When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do You Wear Jewelry?

Victoria

MULTIPLE CHOICE  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Wear Jewelry as well as Watches?

• Yes, I wear jewelry
    • No, no jewelry
    • Watch & Wedding Band only
    • Watch & No Wedding band (but I'm Married)

Multiple Choice question above.

As you may have noticed, I love rings primarily, but I also have bracelets, and have inherited some pieces I cannot wear yet (too dated, or in the case of earrings, I don't have pierced ears).

Most guys don't like to wear jewelry.

Some even balk at wearing Wedding Rings. My father has lost his band so many times, that for a while, he went without. My own boyfriend hates jewelry, and barely wears a watch, but I'm changing that slowly but surely.

Do you wear jewelry, or only watches?

Which: Rings, Pinky Ring, Bracelets, Cufflinks, Cigarette lighters, etc.?

EDIT: Wow, they even have a name for male jewelry, AKA, Mewelry.

For me, a watch is the only jewelry a man can wear - next to a simple weddingring...

In some cultures, men wear their wedding ring on the right (Germany, Spain, etc.). Anglophone cultures on the left, as a link to the heart. Various historical reasons for that. ;)

Have noticed that many men here don't wear wedding rings, e.g., in Wrist-Checks, but then I don't know if they're married or not.

[Edit]: Cufflinks are nice, too.

Cufflinks, I'm happy to say, are making a comeback amongst younger men. I notice them in the Wristchecks, at that.

Btw, the watch should fit the belt and cufflinks. And a heavy watch goes best with heavy boots...

But that's just me.

Good idea! I hadn't thought of it that way.

How about ties? Would you wear a string tie with a Rolex? :)

stringtieweb1em7.jpg

3 rings, gold chain on my right wrist and a gold chain around my neck and of course a watch...........bliiinngggg :D

Seriously? Wow! I never would've credited you with being a bling-y kind of chap, Ken.

Well, then, you will love those things, you know...what. Soon! ;)

An indiscrete question -- why don't Mods ever or rarely post Wrist-checks? Is a security thing, which is understandable, given the sensitive nature of the business? Or do you perhaps not want to influence others by noting from whom you buy your rep watches?

3 rings, gold chain on my right wrist and a gold chain around my neck and of course a watch...........bliiinngggg :D

Ken

Gee Ken... we have some similarities!!!

Gold chain on my right wrist... occasionally take it off for a rest, golf chain around my neck... occasonally change with a few other necklaces..... watch of course... i have a gold pinky ring but I am too lazy to take it on and off so I hang it off my gold necklace. Oh... and a jade buddha pendant as well on the necklace... need to get myself a full gold bling watch to finish it off....

lol...

I always wear jewellery which seldom, if ever, comes off that 'appendage' for more than a few moments. I wear:

10mm Stainless Steel ring on my right middle finger

6mm engraved Sterling Silver court ring (engagement ring) on my left 'ring finger'. When I get married, the wedding band will be a platinum recreation.

Haemetite bead bracelet (left wrist)

Watch (right wrist)

Canadian dog tag (like Hugh Jackman wore in X-Men but with my own details on it (emergency ID for when I nearly emigrated to the US 3 years ago, and kept as a reminder to always trust my initial instincts about people))

I've never been one for wearing tie clips or lapel pins, although I will wear cuff-links if wearing a suit.

[Edit to add]

I forgot to say tattoos as well. A tribal design (inspired by the design Snipes wore in Blade) across my shoulders, collar bones, neck and upper arms, and signature glyphs on both inner wrists(mine on my left wrist, my fiance's on my right) My signature glyph is also on the back of my neck, and was the first tattoo I had.

Edited by TeeJay

Canadian dog tag (like Hugh Jackman wore in X-Men but with my own details on it (emergency ID for when I nearly emigrated to the US 3 years ago, and kept as a reminder to always trust my initial instincts about people))

Ach, admit it. It's so the pub know where to send you home in the taxi at the end of the night! :victory:

Gee - I need a glyph of my own. :g: This is like your own The Artist Formerly Known as Prince thing, right?

No, no jewelry... (where's the"gay" button)... :troll2vk::sorry:

Basically watches are in my eyes the best men's jewelries. And of course I wear my wedding ring. My wife offered me a curb chain. Never worn it :unsure: I'm more in nice clothes than jewelry I must say.

I would not say no to an other ring.

Ach, admit it. It's so the pub know where to send you home in the taxi at the end of the night! :victory:

If only :lol: In all seriousness, about 3 years ago I very nearly emigrated to the US, but things fell through at the last minute. I was concerned that if anything happened to me while I was in America, and if I was mugged, then any ID in my wallet or passport would be gone, and I didn't really fancy winding up 'John Doe' in an unmarked grave, so I ordered a Canadian dog tag engraved with my name, date of birth, National Insurance number, and the dialing code for my parent's house from the US. The plans all fell through one evening when, I'd suspected I was being messed around, and confronted the person about it, and, indeed I was. The next morning, the tag arrived, so I took that as a memento to trust my instincts about people :)

Gee - I need a glyph of my own. :g:This is like your own The Artist Formerly Known as Prince thing, right?

