When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

XX close the thread XX

flavor flav

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they all fear that their posts get deleted again :lol:

FYI: no posts have been deleted;

All irrelevant post are being set invisible...

If a need should ever arise (wich I highly doubts, since these posts were irrelevant to the subject), they can always be made visible again.

Hello Everyone,

Well one of the main reasons .. (there were others), that i held back posting the pics was the fact that I did not want to invove or drag anyone into this cespool ... mainly Ziggy .. not once did he ask me "who" was the modder, and the pics were taken so that I could see for "my" own eye's, Ziggy has 'PROVEN' to me (not that he had to).... that honesty is like being pregant either you are or you aren't...I believe Ziggy to be an honest and honourable Man.

I was going to take whatever heat you all had to dish out .. because "I" know the truth .. and sometimes that's all you got in life ... I would like to look myself in the mirror in the morning and not want to "hide" within myself with secrets and lies..if a man does not have honour ... he has nothing.

A lot of you saw the "last" message to Flav not the ones before that.... you saw the end result.

And to Flav... we all make mistakes in life,.. bad choices ... i have made many,.. we all get knocked down and at times knocked out ... it's how you pick yurself up and bounce back ... if I can stay coachable and learn from my mistakes then I've won..

Flavs friends will be more important now than ever ,... not to bad mouth Ziggy or justify anything done on the board.. but by supporting him and being there for him no matter what... that is friendship .... that is loyalty ...if i can tell someone .. I know you messed up but I am there for you unconditionaly .. that my friends is true loyalty... hard to find now day's. ... only find that in my dog actually ..

Slay ... if you weren't so funny i think I would be upset about your COMMON sense remark ....LOL .... ok, fair is fair ... I would like you to pilot and dock a Ferrari Riva race boat .. surface cavitation srews, planes for manuvering turns,.. twin screws for manuvering at low RPM's .. you need to use the planes ..ok, at high RPM's or you'll flip ..... should be all COMMON SENSE .. RIGHT? .. oh yeah and docking .. you can't use a rudder because there is none, just common sense will tell you how to turn the boat ...remember it's a 600.000 usd boat so common sense tells you don't scratch the paint ... lol .... you can't alway's grab at staws my brother...

I really hope and pray that some lessons in life were learned here .. NOT RIGHT OR WRONG ... or all this will have been for nothing .. up to you all to figure that one out ....

Jealousy is an ugly creature ... unless you are a biitch ... and when someone is that good and honest .. in modding their is bound to be major jealousy ..... Ziggy never talked up his work. .... so if anyone of you are taking pot shots .. well you must be jealous ...LOL

in closing if any of you still want to judge me.... have a field day ... and then you can KISS MY FARGEN [censored] LOL

@ Lanikai, Ziggy and Flav

I sincerely think this thread and concern is yours.

@ Anybody else who flamed one of the above mentioned person

You were not right to do so

@ Anyone who commented nicely

That's why this place is here and is so great

@ Lanikai:

"Jealousy is an ugly creature"

Sorry to say, you are wrong: it's the worst one.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: yes, Lanikai, you are right. We all make mistakes from time to time.

Let's all bear that in mind.

There were many calls for the closing of this Thread...

I hope everyone can see now why it was left open...

One of the main foundations of this Forum is to educate...

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

I have nothing against FF or Ziggy...

I have never sent either a Watch for Mods...

I also never saw the pictures prior to Ziggy posting them here...

What I was confident in though - was the fact that more information needed to come out on this issue for the general good of the Forum...

We all now walk away a little wiser...

my2centseventhoughyoudidntaskforit

TT

What a nasty case this has become. Attempts to make Ziggy and Lanikai's names bad are proven completely wrong now Ziggy posted the whole story. I am really sorry that this was necessary... and i think Flav asked for this.

I hope all members have leant be open their eyes... shocking...

There were many calls for the closing of this Thread...

I hope everyone can see now why it was left open...

You and others were right. I was wrong. I apologise.

Let me just say the thread wasn't worth keeping open 'til the bitter end for the photos -- but for Ryyannon's "Panem et circenses" quip. :p

You and others were right. I was wrong. I apologise.

Let me just say the thread wasn't worth keeping open 'til the bitter end for the photos -- but for Ryyannon's "Panem et circenses" quip. :p

Victoria .. your intentions were honourable and classy don't ever think that you contributed anything but positive to this thread and that a lot of people quoting "contributed crap".... B):D

easy The Zigmeister, you have your empire all to yourself now, there is nobody left for you to worry about, they all left. happy now?

Oh! An "empire." Hey, Zig, did you know that you've been dubbed "EMPEROR?!?" No $hit. That's the coolest thing ever. Hey, how's the view from the tallest tower in the tallest castle in all of REPworld? Do the cars look like little toys? And the people are like little ants? Can you peer through your fingers at people and squeeze their heads? (*pinch, pinch*)

easy ziggy, you have your empire all to yourself now, there is nobody left for you to worry about, they all left. happy now?

I think I have to ask you this, because it has been interesting to watch your replies in these "moderating-threads";

Are we not looking at the same pictures here? Are you telling me there is NOTHING wrong with the particular job that has been done here? Also, would you pay $85 for a datewheel replacement, knowing it's a 1 mintue job?

Is it not good that you have somebody that can document cases like this? Is it not for the good of the members when other members, no matter who it is, warn other members about modders who do a "sloppy" job or have a history of keeping watches for a very long time, as the case was with Joe? Even if these are just one time incidents! Isn't that how a forum should work?

