When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new Yachtmaster - nice or ugly?

t

read today the new "CHRONOS" watch magazine from germany and saw a report about the new Yachtamster

and i read very good comments :o

are all this watch experts CRAZY STUPID DRUNKEN??? Or has Rolex paid them much money for his comments?

what do you think about this watch here (BTW it is not a $20 canal street watch, it is pic of genuine :lol: )

rolex_yachtmaster.jpg

I actually like Rolex and think they deserve a lot of respect for what they have contributed to the world of wristwatches in the past. Some of the newer stuff though looks like their main target audience may have shifted to Rap-Stars.... (or maybe I'm just getting old.... :wheelchair::inv: )

I actually like Rolex and think they deserve a lot of respect for what they have contributed to the world of wristwatches in the past. Some of the newer stuff though looks like their main target audience may have shifted to Rap-Stars.... (or maybe I'm just getting old.... :wheelchair::inv: )

Chubbchubb, maybe you are old... but I still can't imagine any rapstars having that bad of taste..... the common practice is to take a fairly nice watch... navitimer or bentley for breitling and slam about 30,000 dollars worth of diamonds onto every square inch of the watch... a clown-master is just plain ugly to start with.. Well i guess the jacob & co. primary colors are ALMOST as ugly as this watch....

Edited by plaifender

The words Yacht-Master II on the bezel insert really ruins it IMO....talk about a gen looking like a cheap canal street rep...hahhaha. The best part is it can never really be rep'ed right with that movement...Thank the Lord.

Agreed...if it didn't have Yacht Master II emblazoned on the bezel, I think that people would be singing a very, very different tune. It's a great new in-house movement with a unique layout, and very fresh, yet classic style...minus the #$)@*(#$)(ing YMII slathered on the damn bezel! If only they had found some way to make the bottom part of the bezel functional, just using more numbers, markings...SOMETHING! I should develop a new line of bezels for the Gens that either rearrange the functional layout of the current one, or just uses the same look/style as the yachtmaster 1. In concept, I would think that people would line up around the block to buy the new YMII if they knew they could rid themselves of that ugly bezel...but then I breathe a sigh of dismay as I realize that there are already waiting lists for 1 year and growing. What has this world come to!?

I fell very unique now, because i think i am the only one who likes it. Very much in fact.

(should I visit my psychoanalyst?)

Liking the Yuckmeister II is not cause for psychoanalysis, Luisik. Says the girl who loves L'Egiziano. ;)

But since you are, shall we say, in the minority of 1, can you at least give us some IDEA what appeals to you about it?

Because, as Mexicans say, esta de lo mas chulo.

Yes, this is an ugly timepeice, at least to look at, but I don't think they had looks in mind when they designed this watch. It is the engineering that is the beauty of this timepiece.

It is very ugly as far as looks, but from what I've read about the watch, it is quite a marvel as far as the movement is concerned. The new 4160 calibre. Mechanical memory, programmable countdown, Command bezel. 72hr power reserve!

And it doesn't look as Fugly in White Gold.

I would love to play with one if I have the chance. I know my local dealer is expecting one it, but they say there are already a couple names down for it, so it will probably be sold before it even hits the display case.

Edited by stilty

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

btw, stilty, your comment reminds me of what a drunk frat guy would say about a fat, ugly chick ... "Yeah she's ugly as hell, and I wouldn't be caught dead carrying her around, but I would love to play with one if given the chance ... just don't let my friends know." :ph34r:

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

btw, stilty, your comment reminds me of what a drunk frat guy would say about a fat, ugly chick ... "Yeah she's ugly as hell, and I wouldn't be caught dead carrying her around, but I would love to play with one if given the chance ... just don't let my friends know." :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol: that is too funny! reminds me of my college days, not that I would ever admit to having to gnaw my arm off at the elbow in the morning, just as to not wake the sleeping beast.