When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A member advertising about our hobby in public.

Masticore

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, dunno what kind of message I was trying to state with this post, maybe I was just venting myself. What do u guys think about this whole thing?

That's awful.

Can you point out some threads (xx out the urls so we don't give them trackbacks, please)?

I always wondered, for example, how that person who outted Ken's Bergie shirts, got that info. Perhaps they Googled, but it seems to me, it must be a member of this forum...

@Plaifender: Hola querido! Yes I did. Amongst other reasons, I wanted to be called by my full name, and leave "V" to the original. ;) ...como estas?

Followup: Ooh Swedish? Maybe Fitmic or Swemoose want to translate. ;)

there should be no need to advertise the watches to any kind of other forum unless he's trying to make a profit in it somehow. It sounds like maybe that's what he might be doing. Otherwise he would just post the dealers' own links and let people discover for themselves. It sounds like what he's trying to do is build up a demand and not let others know his source so that he can drive up prices and take a chunk.... Hey victoria long time no see... did you change your username?

You should post the link here so we can take a look. I suspect TTK would like to see it.

In reality there is not much that can be done other than to ban the person from the forum if you know who it is. And even if banned here there are three other forums as well as the collectors' sites that the person can use as reference material. It is very bad form though.

I finally created an acc on the site and went through some of his latest posts, and realized that he sells replicas to the other forum members. I also sent him a short pm sharing my thoughts. But still, nothing wrong being the middleman, right?

Here are some links:

hxxp://fivestar.nu/rasmusn/klockor/

hxxp://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2577&p=441616#p441616

hxxp://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2577&p=432621#p432621

hxxp://www.manligt.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2577&p=412230#p412230

What an idiot! If someone can figure out who he is (or his ip address from the moderators of that forum), please let me know via pm. I'll make sure that his ass gets banned from all replica boards.

Thanks.

What an idiot is right!

The Moderators/Admins probably already know this (ignore the rest of this post if you do), but RWG is regularly spidered & indexed by google, yahoo & most of the other major search engines & web indexes. Many of the pages here (along with our posts & pictures (I believe this is how some of my pictures got pinched & reused for ebay auctions)) are easily found via a google or yahoo search. And if it is not already being done, I would encourage the Admins to block access to ALL spiders by placing a robots.txt file into the root directory of the website. Again, I am sure you already know (or do) this, but just in case, you can copy/paste the following into a text file & rename it as 'robots.txt'

# robots.txt to block ALL search engine spiders

User-agent: *

Disallow: /

As an alternative, you can block spider access per page by adding the following metatags to the html code

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

-or-

<meta name="robots" content="none">

Of course, blocking spiders from indexing RWG will make it more difficult for the general public to find us, which can be good & bad. But I happen to side with those who prefer to keep our little hobby a secret & let word spread by mouth. Otherwise, I think you just tempt fate (and trouble). I will say it again -- right now, the gen makers are too busy making money (selling lots of gens) to be interested in devoting much effort into giving rep boards a hard time. But when their sales begin to decline, they will quickly turn their sights (& lawyers) in our direction.

What an idiot is right!

The Moderators/Admins probably already know this (ignore the rest of this post if you do), but RWG is regularly spidered & indexed by google, yahoo & most of the other major search engines & web indexes. Many of the pages here (along with our posts & pictures (I believe this is how some of my pictures got pinched & reused for ebay auctions)) are easily found via a google or yahoo search. And if it is not already being done, I would encourage the Admins to block access to ALL spiders by placing a robots.txt file into the root directory of the website. Again, I am sure you already know (or do) this, but just in case, you can copy/paste the following into a text file & rename it as 'robots.txt'

# robots.txt to block ALL search engine spiders

User-agent: *

As an alternative, you can block spider access per page by adding the following metatags to the html code

<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

-or-

<meta name="robots" content="none">

Of course, blocking spiders from indexing RWG will make it more difficult for the general public to find us, which can be good & bad. But I happen to side with those who prefer to keep our little hobby a secret & let word spread by mouth. Otherwise, I think you just tempt fate (and trouble).

I would definately like to see our post blocked from google. I googled looking for info and one of my posts popped up as a search result. I am all for sharing my finding, pics, etc with our members, but not for the whole world. I especially don't want my gen part suppliers seeing some of my projects if you know what I mean. I've already had one supplier stop selling me my 12892's and doesn't ever reply to my emails anymore.

Can one of ourSwedishspeaking members translate this for us....so we can perhaps interpret his intentions.....or perhaps they could send a PM to the admin of the forum....explain that the guy is a potential scammer....using stolen photos etc etc......see if that would stop him....!

Does anyone have a clue who it is...the fact that he is using my photos doesn't necessarily mean he's one of my customers.....!

Can one of ourSwedishspeaking members translate this for us....so we can perhaps interpret his intentions.....or perhaps they could send a PM to the admin of the forum....explain that the guy is a potential scammer....using stolen photos etc etc......see if that would stop him....!

Does anyone have a clue who it is...the fact that he is using my photos doesn't necessarily mean he's one of my customers.....!

Browsing a few of the files mentioned above I found this name: Rasmus Nilsson

Maybe some of the Swedish members could use public info to find the correct RN.

What a toss-piece. For what it's worth, I'm sure he's going to wind up getting black-listed very quickly and finding himself unable to aquire more goods... The last thing this hobby needs, is unwanted attention from someone posting such things on public forum(s)

:rolleyes:

or perhaps they could send a PM to the admin of the forum....explain that the guy is a potential scammer....using stolen photos etc etc......see if that would stop him....!

I vote for this, extreme mesures are needed here to preserve our community

the fact that he is using my photos doesn't necessarily mean he's one of my customers.....!

Nope, but it sure means you're the best when it comes to shooting our hobby... :good:

To me it looks like a Danish website... Some guys named "Rasmusn"? And he uses Neil's pictures for sure.

I would agree to a Google block BTW!! No need for extra attention on the forum.

That name "Rasmusn" sounds or look familiar. Either I've seen it here before or the other two boards???? <_<

• 4 months later...

Hello,

That usename is me.

And im not selling any replicas.

Before you do any conclusion and speak very rude about me, you should get someone to translate the swedish languiage for you, allright?

The forum is a "style and fashion-forum" and the thread is called "this is what i just bought".

So by that said, that is what i just bought from my fellow dealers on the board.

When i buy a new set of pants, i post in the forum too.

Were do i try to resell any of these replicas? please everyone you owe me an apologize. because none of the things you just accuse me for is right.