Idealy, it would be the job of the admin or moderators of these forums to "out" these things, but I know I don't have the knowledge to do this. I guess there is no other way of doing this, becase people only send their watches to the modders, so they are the ones that have the ability and possibility to take pictures and document cases like this. I know you are a moderator/co-admin/admin at another forum. Is it not you duty, as a team-member of a forum, to warn your members about potential problems? Should you not present both sides of a story to you members? I hope, for the sake of the members of the forum that you are a part of, that your answer here is yes.

We have all seen many of the good jobs these modders have done also, but when something "bad" comes around, the members should be allowed to see these things also, to be able to make up their own mind. They should be able to see both sides. Same thing with Joe; no doubt he has done some fine mods, but there is no denying the fact that several members have waited way to long for their watches. The members should know about this, so that they can make en aducated decission when they send their watches to Joe. That way they know there might be chance that it may take a while before they get their watches back. The same applies here. If people read around, they will see that FF also have done some great mods, but there is also a chance that he can screw up. Same thing with Ziggy. If a member got a bad watch from Ziggy, I would expect them to post about it here, so that people would know that he also can mess up. We are all human and can do mistakes, but I suggest that if somebody is going down that "modifying-road" you are 100% honest about these things and tell people that you have not been modifying watches for a long time, this is a hobby and you put a fair price tag on your services.

Could Ziggys acts be concidered the acts of a man with integrety? Or is he just doing this out of personal gain? If you really knew how long (as we now know) it takes to change a datewheel, would you like to see people paying what some might say is an unfair price? As an unknowing member, I would like people to speak up and tell me; it's not worth it. It will take about 1 minute to do the job.

Personally, I think every $ you spend on modifications is a waste of money, but that's just my opinion. And just for the record; In the 6 years I've been an admin on these forums, I have never sent one of my watches in for repairs or modifications. Simply becays none of my watches have been broken and they are all replicas. No matter how much you modify areplica, it will always remain a replica ;)

easy The Zigmeister, you have your empire all to yourself now, there is nobody left for you to worry about, they all left. happy now?

C'mon hk, that was out of line. The point of these sites are to prevent people from being taken. It would have been irresponsible for The Zigmeister not to come forward with these images.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Although I have been publicly and privately warned to refrain from further comment... I feel the consequences of me speaking are trivial at this point.

First, I would like to publicly apologize to Mr. Lanikai. Although I feel your tactics and the wording of your original message to F.F was rather harsh, I can understand your frustrations. I too have found that my frustrations have caused me to say things here that I regret.

In retrospect, I see that what I did was to add further flame to a fire that was already being controlled by others.

To TwoTone I am also sorry. I have been admin of a couple forums in my day and have had to deal with the politics and pigheadedness myself. I hope that the offer still stands for a drink next month!

I received some PM's from members thinking that I was a personal friend of F.F's, or that my support was not genuine... And that I will say is absolutely incorrect. I have never met the man, never spoken to him in any means but via PM here, and have had only one business relationship with him. BUT, the one transaction was flawless and I received a watch that was vastly better than I had expected.

My statement (in PM) to Lanikai about a deal involving Z.Z was not meant to disparage his name in any way. AND it was not a deal directly with him. I purchased a watch that had been modded by him, and it wasnt until AFTER I was displeased with the watch that I found out he had done the work. BUT, I may very well have been overly critical since I had just spent $1200 on a replica! I have also been the recipient of some very good information from Mr. Z, and I have learned more from his writings here than in ANY of the other rep. or gen forums that I belong to.

I am sorry to anyone who was offended either directly or indirectly by my comments. My intention was simple yet my methods were flawwed. And ultimately, I am afraid that what I did was cause someone whom I respect greatly (STILL) (F.F) to have even a more difficult time than he would have without my support. And to you F.F I hope that you never "hang up your tools". EVEN IF this work was not the best, you have built MANY MANY great watches and I cannot wait to own an original F.F. design!

and so it is said.. and so it is done... yes there was a lot of testostorone flying all over the place .. mutual respect is important ...

any time emotions are involved "charged" words become second nature .... i would expect even the United Nations have their moments... this is not a perfect world. We are very eclectic ... and come from different cultures and beliefs... maybe we can learn .....

what Ziggy did this morning showed a lot of integrity and intestinal fortitude ... as what you have just done Mr. C. ...I never like to involve others in my so called "battles",.. so i will just say that it takes REAL MEN to step up to the plate ... and also to take respnsibility for their actions... again, not about right or wrong just about answering the Bell..

FF may have had a bad day ... but one day does not make a year....

so I will leave with this.... "O KA MALUHIA O KA I" ... i LEAVE YOU MY PEACE (i cannot give you anybody else's peace) just mine... the peace of I....

so I will leave with this.... "O KA MALUHIA O KA I" ... i LEAVE YOU MY PEACE (i cannot give you anybody else's peace) just mine... the peace of I....

If only we could close the thread on such a wonderful note...but I am through with asking for this, having learnt my lesson not to rush things.

Just to note that it's now been about the same elapsed time it took for FF to post his original distressing post, to the time you replied to it. No reaction so far from our ex-modder, though surely no one is blaming him -- those photos were gut-wrenching as a spectator, let alone as the perpetrator. It can't be easy to reply.

But it does go to show that your stepping up when you did, was all the more laudable for that, Lanikai.

Finally, unless matters change tomorrow, this is my farewell to the thread.

Lots of good lessons learnt here, by all, I shouldn't wonder.