When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Read this! We need your help. NOW!

Admin

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Admin could you please tell me if my subscription is still active? On my side it shows VIP?

I will still donate regardless, but want to make sure if I need to renew first..

Thanks.

RWG is like a home to me. My fiends tell me I should change careers and start selling watches...All thanks to the wonderfull members on this board.

Admin : 10 members have upgraded their memberships and 29 members have made a donation to RWG so far

Ryyannon : The following (non-contributing) members have visited today:

with a huge list of members following

Elwopo: @ non supporters......well....there really isn't anything better than the old standard....[censored] you.

And there are so many more comments from generous members who feel so sad...

That much views, so few upgrade and donations and such a big frustration.

I wonder what all of us would feel like if RWG disapears. :bye2:

I'm so sorry there are not more people contributing financialy.:console:

Giving 5 $ is not useless, giving 10% of their last purchase is fair, some of the richer members giving 10% of what they saved for their entire collection value would save this place for a while too.

But, for sure, if everyone that visit RWG say twice a week would upgrade to VIP, then these kind of thread from the Admin team would have no reason to exist anymore.

Besides that, there are some great advantages to be VIP.

In example I do not archive my mailbox every couple of days anymore as it's a huge one now that I have.

Cheers

Stephane

Not sure I like the idea of people being pillioried for what's a voluntary contribution. To be honest that's the type of thing that would make me NOT want to contribute if I already hadn't.

If admin says they have a shortfall I'll be happy to contribute some more according to what I can afford.

If admin says they have a shortfall I'll be happy to contribute some more according to what I can afford.

I understand and agree of course.

Everyone should be free to give of course, and according to what they can afford.

Just saying 5$ is not useless and vip is a cool feature ;)

Not sure I like the idea of people being pillioried for what's a voluntary contribution. To be honest that's the type of thing that would make me NOT want to contribute if I already hadn't.

You clearly have your own take and your own approach: unfortunately, most people contribute nothing when the admin say they have a shortfall.

This is not your case, but you are an exception to the rule.

No one really wants to 'pillory' anyone here: have you seen many real examples of that directed at any one person?

But some of us are getting irritated at a situation which ceaselessly repeats itself: there are never nearly enough 'volunteers' for the voluntary contribution. The Administration has gone out of its way to act in an extremely conciliatory and gentlemanly manner concerning this problem - to the point of sometimes not - or barely - having enough money to keep the forum up and running!

If there is any harrassment concerning contributions, it's not coming from the Administration, which apparently prefers quietly suffering to noisily insisting, but from a handful of the more vocal members who see what's happening and are sick of seeing it happen time and again.

And if anyone is to blame, it might be more rational to direct your criticism towards the huge majority of forum members who go missing every time - as you put it - the admin has a shortfall and has need of member participation to offset it.

Blaming the people who are trying to resolve this recurring problem by bringing it to the forefront is really unjust, given the basic injustice of who pays for what at RWG.

If you have any further doubts as to the absurdity of the situation, just look at the current one: we've been debating, discussing and writing reams of opinion about it for the last two days. And with what result: a ridiculously small handful of members have generously responded, while everyone else is simply going about their business as if none of this concerned them.

Is pointing this out putting people in the pillory?

This situation should have resolved itself within the first day it was presented by the Administration, yet here we still are, debating the fine points of who's feelings might get hurt when the forum members are confronted by their own flagrant lack of support of the forum.

I've heard of certain people are possessed by an extreme sense of entitlement, but personally I have another word for this kind of selfish behavoir: abusively taking advantage of the generosity and good will of others.

Out of the 10 upgrades and 28 donations (taking mine out of the 29 count).....how many were from dealers (sorry...."collectors")?

Funnily, they should be propagating for people to upgrade. Think of the benefits!

From that perspective:

*More people can view my collections here.

*People would know that they are buying themselves into something good.

*People could rid themselves of their watches to fund new ones.

*More feedback.

*...etc

*The forum would stay 'up'. This one is related to view my collections.

Then again, those points can be countered.

*Who cares, there are other forums.

*That money could've been spent on an extra strap or water proofing!

*People rid themselves of their watches to fund watches from other people that have rid themselves of them.

*More feedback!!1one

*...etc

*And an extra one, to propagate I'd need to post.

*The forum would stay 'up'. This one is related to feedback.

fitmic: jag hade g

Is pointing this out putting people in the pillory?

This situation should have resolved itself within the first day it was presented by the Administration, yet here we still are, debating the fine points of who's feelings might get hurt when the forum members are confronted by their own flagrant lack of support of the forum.

I see what you're saying and agree with most of it, I just can't help thinking that if I was one of the freeloaders naming me as an active user who hadn't paid would probably put my back up and have the opposite effect to that which is intended.

Of course any regular user of the site who has found it informative should make a small contribution. Those that don't are effectively in danger of killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Small drops make big rivers... :D I'm in.

BTW, how about sharing the risk and also allowing donations with Moneybookers for instance ? I think most of us have both accounts.

Unfortunately Moneybookers is not an option for our Admin as he lives quite a long distance from the nearest office.

Ken

Unfortunately Moneybookers is not an option for our Admin as he lives quite a long distance from the nearest office.

Ken

Moneygram, perhaps Ken. I think he accepts Moneybookers just fine. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are alternatives like moneybookers and others. It's just that PP is the prefered payment method among the majority of members wink.gif

PS You can also donate via moneybookers to epay@rwg.cc

Hoping to use this myself since Paypal in foreign currencies is a pain in my ass - they hard link credit cards to each account and country, but people move around... <_<

FYI: We have reached this months goal, thanks to one very large donation (the member prefers to stay anonymous), 2 large donations (thanks TT and kruzer), 34 other donations and 14 members who have upgraded their VIP memberships. Thank you very much, to all of the members who have donated and upgraded their memberships!!!! :tu::notworthy::tu:

Current VIP members, please have this in the back of your minds;

Your VIP membership will now automatically be cancelled by Paypal because of my closed accounts. Please upgrade your VIP membership again.

And on a final note (maybe I should call it a warning ;)); I am afraid that I will be starting a similar topic next month also. We need more VIP members to have some sort or predictable economy and since PP froze my acounts, we only have these 14 new VIP members. The remaining 379 VIP members are members who I am no longer able to receive monthy, bi-annual or annual payments from, since PP will automatically cancel any subscriptions that are related to my closed accounts and that is basically all VIP memberships upuntil these last 14.

Also, I would like to finish of with the fact that many members offer their donations and want nothing in return. They donate instead of upgrading their memerships. So even if there are many names who are not written in yellow, there are many contributors (that contribute with either money or their time, writing great reviews, FAQ's or other great posts) among these names also. A big thank you to these members also :tu:

I would agree with this statement whole heartedly... we really don't know all the circumstances behind every member ..and although the intentions are to help RWG ... i really see no reason to, for lack of a better word... belittle anyone... although more members should 'help' out .. i think the point has been made.. for myself I will contributre monthly .. and whatever anyone else decides to do is up to their "mind set"

@ admin..... could we get a pic of a thermometer to show us how far we are away from being OK next month ...

thanks for being here RWG

Lanikai