When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your daily beater?

LordRasta

I am switching between a black Asian Steelfish on rubber and a couple of TAG Heuer chronos at the moment.

The SOSF is the only one which I feel is safe to take out this rainy autumn... Even though the Carrera chrono also seems to be rather waterproof. No fog under the crystal even after a wet bicycle ride.

Like most I try to rotate my watches, but I had been wearing my lv16610 quite a bit untill I got a (fantasy) Breitling Emergency for my nephew. I asked the seller to put it on a leather strap since the bracelet wouldn't size small enough for his wrist, but it's still too big so I kept it and got him a guitar. I liked the strap so much that I find myself wearing it 24/7 unless I'm going out (when the BCE, Super Avenger, Daytona or Carrera get their time out). The Sub is my exclusive swimming/ hot tub watch.

emerg1-1.jpg

strap.jpg

P.S. This thread should probably have a lot more pictures.

I used to rotate my watches. Although of course I had 3 or 4 favorites that got the lions share of wrist time. 6265, Omega GMT, 3717, etc. But that was then.

Since purchasing the MBK PP Nautilus back in early August the automatic movement has NEVER stopped.

Now that would have to be considered a 'Daily Beater'. I wear it every damn day.

For me it is the perfect watch for all occassions. IMO the most beautiful SS sports watch ever. 42mm x 9mm - Black dial - correct minute marker dot pattern on dial - and without doubt the most comfortable SS bracelet on any watch I have ever worn.

Beauty of course... is in the eye of the beholder. I be hold'n this one.

post-22-1192805791_thumb.jpg

Guest watchbuff

Same here, I wear one for the day, rotate around but sometimes I favor one for a few days especially if it's new, back from repair or a new Franken creation.

Like in a thread I posted, I might pick one that I am just "feeling like". IE. Had dinner with an old flame, wore the watch (Tissot T-touch) all day to get that back into that "mindset" I guess? <_<

What I'm wearing determines the watch I'll put on. At present, my default watch is my 45mm Planet Ocean. Once I get my 111h back from having the movement cleaned, that will be getting the priority wrist time, and, depending on the answer from my dealer, as my fiance bought me a 127 for my birthday (which is being returned due to a faulty crown guard lever) that will become the watch I wear most (for my own sake :lol: ) and will either be another 127, or a PVD 111h :)

So far, my answer is closest to TMG's.

Like almost everyone with a decent-sized rep watch collection, I don't have a daily beater.

I change watches as many times as I take a shower and therefore clothes, so 3 times per day in the SoFla heat. Never less than twice per day. NEVER.

But sometimes, I notice, when I just want to go out for a walk, and it's muggy or rainy outside, I reach for a watch which I call Old Faithful.

No. Not a PAM. :)

It's my Navigater Pumpkin PO, now settled unto its orange NATO strap (thanks to Chubbchubb's and TMG's tips on buying one).

orangeponatohi5.jpg

navipumpkinponatoci3.jpg

Comfortable, good-looking, fits perfectly AND you can see me coming a mile away -- important at night. :)

i have 2 main watches that i am currently using.. but some days will wear up to 4 or 5 of them becasue i get bored of the one i am wearing hehe

I should have my Fiddy next week.. i wonder how thats going to fall into my rotation... hmmmmm

Main daily beater

CIMG1026.jpg

Breitling Bentley T chrono for dressier events

CIMG1006.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics. i see i goofed when i photoshopped the Bentley dial. I missed a little piece haha

I suck at taking pictures but im learning