When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is My Sub Extremely Wokky

BlingIsMyGame

I bought a VIPmariner on another site, same thing as the noob. The wok bothered the [censored] out of me. I went out and ponied up for a MBW. Not that is one amazingly good looking watch. It's not perfect but the quality and rehaut depth make a big difference. If you can afford one, get it. You won't be disappointed.

andrew's $188, paul's so called perfect, eddie lee's are ETA noobmariner (all 2836-2)

josh's $108 beginmariner, ttk's noobmariner, river's $119 are asian noobmariner (all with diff asian movts tough)

andrew's other subs, josh's other subs, paul's other subs, king's, ruby's, silix's, angus' are all wokky.

-bk

If i wanted a Noob there is only one port of call, TTK, many others may call there cheep good sub noobs or what ever but to be sure it was the same as the original noob as reviewed by Bytor then i would go to where they first came from.

• 4 weeks later...

Wokky "Ultimate" Submariner from Andrew he discounted for me because of all the problems I had with his watches. (he told me it was the best) LOL:

P1010012-1.jpg

Since I was embarrassed to wear it because of the terrible rehaut, I installed a Tudor dial:

S6300312.jpg

Turned out the Tudor dial was too small. Then I ruined the movement trying to fix it. After a new movement and the original dial, I am happy to have it back for a beater. At least it wasn't a total loss:

S6300536.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my Beginmariner from Josh, and it is wokky as well.

Upon closer inspection, the case serial on the picture on Josh's site shows # F520117 which is the same case number as the famed TTK Noobmariner which is why I wanted his Beginmariner which has the proper rehaut.

The case number I have on the one that was delivered is # F432118, and the case reference number is 16710T which is the case for the GMT Master II, and NOT the Sub's 16610T. I think this might account for the rehaut being off.

Other QC issues are that the crystal is installed crooked so the etched crown at '6 is closer to 6:05.

I'm awaiting an answer from Josh on this...hopefully he comes through.