to the other team members and see what they think as well.

Close to?? It is cross posting. Here is the same thread in another section of the forum.

I did not start fighting with anyone. I made a comment, complaining about how my donation is being used, and others felt the need to attack that comment. As any tax payer, I am entitled to voice an opinion about how my 'taxes' are being spent. If Andrew and Joshua (Hi Josh, having fun lurking in the shadows and not posting? :thumbsupsmileyanim: ) are paying, then let them pay the hosting fees, and stop allowing members to be heckled into donating money they do not want to donate, as is precicely what happened this time. I never wanted to donate money to become a VIP member for this very reason. I donated money when the forum needed it, but my fears have been proven valid, in the Cartel are being allowed to call the shots. As I said in my first post in this thread, I want my $50 back.

Stephane, I know your intentions are only good, but will you PLEASE STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO DONATE!!! It is not only irritating, but extremely distasteful (as has been pointed out to you before, about this very issue).

TeeJay, I know your intentions are only good, but will you PLEASE LET PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICE!!! It is not only irritating, but extremely distasteful (as has been pointed out to you before, about this very issue).

:whistling:

Cheers

Stephane

As I said in my first post in this thread, I want my $50 back.

Send a PM to the Admin, I'm sure he can help you out to get your money back. I'm sure we didn't force you to donate, but we do appreciate the help keeping the forum going. I think I need more than $0 to work here, I donate my time and money to keep the forum going..... :black_eye:

The inital post has been deleted, as cross-posting is not allowed here.

TJ, if you want your money back or you want me to upgrade your membership, please contact me. You know where. All members who wanted their donations to be concidered as purchase of a VIP membership was asked specifically to contact me about this ;)

TeeJay, I know your intentions are only good, but will you PLEASE LET PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICE!!! It is not only irritating, but extremely distasteful (as has been pointed out to you before, about this very issue).

:whistling:

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane, I am prepared to read your comment as sarcasm, but to be honest, it is in seriously poor taste. You are the worst culprit for trying to get people to pay to upgrade to VIP membership, and even when I pointed out the reasons why I did not want to contribute (which had nothing whatsoever to do with not wanting to contribute to THE COMMUNITY of the forum, you (and others) refused to listen. Well, against my better judgement (read I did it to SHUT YOU UP) in the hopes that the contribution would prevent the forum going down, and, not more than a month after that, Cartel Dealers are blatantly advertizing their products in open forum. As I said before, if this forum is set up to EDUCATE people about the rep world, there is no need for ANY dealer to be mentioned by name on open forum, and, to prevent a conflict of interests (which is clearly the case here) contributions of hosting fees should not be accepted from dealers, regardless of who they are. If people really feel that they MUST have some kind of presence on the forum (which I cannot see the actual reason for, as anyone can find any dealer if they ask the right people) then fine, have a dealer review section, but if it is a matter of hosting fees, allowing the dealers to contribute to that is just giving them unnecessary leverage over forum policy.

Send a PM to the Admin, I'm sure he can help you out to get your money back. I'm sure we didn't force you to donate, but we do appreciate the help keeping the forum going. I think I need more than $0 to work here, I donate my time and money to keep the forum going..... :black_eye:

Indeed, the admin staff did not make me donate, that moral weight was placed on me squarely by Stephane. As a moderator of another forum, I totally appreciate that it is a thankless and unpaid task. My objection is not so much paying hosting fees to keep the forum running for the community, but an objection that it continues to provide the Cartel with an easy client base. Has Edge's thread been forgotten so soon?

The inital post has been deleted, as cross-posting is not allowed here.

TJ, if you want your money back or you want me to upgrade your membership, please contact me. You know where. All members who wanted their donations to be concidered as purchase of a VIP membership was asked specifically to contact me about this ;)

PM Sent :)