When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What was your first concert?

watcher71

IRON MAIDEN w/ twisted sister was my first...in the early 80s...I was 13...my dad took me (and we still laugh about it)

Why did I think of this? I just saw an iron maiden video on "Metal Mania" -- one of the music video channels.

post-14-1148185525_thumb.jpg

Anyway, what was your first...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi.

I was 15 I think. Went there with a girl (so it was actually a date). The concert sucked, I was drunk as a pig (who can listen to Bon Jovi soberb?) and didn't even get laid. What a horrible night!

PS: Iron Maiden rocks. They're still good, I've seen them 4 times!

Edited by By-Tor

But when it comes to ROCK, I used to work security at a big venue and I could get right up next to the stage and check it out. Probably the most impressive was Steve Howe and Yes. Man that guy could play.

Seen Yes twice but only once with Howe. 1st row...and yes he indeed can play. I don't wholeheartedly love Yes because some of their stuff is a bit pretentious. But Starship Trooper is always mindblowing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Queen and Thin Lizzy at Boston Gardens... Not sure if it was Day at the Races or Night at the Opera, but I think it was Night at the Opera... Great concert!!!

Before that, although not a concert, I saw Aerosmith jammin in a little park in Peabody MA before they were hardly known... just a local band :-)

i have been to many concerts, most of the bands you guys probably dont even know.

but limp bizkit you guys probably know. that was the first concert of a "well-known" band i went to!

i'm planning on going to the red hot chili peppers concert in june!

Edited by slay

Bad Religion in 1995. i was 13 years old. They played tracks from "no control," "against the grain," "recipe for hate," and "stranger than fiction." it was a fantastic time. i missed fugazi that year however... unfortunately not many (good) bands make their way to hawaii. ahhh i almost forgot the same year i saw the beastie boys...

Edited by robideaux

you want the best you got the best ! the hottest band in the land KISS !!!!!!!!

1979 NYC madision square garden i was 1 years old my dad took me ..

i was hooked from that moment on was i very big KISS fan thruout my child hood

thank to KISS i learned to self teach my self guitar , bass , drums .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

now i must say im a huge VAN HALEN FAN .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My first concert has been May 9 th 2004 in Rome, near the National academy of Saint Cecilia.

With the accompaniment of the extraordinary "Le Musiche Nove", voice divine of Cecilia Bartoli.

52108-36068.jpg

The second concert has been in Rome to the Palalottomatica October 31 st 2005 with Dreamtheater.

52108-36069.jpg

The famous Rolling Stones concert 1966 in Berlin´s "Waldbühne". The open air place was destroyed after the Stones played only 20 minutes.

It lasted almost 15 years until rock concerts were allowed again there.

By the way, I´m a "retired" Rock´n Roll engineer, half deaf, as you can imagine.

My first concert was Ratt with Cheap Trick opening for them in 1986 or 87.

My last concert I saw was last night in Cleveland, Pearl Jam. Don't know if anyone here is a PJ fan or not, but they rocked the roof off the place. Seventh time I have seen them and they never have an off night.