When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Read this! We need your help. NOW!

Admin

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is amazing that we only see VIP members supporting. There are many regualrs here who have received many benefits from the board and have never upgraded. It would be nice to see a few just kick in a little once.

No problems, Admin. I'd like to upgrade my boyfriend's account, if I can, on his behalf though he has one whole post to his name (you can see who is going to be the listener in our family).

You have a boyfriend? :(

Many dreams have been shattered. :bangin: We would never get along anyway considering you like the silent type.......

I just donated 3or 4 weeks ago. Did that not get to where it was supposed to? I thought it was sent via a secure link?

@ ryannon

Maybe our non VIP members just don't comprehend the extra value they gain from going VIP?

There is a 1 month option available at not great cost, would be good to see a few have a look around "inside", then they will understand the true value of this place!

Offshore

offshore, i have received the auto reply. I wanted to do an upgrade but not reoccurring. should i do it through the my controls instead then, and select that option. when i entered my address in that link, it shows a membership for reoccurring. thanks in advance for the reply.

offshore, i have received the auto reply. I wanted to do an upgrade but not reoccurring. should i do it through the my controls instead then, and select that option. when i entered my address in that link, it shows a membership for reoccurring. thanks in advance for the reply.
Woody I'm not all that sure about this (I still blame the drugs) , therefore I suggest you hold off and ask Admin directly.

Ken

Send me the link and I will upgrade.
Link in the first post.

Ken

so at the risk of being inelegant, how do we 'motivate' the tons of hangers-on who've been profiting from the forum without ever contributing a penny to keeping it up?

Maybe I'm too impatient, but really, I've seen this happen too many times...same old, same old - except that I'm just about ready to start getting really obnoxious about it.

Well right on ryyannon!!!

God bless inelegant! Motive 'em by straight up calling them out. I have, in the past, and have gotten some really interesting PM's from it. I love the ones who have been here since the very start and are still "members". I get messages like "I'll have you know that I donate my TIME and my KNOWLEDGE to this board! I have contributed much more than mere money!"

Nice thought....but time and knowledge pay for bandwidth about as well as they do groceries. Try pulling that line at the market and see how works for 'ya sparky.

"I'm sorry sir...but if you don't have the money....you'll simply have to put back the box of Twinkies, Cheetos, pimento loaf, and the 12 pack of Busch light."

We may not agree on everything every time ry.....but your post used some of my favorite words.

inelegant....impatient.....motivate.....and obnoxious.

These are things the stupid and selfish people of the world need more of.

"Members"....got even one good piece for your collection? Did this board help? PAY UP!

"Collectors".....made any money at all from the existance of this board? PAY UP!

I've just made my $100 donation......so kick in kids....or look yourself in the mirror every day knowing that your watch is as genuine as your character.

Oh.....and have a nice day to everyone! :rolleyes:

thank you for the opportunity to help a place that gives me so much support and enjoyment ....instead of making one donation i believe it best to do this monthly (for me) ... it's the least I or "we" should do for RWG ...... LIVE STRONG RWG.. we all wear you on our sleeve or I should say "wrist"

MAHALO .... PS are you going to leave this donation link open ?... or can we just donate monthly without renewing VIP every month ??

Lanikai

Well right on ryyannon!!!

I can handle the fact that some people find themselves in difficult financial situations, or that donations are against their religion - or whatever - but when I see that month-in and month-out the majority of the members here never upgrade, I get a bit upset.

And when Admin. runs out of money and makes these rather polite requests for upgrades, donations of any amount - spare change, really - and a few good souls respond while literally hundreds avert their eyes (but nevertheless post questions as to 'who has the best'..., along with pics of their latest acquisitions and/or sob stories and complaints about dealers, customs, items lost in transit, or things like 'I'm brain-dead: tell me what I should buy next') their studied indifference to the financial health of the forum really starts getting on my nerves.

I'm sure I'm not the only one - as your response shows, and while we've already discussed this problem at length the last time there was a call for some financial support, the basic situation still hasn't changed.

The example at hand: 'The following members have visited today'. How many have either upgraded or even donated a little?

