When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Great White

Nanuq

yeah looks a little small for a triplock tube LOL.. Who would spend all the $ to build that and then butcher it with a minor detail like not using a gen crown and tube? case looks way to skinny to me and bezel must be thin becasue look how high that superdome sticks up!!

It's a zinger no doubt. Case tube, yikes- have to be a rep crown to fit that POS. Movement # is late, which is OK, but the case SN is totally bogus- Rolex didn't go to 10 million and 1.5 million is 1965-66- oops! Pearl is outrageous- MBW? or cheap rep. Lug holes, case profile, and HE valve all suck. And I'm not too sure about the datewheel on the 1575 movt- it's sucky too.

Why would someone go to the trouble to put a 1575 movt in such a bad case? What a sloppy job.

The vintage rollies have open 6/9's datewheels.
Sorry you're wrong - the 6 on 26 is closed on my gen c.1570 silver flat top DW ;)

As I said before, this is basically a gen c.1570, a decent redial plus a gen caseback >>>> $750-850 + $150ish + $300ish = about $1250 total. Pay anything over and you've been had. The case I'm not even sure is MBW, it's fairly crappy, and for that alone it's misrepresentation at best, scamming at worst :thumbdown:

Nothing much more to say.

The case doesn't look like an MBW to me...Look at the base of the crown guard. It is hidden by the bezel. On an MBW, the base of the guard stands proud of the bezel by about 1mm (for reference, see post by Pugwash, where he has "Pugged" his guards). Also the lugs look too thin.