When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist-Check (9-11 Nov 2007)

Victoria

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi freddy,

watch this link.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=58508

it is not from davidsen, the basic model came from andrew and i started the first modification.

rolli

I would select a more Rolex-like strap, but love the watch.

Is that the latest version from Davidsen, and did it come with the solid or see-through back?

Haven't join the wristcheck long time, :p I'm back with DSN new leather straps+deployant buckle. B)

Raymond! I was about to PM you to see where you were. ;)

DSNDeployantBuckle25.jpg

This is beautiful. It looks like the OEM Gator! I wonder if DSN would include one when I buy the 232...since it won't fit.

Either way, looking sharp, Raymond!

I think I have discovered a new class of watch - The Daytona Beater

raybans004.jpg

(Sorry, no wrist shot yet)

I have had this watch strapped to my wrist for the better part of the past 3 days and it has accompanied me to dinner and 2 business meetings with equal aplomb. Surely not hardy enough to be drafted into use as a daily wearer (my Double Red is that), but it is understated & reliable enough to be worn for those daily activities where no manual labor is involved. Yes, it has its issues, but, like the steel Datejust, it just works with everything - an attention-getter that does not attract too much attention.

Funny how the attraction of Thailand used to be for the sex trade, but now it is for the MBK/rep watch trade. :whistling:

Nice IWC, WT.

Believe it or not it was pretty hard to find new top quality reps at MBK. I saw some real new ones like the Breitling Blackbird, but for prices not far from our dealers. I also found some really bad reps that we would never consider on this board. So if you're already in Thailand you might as well check out the replicas, but don't go out of your way in my opinion.

The sex trade is disgusting and really kind of the dark side of this place....Thailand has a rich and fascinating culture that goes far beyond fake watches and taudry sex trade.

The sex trade is disgusting and really kind of the dark side of this place....Thailand has a rich and fascinating culture that goes far beyond fake watches and taudry sex trade.

Hear hear. I've always been fascinated by Thailand, and Thai culture. I'm very sorry they are known as the world's biggest whorehouse (pace Macao), because they have so much to offer, starting with a charming people...

Psst. Awesome watch! I want. ;)