When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To Spot A Rep

Victoria

Members are already under warning far more senior than you are, Lanikai. Please understand I am not leaving so stop criping, stop obsessing, stop bullying. STOP IT. I beg of you.

If you have a problem, press Ignore. Life is uncommonly problem-free when you do.

Now, if you don't mind, this thread is a Guide "of sorts" to help people out. In the morning, I will be adding on to it.

Sorry .. I do have a right to my opinion.. how am I bullying? good try v but no takers on that one... where have i threatened?... i have not..

you are the one threatening here.. with members "are warned"... is it only you that can post now?... that seems like a cry for help... as I go on record stating that i have never.. bullyed you.. in what way may I ask?.... obsessed.. YOU are telling ME "I'm obssesing".. that's the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

I am not nor did I ever tell you to leave, ever..... so please don't play those childess .. petty .. "fibs" here.... you are not the victim here V... no one is the winner or looser now.. right now it is a loose .. loose situation.. I try and make things a ..Win..Win situation.. but you would like "us" all to leave.. so please get it straight and do not twist my words around as you do... no one needs to leave.. period... but conversely no one in the real world can just do as they please without consequences..

my parents taught me that one.. the old fashion way.. and so did every coach I ever played for ... cause and effect ... but of course you cannot relate to that .. must be used to getting your way ALL the Time .. no matter who you step on...

go on ahead then... just sad to see so many people manipulated for selfish reasons......

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

go on ahead then... just sad to see so many people manipulated for selfish reasons......

These long, meandering, incoherent rambles of yours are absurd. God only knows what you hope to accomplish by this -- once again, I am not leaving, so your paragraphs full of ellipses are as naught.

I think men like to see fights. But I don't fight. I will not address one syllable of anything non-rep watch related you address to me, Lanikai.

Once again, please stop your obsessing over what I post, and add to the forum as best you can, if you truly wish it well. Good night.

Members are already under warning far more senior than you are, Lanikai.

And who the hell has told you that?

It's that arrogant attitude that has caused most of the problems revolving around you to begin with...

YOU HAVE NOT BEEN EMPOWERED ON THIS FORUM [in any way shape or form]...

You're not the Noob Moderator...

You're not J&A's spokesperson...

You're not etc...

So I'd suggest that YOU tread lightly with that Pompous tone Ms. V...

TT

Nice to see the dog pack at work again. Not blood enough last time?

Why not asking the newbies for their opinion about this initiative before starting yelling? You might find yourselves more alone than suspected.

And, please, don't even try to put on other members' mouths words and thoughts that are only yours. I think I am contributing a bit to this forum, and I surely do not feel insulted (wow, what a word to such a tiny issue) by threads like this. For the sake of god, it's obvious that this was just a quick starter for the newbies!...

And who the hell has told you that?

It's that arrogant attitude that has caused most of the problems revolving around you to begin with...

YOU HAVE NOT BEEN EMPOWERED ON THIS FORUM [in any way shape or form]...

I am referring to another thread, one of many which targetted me today, Two-Tone. I think you know which one that is -- the one where out of the blue I was attacked by another member in what is a lingering matter which they cannot let go in their minds.

I find it bizarre that after all we've gone through in this past week, trying to put the festering remnants of that odious thread behind us, that this should happen now, Two-Tone.

In the morning, when I have come back, I hope to do so without these CONSTANT sniping posts about me, which obviously leave me fatigued and demoralised. But not vanquished. Should that sound arrogant, it's only because I'm in bunker mode after all the gratuitous shelling today.

Fortunately, 20 men out of 8000 members do not a hatred make. If anyone wants to shake my hand, peacefully, you'll find my hand the first to be outstretched.

If not, there's nothing I can do.

These long, meandering, incoherent rambles of yours are absurd. God only knows what you hope to accomplish by this -- once again, I am not leaving, so your paragraphs full of ellipses are as naught.

I think men like to see fights. But I don't fight. I will not address one syllable of anything non-rep watch related you address to me, Lanikai.

Once again, please stop your obsessing over what I post, and add to the forum as best you can, if you truly wish it well. Good night.

:yawn: what ... someone say something meaningless ... a g a i n :thumbdown: . not your posting .. you actions,,, you don't fight just be passive aggressive... you will not address one syllable.. but you just did.. ahh never mind you don't get it and never will.. try doing some volunteer work for the homeless.. may help get you out of "SELF"... or maybe not

I hate to budge in, but why just not stop it altogether and stick with the topic, it's way too much stress already being angry at some dealers for drop-ships, and other issues... Watches people! Lets concentrate on topic and stop senseless arguing! :p

Why not asking the newbies for their opinion about this initiative before starting yelling? You might find yourselves more alone than suspected.

This is a thread for newbies. They are posting their opinion here already.

Of course they want it on a silver platter, and they want to know who has the best sub. That doesn't mean we should comply: We're not paid to be here, you know.

It's a community, not a noob-info-zone.

I think this idea is a worthy one, but I know it's doomed to failure. I'm not going to stand in its way or discourage it as I think the act of participating in the project will be educational for all involved. Carry on. ;)

EDIT TO CLARIFY: That was supposed to sound a little more supportive than it did. Seriously, just because I think it's not worth my time should in no way discourage anyone that thinks I'm wrong. :D

I think this idea is a worthy one, but I know it's doomed to failure. I'm not going to stand in its way or discourage it as I think the act of participating in the project will be educational for all involved. Carry on. ;)

EDIT TO CLARIFY: That was supposed to sound a little more supportive than it did. Seriously, just because I think it's not worth my time should in no way discourage anyone that thinks I'm wrong. :D

My sentiments re-iterated exactly (although I put it a bit more bluntly :p )

I appreciate TT weighing in on this I was getting the sense that V was pushing for junior moderator. Quickly trying to muscle anyone with a contrary or negitive viewpoint, I was duly warned by her to submit or else. Oh well :rolleyes:

I am referring to another thread, one of many which targetted me today, Two-Tone. I think you know which one that is -- the one where out of the blue I was attacked by another member in what is a lingering matter which they cannot let go in their minds.

