When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What was your first concert?

watcher71

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loverboy with joan Jett & the black hearts...

Kingsport Tenessee around 1982 ~

I saw some crappy country music when I was younger (That my parents took me too) but don't count those since I had no choice (Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Dolly parton, etc......)

Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind Tour, backed by Saxxon and Fastway in 1982 or 83. I was 13.

Second was Ozzy backed by Motley Crue for Bark At the Moon in 83 or 84. On LSD for the first time and an absolute wreck.

Last show I saw, Michael Buble (hey, I'm an adult now). Awesome and if you get a chance, go.

Oh yeah, all in Vancouver BC Canada.

Excellent Band Drizz...

My son took me to see them. They were playing with the Supertones and Reliant K, which were also excellent.

TT

Hmmm first concert ever was on 12/27/96 at the New Earth Coffee House in Kansas City, KS. It was a band called Five Iron Frenzy, you guys have probably never heard of them.

52806-36004.jpg

Excellent Band Drizz...

My son took me to see them. They were playing with the Supertones and Reliant K, which were also excellent.

TT

Yea they are probably one of my favorites. I saw them once with the Supertones and the Insyderz; a tour they called "Skamania" probably one of the best shows I've been to.

First concert was Rush 1984 Grace Under Pressure Tour at Radio City Music Hall NYC.

But as of late the only shows I make it to are to see Pearl Jam. Going two nights next week in E. Rutherford. I've seen them like 25 times, travel to all sorts of cities even toronto. But now that I have a 7th month old daughter, the traveling to shows is impossible, so the wife and I will only go local. Right now they're the best band for the buck, always good, different setlists...

anyway enough PJ hype

First concert was Stan Kenton in San Diego around 1969. 1st rock concert was The Beach Boys at the San Diego Sports Arena, where the sound really sucks. Best concert was Dream Theater.

The first was Jethro Tull in Rome, 1971.

But the one that striked me most was Van Der Graaf Generator, 01 DEC 75 Italy, Rome

...where the band had their gear stolen.

Metallica in Singapore, Indoor Stadium, April 13th 1993.... was 15 years young then... and that was the only time they came here... SIGH.... :(

Gotta love the old metallica :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have seen them three times live and each show was phenominal. Great live band. I am not into their new stuff, but their older stuff was just splendid!

I no longer post in LB...but the topic took me back a few years.

The Platters in 1960 was my very first concert.

The one I remember was Day 2 and 3 at Woodstock in 1969. Missed day 1 due to a thirty mile traffic jam. I just can't explain...you had to be there ;)