When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Seadweller from King

watcher

Here are a few pics of the new SD I received from King yesterday. Personally I love the watch but I will let you draw your own conclusions from my pics.

I have fitted a gen Insert and altered the crown gurads. Everything else is as standard.

This was my first deal with King and was a very good one so i shall use her in the future.

sd2007001ka3.jpg

sd2007002db3.jpg

sd2007003kb6.jpg

sd2007004ih3.jpg

sd2007005pi5.jpg

sd2007006vd1.jpg

These pics are when I had my Gen earlier this year to compare.

seadweller002mg1.jpg

sddi5.jpg

sdprofiles004id0.jpg

Looks great, watcher! The gen insert makes a rather substantial difference. B)

Since you've owned the gen, could you comment on the overall quality of the watch? How would you compare the clone in weight and feel to your gen for example.

The SD looks much better in your photos than those of dealers. The overly touched up dealer photos don't do this watch justice.

Many thanks for posting the pics! :)

OK,

after this Pics i will order one....

It looks damm good,even better than on the factory Pics....

This is where i'm waiting for a long time... ;)

Is this a gen SD Insert or from a Sub?

Because the gen SD Insert is slightly smaller than the Sub one...

Thanks for the Pics watcher.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

THe dimensions of a Sub insert are way out compared to an SD insert. Both the crystal is smaller and the overall diameter too on the SD. You must get an insert to suit the 16600 whether it be aftermarket or Genuine. A 16660 will also fit as this was the 1st Generation SD as we no it today.

There is a gen bezel and insert for sale on Ebay Germany at present to fit a 16600/16660 at $400ish!!

The rim edge on the rep SD is slightly smaller so I only had to remove a very small amount to help clip it into postion under the lip. It ain't coming out now without a fight!!

THe dimensions of a Sub insert are way out compared to an SD insert. Both the crystal is smaller and the overall diameter too on the SD. You must get an insert to suit the 16600 whether it be aftermarket or Genuine. A 16660 will also fit as this was the 1st Generation SD as we no it today.

There is a gen bezel and insert for sale on Ebay Germany at present to fit a 16600/16660 at $400ish!!

The rim edge on the rep SD is slightly smaller so I only had to remove a very small amount to help clip it into postion under the lip. It ain't coming out now without a fight!!

Ok,

thanks watcher....

Good to know that a gen SD Insert will fit and the Crystal is smaller than on a Sub....

This is how a SD must be....

By the way can you please post a Pic of the Bezel Assembly?

Fantastic :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Tribal

There is nothing to see as far as the bezel assembly goes and I cannot remove the insert now, it is to tigher fit. It is not like my WM9 Sub. I think the bezel fits like the normal Subs etc and the crystal will be a thin gasket around the inside edge of the case.

Unfortunately King do not delivery in EU,

I went with PreciousTime, He seed me it's exactly the same.

I wonder how she delivered my watch then as I'm in the UK!!!! PT is a good dealer though if not a little more pricey but you get the comfort of knowing there will not be custom problems. :rolleyes:

looks pretty good.. the rehaut on the rep looks deeper than the gen!! haha thats different hey? Not that its a bad thing.. nothing looks better than a nice DEEP rehaut. Overall this looks pretty good though.

I have fitted a gen Insert and altered the crown gurads. Everything else is as standard.

Hi watcher!

Two questions I have:

Did the gen insert (really a gen or a good aftermarket one?) snap in?

Or did you have to glue it or to sand it down?

And:

Did you mill the CGs with tube installed? Very diffiult to work with installed tube??

Txs a lot, regards, Ingo

Edited by Ingo