What an utter load of tripe. Drama-queen. You cut off some new member who made a polite enquiry on strap matching shoes, and I merely tongue-in-cheek pointed out to him that such an unswerving opinion should be ignored or at least taken in the context of you owning (and posting about) a Fiddy on a pink gator strap :lol: If you think that is an 'attack' then I truly pity you - there is a real world out there, try it some time. Talking of not letting things go and having a fixation, why don't you post that utterly creepy video you uploaded and then quickly deleted in embarrassment - you know the one with the elf music and your actions that made Pugs feel VERY uncomfortable. No? I thought not.

Right then back OT!!!!! FWIW I don't have a problem with this thread per se. If someone's happy to spend their time compiling a compendium/wiki for the noobs, the go right ahead. Not for many of us accepted, but a worthy endeavour nonetheless, as long as the content is fully referenced and not passed off as their own work.

Tell you what Victoria, and I say this in sincerity and an attempt to heal any bitterness you obviously feel.....since you suggested this idea in the first place, why not step up to the plate and take this upon you to put together. Take some time out, make it happen and then let the naysayers judge. I for one would acknowledge the effort and contribution.

I have to say, I am shocked at where this has gone. I left last night to what appeared to be semi-civil but direct discourse, and woke up to find some hard-core sniping, and I am not really sure I understand why. Makes me feel like there is an undercurrent of tension somewhere else that I missed. I think we need to take a collective breadth here, this is the kind of stuff discussion that pulls forums like this apart.

I really don't get the vitriol.. the suggestion was seemingly an innocuous one, to document in high-level terms those attributes that separate a quality rep from a POS. There was recognition expressed that this would constitute a significant effort and represent a significant contribution to the board. In other words, no one HAS to do it

What an utter load of tripe. Drama-queen.

Etc.

I say this in sincerity and an attempt to heal any bitterness you obviously feel

DBR, your olive branches resemble grenades. I'm moving on now. Ciao.

Guys, just woke up, but I'll be back to the thread with some input later. Thanks to the people who PMed with ideas, and what not.

But please, can’t we keep the discussion civil??

Eddhead, I did say there were lingering issues at play here, and you didn't understand then. I think you understand now.

But listen, let's work on this thread's purpose! The discussion is over, it's done, Christmas is upon us, and people are on edge. It's often the case during "Peace on Earth" time. Oddly enough.

I am going to scout around some gen forums for ideas. Often what they ask, is what newbies ask too. Meanwhile, this isn't "my" thread. Anyone absolutely can add to it.

It's an informal roundup of facts about rep watch "tells" which can be of use especially to newcomers to the forum. Hope that makes the purpose clearer. :)

I am going to scout around some gen forums for ideas.

Am I the only one who finds the above statement extremely ironic?

Perhaps Victoria your time would be better served examining, photographing and maybe even tearing-down some watches in the way The Zigmeister does and ubi used to do. If that is too much, then simply post some observations of your own vast collection and some of the issues you yourself have noticed in order to get the ball rolling, in the way myself, Pugs, ByTor, nanuq, dadog, chieftang, fitmic, repaustria, swdivad, crystalcranium, Bazz and dozens of others I apologise for not mentioning have done so often in the past.

One of my earlier criticisms of this idea is that its originator seemed to be looking for something for nothing. All take and little give, beyond what can be trawled from other sources.

:lol: ... what I find totally Hilarious is the fact that after 3 or 4 months ... you refer to others as newbies.. :lol: ... what's wrong with this picture? is it because you have more post and in record time than anyone else? or you have more reps and more straps than anyone?... ... I know .. when you know valid points are made you revert to the.." I am going to ingnore. ...la.la.la.da.dee...fingers in the ear act.. ggeezz... or my long winded post which you should really read before rebutting.. if you bothered to read the opening last night .. i stated that I felt I was a sophmore member ...

If it's attention you wanted and sought then .. lady .. you are getting it now...

So you can "attack" and cut down others? you say you have the total support of the Admin?.. Is this dual principles ???

And please v don't even attempt to create an illusion that you don't go after members that you think or imagine disagree with you ... I have experienced your behavior first hand.. you think all this is being said because anyone is jealous of what you are doing.. give me a Fu**ing break lady!!

You keep saying "real men act this way,.. or do this and that" ... Well, to me a "REAL MAN" .. you cannot handle a "Real Man" .. because no "Real Man" would put up with your CRAP

the only people that i know that have to talk soooo highly of themselves are the ones with such low self esteem...

Ok, this has gone far away. I don't like such a climate at all. Starting to withdraw my emotional investment (and my contributions) out of this forum.

@SSurfer

I understand your sentiments completely but hang around mate. If you go it will mean that these roughnecks have won.

I too have thought about leaving and hanging in the other less bitchy forums. I'll hang in and see what develops.

There are better places to be right now....I'm revisiting RWG1 more often, it's caustic but not personal like this place.

@SSurfer

I understand your sentiments completely but hang around mate. If you go it will mean that these roughnecks have won.

I too have thought about leaving and hanging in the other less bitchy forums. I'll hang in and see what develops.

There are better places to be right now....I'm revisiting RWG1 more often, it's caustic but not personal like this place.

Here's an Idea, how about I close this topic since it's now become another bash Victoria thread. I guess I need to get off my ass and start handing out some warnings.