When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In Memorium - Rest In Peace Dad

eunomians

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences Euno... I can't say I know how you feel... because it has never happened to me before... but I can imagine how sad I would be if I lost my father. I am one of the lucky ones where my dad is still living and healthy but he is getting old so I have always promised myself to try to spend as much time as possible with him and make him proud!

Hope you will feel better soon...

@Euno.......a wonderful eulogy........and one that I'm sure your Dad would be proud to have.......he sounds as tho he led a good life......a life that any man would be proud of......his character / spirit and nature show in the tribute you've written to your Dad......it's a crying shame that he had to suffer such an ignominious death on his part.....ignominious on the part of those who show such disregard for the loyalty shown to his country....still......countries are not government......and his country will remember him as you do.....with love and fondness.......ripples in the pond......!

I would like to express my condolences to you.....and my congratulations also....for sharing just a small part of the life of an extraordinary man.

Guest chronomat123
Monsieur Euno.

I am not good in words for these bad occasions.

Nor am I, Stephane. Euno-- my heart goes out to you, mate. Sounds like your father was a great man. Lived a full life, raised a good son. My deepest heartfelt condolences.

by ClaireB

For a truly wonderful father

with sparkling green eyes

who was took from me suddenly

with no time for goodbyes

I think of you constantly

each and every day

when I eat, when I sleep

when I work, rest and play

Your death did hit me like a poisoned dart

your memory and words will live on in my heart

Today should be a happy day with you smiling on

But where there was two, I now have just one

I sometimes see your face on strangers passing by

I hear your voice and laugh

and I just break down and cry

I wonder when you were living if you ever had a clue

that my most coveted prize was to be just like you

deus juvat

Charlie

Your beautiful tribute broke my heart. Needless to say you have my most heartfelt sympathies. Please be at peace in the knowledge that your dad will always be with you ... he lives on in your heart, in your memories and in your very essence.

God bless you.

Although, I can't relate to the loss of a parent. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies to you and your family during this hard time.

-ryan

"Matthew 10:29-31"

"His eye is on the sparrow"

Why should I feel discouraged

Why should the shadows come

Why should my heart fell lonely

And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion

A constant friend is he

His eye is on the sparrow

And I know he watches over me

His eye is on the sparrow

And I know he watches me

My father died of cancer aswell. it took 6 months from diagnose to death.

Its 4 years ago, and not 10 minutes go by without me thinking of him.

Instead of focusing on his death, i think of the good times we have had, and every ten minutes, it puts a big smile on my face.

That is the only advice i can give you. the pain wont go away, but you can use it as a good thing.

He has surely been a gift to your life, and especially so if you remember him as one.

My deepest condolences to you

rune

I just checked into off topic section and I found sad news. My prayer goes out to you and your family. I learned from my stay at WLA VA Hospital, number of Vietnam vets suffered from Agent Orange. Prostate Ca was also one of problems. It is sad truth that many vets fought for country are not being properly cared for.

I believe that your father will live on as you live on. May peace and comfort be in your heart...

Edited by dosanim