12BGT350, 325BMW, 4fun, 777, 944black, aaa, ab2450, acidzerocool, addingwatch, afiartis, Alan_Schezar, AlexLeGrande, alfredo, AllergyDoc, amish, amo, andreww, anon130, aoikaze80, AP Pete, arminvanbuuren, arn555, asands, atfotraf, avitt, axa, bakescakes, bbrenner, beanbopdudemomgophers10226, Bearcat, Bell&Ross, BellAir, bigdaddyo, Bigdoggy, bigheadgenius, Bigman99, BigNickD, BIGPOCKETS, billt, blanch, blh96, blkandgold, blue2, BOB, BobGauchey, bodhy, boomer, Breitling, bremerk2, budda, budfox, By-Tor, capt_cope, Carl, chromepaxos, chrono903, ck986, cypher, d0m1n10n, dabbler12, dadog13, Dani, darkside7, dastrix, david-aussie, davidbir, davidsenjpn, davidsjg, daystar_70, ddesj74, Deacon, deaconx, deepsea, Devedander, dilinger, Dilliam, dkcambel, dlanzer, dr.alistair, drspine, Dukie, dwang0725, DWSmoot, eastonly, emuozz, enjoinick, Erwin, evildee, ExplorerII, f5mando, fastalker, FasTTaP, fauxpas, fendushi, Feta1, fitipaldi, frankpower88, french, frogfalls, gamer3000, gargoil, Gavilan, Gene02, georgegrasser, Gil, gliptopolis, gman, gmtmaster, Gobrian, gogolos, Golfer, Grippm, grw1, gs430, guanaco, hanslin31, hansolo, hava, he46570, heavyarms, hendrixelixir, Hi-Standard, HikeUSA, horologie_unitas, iglutikut, ikonosin, iluvspl, infinitime, insguy, interested1956, Ishann, ispolef, istretch, its_urabus, jack, James Amazing, jbarizona, jcnunez, jdavis, jdub765, jeffrey alan, JessieJ, jiro, jj69, jkarpas, jkmossington, jkpadget2, jkwhyd, jmt, Joey, Jonathan, joonwkim, Jos Nana, JTaz, juanstar, junkyninja, Justasgood, Justboughtfake, k2222, Kaidoy, kalakas15, kazushi, kevin1, Keyhole, kokoko, kp682, kranium, kye_lin, kylet, laahollywood, lacklusterplus, LarryM, ldewarren, lloyd95, lls, lnoblesus, Logan, lool, lts11, lysis, m/bikertom, m52726, madeleine, magick1, MajorBobL, Marin, Mark, Mark Eleven, Mark Phelps, Marrickvilleboy, martinb, masan, Mason, mbpa, metronman, mezzanine, mgardner48, Mikep, mikeydigs, milwaukee, mkultra, mojo2001, mortledge, Mo_till, Mr Jones, MrC, mudfish, neks0ne, ngdenny, nikov, nimbusbrew, NiTrO, notto, object07, oBMTo, oki, OldeCrow, oldkid, olivia, onj, P4GTR, PACK, palhaco02, pam112, pampam, pam_pattaya, Panama, Panerai Guy!, pantomimehorse, parabol, paulV, pbe2410, Perpetual Oyster, pitbos, pitimany, PlastiqueOne, plato986, porschespeedster, predfan2001, premiumdesigners, prof, promotersf, qristoffer, qwert750, r2d4, ra-man1234, rafib, raguse, Ranger25, rare1, ravant, ray0244, reachie, red.dog, REPPIN, reprep, rhes4, river, rjboxster, Rob1, Roland, RolexBoy, rolexsandwich, rosnik, rs3rs, rx4mike, rxgremlin, Ryan, Saabin, Samuel M., sarzi, sayiiimd, sc.net, schlitzie2, Scott Earle, scottat, se7en, Seadweller4000, Sean Hawkins, shadowteam, Shundi, shura110, Shuvi, SilverSurfer, skcheng, smalldogfrenzy, sn8kman, Snrubb, solidrax, southcoast68, sox123, spectro, spooky driver, spookycord, squeaker, Steve G, stilty, STINGRAY, stutzer, sub1, swartoo, sweet, swemoose, TeeJay, Tennesseehorn, The Mentalist, the playful eyes, The Red Baron, thedudeabides, TheDukeZip, thelawnmowerman, TheLightRoom, thewightstuff, thinh, TJGladeRaider, tkersting, TmeShare, tntwrx, tommyn29, TomRiddle, tonibari, tradr, trektagger, Tribal, trillian, Triodus, Troy47, trustywatchguy, tshoot, turboGUATE, turtlemd, tutima, twg7722, twicebaked, twobztwop, Typhoon, varock, vinhle37, Virgil Hilts, waltercarl, wannab, warbody, Watchnut, werflga, wiggles, Winston_Wolf, wombat247, Woody, World Traveller, wtchlvr, x2crazy4shadyx, yt74, zbrrt, zenpang, millerk310

Is it too much to expect that the majority of these guys could be capable of scraping up a few dollars to donate, even if they don't upgrade their membership?

Perhaps some of them have actually donated thousands of dollars in the past, perhaps others are single-handedly supporting ten kids, a wife with a crack habit and all their in-laws, and perhaps still others can't understand English, but I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming majority are just riding along without giving much thought of completing the circle and giving something back.

I've only been here 20 days but I'll donate to become VIP...send me some info

For members who have yet to upgrade, this seems to be the way, a per the Admin's first post in this thread:

"This time you can either chose to support RWG via a donation or upgrade your membership to a VIP membership. Because of the recent paypal-problems, I will not share the address where you can donate in public. Just send me an empty e-mail at give@rwg.cc and you will instantly get all the details you need. VIP members can use the link presented below, only visible to VIP members."

Yeah..do help me in the correct direction/ link... I've hit da wall coupla times whilst trying to upgrade on previous occasions! :wounded1: :wounded1:

This seems to be the way, as per Admin's. first post in this thread:

"This time you can either chose to support RWG via a donation or upgrade your membership to a VIP membership. Because of the recent paypal-problems, I will not share the address where you can donate in public. Just send me an empty e-mail at give@rwg.cc and you will instantly get all the details you need. VIP members can use the link presented below, only visible to VIP members."

@lanikai,

Hopefully :rolleyes:

@Ry, The link is only visible to VIP's.

All other members should PM one of the admin team for this info!

As I am off for a 3 day break in a couple of hours, it may be better to go to admin, or one of the other mods, as I would hate someone to think I was ignoring them. :D

For everyones info, we had enough in kitty for a couple of months server fees. then when the original PP account was suspended, the kitty became defunct.

Hopefully in 6 months these funds will be returned!

offshore

It should be simple for people to figure out the value of this forum. Just think to the first Aha moment you had reading a post here. Remember how easy it is to get a question answered or to find a part or just the right watch for just the right price on this forum. The forum and the people who run it need help now and it is time for people who have not donated but have benefited to ante up. It does not have to be a big donation but if members who come here and gain so much without having given anything financially would give just a little that would likely be enough. I have seen that it is the same people pulling the wagon all the time so at the risk of pissing people off I am calling the free riders out. Give now! Cheers