Pretty much. I use it as a signature on artwork I do rather than signing my name.

Well let's see, I wear a watch (obviously), a bracelet on my right wrist and the handcuffs aka the wedding ring aka the ball and chain.

Edit: Oh and when we go out somewhere nice, I wear diamond hoop earrings in each ear. I personally started the two earring thing in Ft. Lauderdale 20 years ago during a dare with my then brand new and still current wife. Back then you only wore one earring and depending on which ear denoted your "orientation".

Watch, cufflinks (always), engraved Tiffany swiss army knife (laugh if you will, I feel naked without one, and at least that one doesn't look doofy when pulled out of my inner jacket pocket), and a pinky ring (1x 1.96cw cushion cut Tanzanite, 3x 0.25ctw D colorless diamonds, 3x 0.25ctw yellow diamonds; formerly in a 24k WG setting, currently being redone in a 24k RG setting I dreamed up). The pinky ring was a bit ostentatious before; it will be a bit more low-key in its new setting, but it has very serious sentimental value to me, which is why I still wore it in spite of feeling a bit uncomfortable about it.

If only :lol: In all seriousness, about 3 years ago I very nearly emigrated to the US, but things fell through at the last minute. I was concerned that if anything happened to me while I was in America, and if I was mugged, then any ID in my wallet or passport would be gone, and I didn't really fancy winding up 'John Doe' in an unmarked grave, so I ordered a Canadian dog tag engraved with my name, date of birth, National Insurance number, and the dialing code for my parent's house from the US. The plans all fell through one evening when, I'd suspected I was being messed around, and confronted the person about it, and, indeed I was. The next morning, the tag arrived, so I took that as a memento to trust my instincts about people :)

Pretty much. I use it as a signature on artwork I do rather than signing my name.

Lol. If you enter the US you are scanned...IDed...fingerprints...what the [censored]... they would have IDed you :)

But good thing anyway.

Is that a real Angels World Series ring? Or it is a rep? :)

I believe that it is an Angels staff ring presented to employees. It is solid 14k yellow gold with plenty of real diamonds. It has big presence. It weighs in at 22 grams and has a person's name engraved on the inside of the band. It looks like a Balfour or Jostens make. It was a gift from my wife and children and they purchased it online from a sports memoribilia place. Cheers

I believe that it is an Angels staff ring presented to employees. It is solid 14k yellow gold with plenty of real diamonds. It has big presence. It weighs in at 22 grams and has a person's name engraved on the inside of the band. It looks like a Balfour or Jostens make. It was a gift from my wife and children and they purchased it online from a sports memoribilia place. Cheers

Very nice and thoughtful of your family.

Lol. If you enter the US you are scanned...IDed...fingerprints...what the [censored]... they would have IDed you :)

Yes, it's easier for legal aliens such as I was, because of the full complement of fingerprints, background checks, physician vettings you have to go through.

It would be doubtful that TeeJay here would have been in a John Doe situation, even if he were just in a confused state and had to be admitted to hospital -- which however, might've taken a few days to resolve.

I mean, is there any country with more ID cards, more police checks, etc. etc. than Germany, and remember that Piano Man mystery some years ago? Lasted for MONTHS.

He was a Bavarian.

But good thing anyway.

Queen Louise of Sweden (British-born) loved to shop in London, like anyone else, and went totally alone to Harrods, etc. No ladies-in-waiting, no police, nothing.

But she too was concerned that something might happen to her, for example, be run over by a car, and no one would be able to identify her (LOL).

Lightning struck one day, and she put inside her handbag a long white piece of paper with this message in black capitals:

I AM THE QUEEN OF SWEDEN

:lol:

I blow hot n cold with jewelry

But when in the mood

I choose from:

3ct diamond solitaire gold & platinum pinky ring,

1.25ct diamond solitaire gold & platinum pinky ring,

4ct diamond (3 x 1ct & 14little uns) gold pinky ring,

6.5ct Yellow Sapphire gold pinky ring,

23ct Gold (99%) Dragon pinky Ring,

and

a 5oz Gold Curb Bracelet

watch only

any other jelwery gives me the heebie jeebies.

my father lost a finger in a milling machine because of a ring....and i saw an electrician blow a finger off when he shorted 2 hi viltage breaker bars with his platnium wedding ring...poof....

also saw a really nasty pic of a lady who slipped and fell on the ice...as she fell she grabbed at a nearby fence..caught her ring on a spike...and you can guess the rest.

so....needless to say i dont wear rings. when i try they just feel uncomftrable. like a bad idea.

i even dont like wearing watches with too robust of a steel braclet..rather loose the watch than the hand. :)

ive always got my paws in some moving mechanical thing or another. ;)

sad though cause i see a lot of rings (chrome hearts) that i like.

Edited by lumpy