When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Battle Of The Coolest Panerai Buckles!

Victoria

Which is the Coolest Buckle?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

• Strap Culture's Skull-n-Swords
    • Gregoire Texier's Anchor
    • Other (Reply below)

I voted 'other' but now I've changed my mind.

Wellll, isn't that you all over, Ryyannon??

Something other than 'other' but I haven't quite decided yet.

I rather think one strap buckle will win, but I ain't sayin' which.

Some nice pics, though.

Thanks, love. Hope you are feeling better now, calmer, happier, perhaps a little amorous. Oops, did I say amorous? I meant generous. Where's my 50%, mac daddy??

Well, I voted for the skull'n'crossbones, but the pre-v style buckle, rather than the strange rounded one. I actually wanted to buy a skull'n'crossbones buckle, but decided not to since they only seem to offer that rounded one...........

If anyone knows where I could get hold of a GPF- MOD Dep though, I'd be interested ;)

prof

LOL

interesting post but I too must vote "other".

The skull and crossbones is ok on the pre-V buckle but that chrome rounded one looks funny. I really like how the anchor is cut all the way through though... but i'd prefer to have neither logo on my clasp :)

Lonnie

Yarrrrrrr! Hehe.

I chose other. My other would have to be the original brass buckles that had been hot treated with Zinc. These are found on original straps of the compasses and other watches of the Rolex/Panerai era.

If you have ever had a Gregoire buckle would know it's far too large and very uncomfortable. He gets them from a guy on TZ. The guy is not really a Panerai fan, he makes these for other watches, they just happen to be 24mm. Also the SC buckles are nice, but they can strip (due to the screws) and again are too bulky to be comfortable.

I am not saying that the original brass buckles are comfortable, I just think they are "cooler" than these two. The explaination of disadvantages was an aside.

I chose other. My other would have to be the original brass buckles that had been hot treated with Zinc. These are found on original straps of the compasses and other watches of the Rolex/Panerai era.

If you have ever had a Gregoire buckle would know it's far too large and very uncomfortable. He gets them from a guy on TZ. The guy is not really a Panerai fan, he makes these for other watches, they just happen to be 24mm. Also the SC buckles are nice, but they can strip (due to the screws) and again are too bulky to be comfortable.

I am not saying that the original brass buckles are comfortable, I just think they are "cooler" than these two. The explaination of disadvantages was an aside.

I actually like the "Gregoire" style buckle. I bought several of them from Walter in Canada and I like them. They are big though, but since they are curved, they seem to fit well.

Other buckles that I really like are the Germano GPF style buckle. Very true to the original vintage Panerai buckle. I also like the various GPF flat Zinc buckles by TC, Simona and the one on my Tootall ammo strap :p

With regards to curved buckles, I really like the Strapmasters, the Simona, and once again the Germano.

For the most part, I prefer the sewn-in style buckle.

Not exactly "to topic here", but I thought I'd chime in.

POLL UNOFFICIALLY CLOSED, 8 PM EDT! (Keep voting if you wish)

Results as follow:

Strap Culture's Skull-n-Swords [ 14 ] ** [38.89%]

Gregoire Texier's Anchor [ 10 ] ** [27.78%]

Other (Reply below) [ 12 ] ** [33.33%]

So Strap Culture Skull-n-Swords win!

Please note though, that the Returning Officer is a Floridian, and thus there may be pregnant chads. :p