When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My own 45mm pilot watch - first drawings

t

my new 45mm pilot watch should ready in April/May/June

here drawings of the case

45mm diameter

13.5mm high

double AR coated sapphire glass (with blue print)

i like it but had many problems with the high of case. Factory told me that the best high is 10.5mm but i want 13.5mm. Unitas in only 4.5mm high (IWC caliber is 8mm) and this makes that the movement and dial fits to deep in case. Mostly problem is the dial. It fit very deep in the case, but it wasn

Tourby

Are you going to be getting a bracelet done for this too or will it be a leather-lover?

Looks good to me so far, I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Sam

no bracelet

bracelet on a 45mm watch would be to heavy - look Panerai.

Wow, that looks awesome! I also think that 45mm will fit better on my wrist. A Big Pilot would be great looking, but not on my tiny wrist, hahaha.

I especially like the example dial with the seconds dial cutting the 8 and 10 dial.

What price are you looking for?

i think 44-45mm is ideal for a pilot watch

47mm (like Steinhart/Debaufre) is much to big. Stowa and Archime (42mm) are to small

i want make a new size - 45mm this is my size and never saw this before

prices will be higher as on Steinahrt, but the quality will be different. Double side AR coated glass :wub: and more

i will build a very low quantity (total 200 pieces) with very high decorated movements (hand engraved, swan neck) for a higher price range. But will also build a limited quantity of 20-30 watches with standard decorated Unitas 6497-1 specialy for young rep forum users ;)

in end of 2008 or 2009 will build also a 45mm pilot with solid caseback... with plain Unitas movement for a lower price range.

Looking good Tourby! For me it would look even better if the watch had a central second hand ... and a power reserve at 3 :rolleyes:

If possible based on the PVD-ed Unitas 6498 !! With a PVD coated case... YUMMIE!!

i like it but had many problems with the high of case. Factory told me that the best high is 10.5mm but i want 13.5mm. Unitas in only 4.5mm high

It could also solve the deep dial problem... a PR module on top of the unitas movement would need the dial to be higher in the case... with long hour, minute and second had pins this could be OK... Is this possible or am i talking BS?

Tourby it looks great. Are you going to use the Hamilton 921 or 917 movement?

Regards.

hmmmm? :g:

great idea friend. Maybe will build 20 limited version with Hamilton specialy for USA market... but not at first... later at end of 2008

Great looking watch Tourby, is it possible to order that one without sec.hand and non transaparent caseback?

different version will come later.

first will begin with this 200 pieces. After this planing more and different versions:

- with solid caseback and unitas plain movement for lower price

- limited version for US market with Hamilton 921 / 917 movements

- center second version with special Unitas

in 2009 will come similar version with Valgranges auto movement :p