When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start-Of-The-Week Wristcheck (3-4 Dec 2007)

Victoria

I'll go with this one this AM.....Need to get at good wristie of it!

IWC_IngenieurfromJosh1.jpg

It has become a new favorite.....The PAMs are getting jealous and, even though I wound them all this weekend and this morning, are fomenting a revolution in the watch drawer.....

--Doc

Hey Bearcat where did youget this one from, never seen a white face is it fantasy?

DSC00022.jpg

Oi! Where's the snow and the pretty mountains??

Great watch, FxrAndy. It made a huge impression on me than it would've otherwise in the wristshots, when your eyes sometimes glaze over with all the watches. Gives me an idea, actually...

And please tell me you don't call your wife, Mami? :lol:

@RCHK: Big Pilot, 111, 113! :) ...beautiful lume shots. There should be more of 'em!

@FxrAndy below: Awww. She's sounds wonderful. And she likes watches!

Hey Bearcat where did youget this one from, never seen a white face is it fantasy?

White dial Ingenieur can be picked up at the factory in Schaffhausen. Originally not made for distribution....Just sold to IWC employees and visitors to the factory museum and store. May be added to the catalog in 2008 or 2009 or maybe never. Rare and HTF....This one has ETA 2824-2 and keeps time to COSC standards......Love it.

--Doc

Today its the Pam 111 on SS, have to say i'm a fan of both leather and SS but Panerai is more suited for leather :)

Need to get my hand to stop shaking :lol: so far haven't produced a crystal clear wristshot, do most people here use tripods?

If you have a digital camera which has the magnifying glass icon, hit that button as it will allow you to get better close up shots. Also, Sony makes a great digital with a stabilizing feature for those with a not so steady grip. Short of that, use a tripod. :smile:

If you have a digital camera which has the magnifying glass icon, hit that button as it will allow you to get better close up shots. Also, Sony makes a great digital with a stabilizing feature for those with a not so steady grip. Short of that, use a tripod. :smile:

Demon, what the roguish Hambone said is what I was going to reply. I used ambient light, and no tripod to get the super-closeups of the Milgauss you saw.

My now 2 year old Sony Cybershot has two levels of "macro" if you will. First, the macro function itself, and a small button which looks like a flower, which takes super-close ups in real time. Obviously, it also has (6x) zoom function.

My Cybershot is now obsolete, but here is a magnificent review of it:

http://www.416-1100.com/gallery/1074988

Here is the kind of photo you can take with this ULTRA slim, stabilising camera.

64958996-M-1.jpg

Incredible. Loved it so much, I bought another a few months later.