When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5218 201a dial

davidsenjpn

This is a pre run sample of the new 201a dial I have been working in the past 2 months.

DSCF6020-1-1.jpg

This is a solid 34mmx 0.8mm black dial with dial feet made for units 6497.

All Indexes been engraved by CNC machine unifoirmly at prcise 0.5mm depth from surface.

My next step is to apply c1 lume/vintage lume on the bottom and 4 sides walls of the index aera.then fill the

hollow aera with vanish.

Printing of logos will be done eventually.

more pics will be followed soon.

All comments are welcomed.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...."All comments are welcomed".

Ok, my comment is:

What should I do with a correct dial, if the case isn`t ?

Next step should be a proper pre-Vendome case , cause it`s visible different from the cases you use for your Pre-vendome, Pre-A and contemporary

Luminors replicas.

Just my 2c

Regards

hi davidsen,

here another good tip.

you should rework the marker and numerals with rhodium inlay or similar before you insert the super luminova.

it brings twice more lume power.

my watchmaker makes this always with the lower sandwich dial before he works with superlume.

rolli

Looks good so far. However bothe the 6 and 9 should not have a smooth curve. These have slight bumps where the 'tail' joins the 'hook'. Please try to replicate this.

Also the logo which you have previously used is incorrect for the 5218/201A dial - the correct logo shape is longer and thinner.

I can supply a high quality scan if it helps.

This dial would be correct for the Pre 002A, but for 201A the 6 and 9 must be "square". Like in the picture provided by "tmg".

The beauty of the 201a dial lies in the subtle details...

Take you time to get it right, if you get it right you will have a winner and allot of customers...

The preA 002 dial has exactly the same shape of 6 & 9 as the 5218/201A. The preV and preA used the same dial blanks which were different to the 002A. The 2 of the 12 is also different and it looks like Davidsen has got it correct - the curve hits the base at a lower angle than the later dials.

I have a straight 1:1 scan of a genuine preA dial taken on a flatbed scanner which I can supply, together with completed artwork for the 201A dial. This is a fantastic opportunity to get this right at last.

Now we also need 1:1 crowns and 1:1 preV crownguards which will also be correct for the G series 44mm models.

The First Blank dial pic is not very clear.

This is the original artwork which has been made and prepared by Enzo.

Dial logo have been made with an aging effect.

DSCF6153.jpg

This is the artwork of the case back

DSCF6156.jpg

I would not have started off this project without his advice and assitance.

Also all your inputs and comments are well noted too.

Pls bear in mind that I am trying to make a very close rep only.

Making a 1 to 1 gen copy of this model is impossible for me .

Rep is only a rep.

Lastly the 202a dial also has the very same index making like the 201a.I simply change the printing of dial

logos and it will become a very good looking 202a dial too.

DSCF6163.jpg

the Logo is looking good :D fonts could be thicker, no? are new dials backward compatible, ie I have your recent 201/a can I swap the dial?

Pre V case, can we have a preview? are we talking subtle differences to your existing one, eg thicker CG and/or taller bezel or much more than that?

Thanks