When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6263! From Joshua!

elprimerozen

That is a very beautiful watch - elegant, functional, superb proportions.

I know it's not very accurate to gen but who so what, as long as you enjoy.

I am not a big lover of Rolex in general ......but these more "vintage" pieces are really growing on me....this is really great looking watch !!!!

Thanks for posting the pics ...Josh may see some of my money yet ...!

FGD

I am in exactly the same position, the vintage pieces have a lot of appeal to me. This reminds me of the Speedmaster, a watch I endeavour to buy the gen of.

Thanks for your kind words!!Yes its true, the "ROLEX" engraving are big!!! But who cares???? i realy love the looks of this watch ...and its a realy ok priced!!...and the movement its way beter than the "secret" DW movement!!...flaws..are flaws,but saw me a rep with out any flaws....he he!

And its the best version out of the box!!!If you skip DW versions!!

Forgot to ask - is this asian 7750 with 40mm case or manual wind with 37mm case?

If it is manual wind, is the case really 37mm? That is small.

Is it me or does this look just as good as a DW?

No offense, but it's just you.

Congrats on getting a watch for a good price that you're happy with, but anyone even remotely familiar with vintage Rollies could spot the errors from space. The Rolex font is almost hysterically large.

Sorry for the bluntness, but comments were asked for.

I am worried about you... ya go and sell your EP for peanuts and buy this ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! :huh:

The 1.5x mag is supposed to be reserved for the date cyclops on bad rep Subs! :p

Seriously though... a dial swap would be a mega-improvement. Or, since the dial and subdials are otherwise really nice... removal of the bad "Rolex Oyster Cosmograph" and replacement with a correct slide-on transfer in the correct position, if you have someone to do it...

Probably the only thing it needs to pass the "3ft test" for most people...

Enjoy it.

The Venus/Lemania movements have symmetrical (not asymmetrical) pushers. I agree that the dial is not this watch's best feature, but the watch looks nice & that Venus movement is smooth, silky and a self-winder like the Valjoux used in gens or DWs. Not a bad piece for the price.

But, the 7750 has symmetrical pushers on the movement, but DW did squeeze it into a case with asymetrical pushers, so I suppose it is possible.

I guess no matter what, its not 100% unless you go with all gen parts. DW and Phong (sp?) cases look the best, but I don't like the subdials with the numbers not touching the bevels like on the gen dials. They are always printed on the inside of the line. Pushers and subdials are what I look at for the 3 ft test myself.

The Venus/Lemania movements have symmetrical (not asymmetrical) pushers. I agree that the dial is not this watch's best feature, but the watch looks nice & that Venus movement is smooth, silky and a self-winder like the Valjoux used in gens or DWs. Not a bad piece for the price.

I have been looking at the 6263 for a couple of months (due to the pictures of freddy333's 6263).

In the pictures the watch looks a little chubby. And even more so in the dealers photos. A gen, or freddy333's, look thinner and more elegant. It may be due to the look of the plastic bezel, this version has a rounded edge . I guess that the large size Rol*x on the dial ad to the chubby look also.

Still, most people want a good looking out of the box watch and you have to live with the flaws.

Nice watch and photos, G! Thanks for sharing. :)

I also wanted this vintage beauty but decided on the Alpha Paul Newman which looks to be a very similar base watch but obviously, without the rlx markings. I don't know how Alpha gets away the obvious design copy but it is a terrific looking piece as well with the buttery smooth Venus copy movement. I get lots of compliments on it. :p

Congrats on getting a watch for a good price that you're happy with, but anyone even remotely familiar with vintage Rollies could spot the errors from space. The Rolex font is almost hysterically large.

It's true...there are some glaring flaws in the watch. But, I have to say I do like the design of it, and the proportions are nice. How often do you get a newly released watch that's under 44mm??

The fact of the matter is, that people who are able to spot rep Rollies are few. People who are able to spot rep vintage Rollies waaay fewer. People who are able to spot rep vintage Rollies with a high degree of confidence, and tell you WHY they are reps, are probably limited to this (and other similar) boards. :D

Given the rarity of a real 6263, and the price point for them being the cost of an SUV, the odds of bumping into somebody who has actually seen one in person are probably next to nothing.

I certainly wouldn't wear one to an AD, but I certainly wouldn't wear any of my reps to the AD...so what difference does that make.

It's true...there are some glaring flaws in the watch. But, I have to say I do like the design of it, and the proportions are nice. How often do you get a newly released watch that's under 44mm??

The fact of the matter is, that people who are able to spot rep Rollies are few. People who are able to spot rep vintage Rollies waaay fewer. People who are able to spot rep vintage Rollies with a high degree of confidence, and tell you WHY they are reps, are probably limited to this (and other similar) boards. :D

Given the rarity of a real 6263, and the price point for them being the cost of an SUV, the odds of bumping into somebody who has actually seen one in person are probably next to nothing.

I certainly wouldn't wear one to an AD, but I certainly wouldn't wear any of my reps to the AD...so what difference does that make.

I could not agree more!! It was like me talking!!

Nice watch! :)

It is a positive thing that they have freezed the subdial@6 in the new models. However, personally, I find the old version better. It is a rather straightforward fix to freeze the subdial. Even I managed to do it with the help of ajoesmiths excellent guide. :D

The Seagull ST-19 feels very good, and from what I have read is superior to the DW-movement in terms of reliability.

Here are a few old pics of mine:

928_6263pic1.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

Comparison with picture of the genuine, from "Rolex Sport watches". The crown is a bit too big.

Nice watch! :)

It is a positive thing that they have freezed the subdial@6 in the new models. However, personally, I find the old version better. It is a rather straightforward fix to freeze the subdial. Even I managed to do it with the help of ajoesmiths excellent guide. :D

The Seagull ST-19 feels very good, and from what I have read is superior to the DW-movement in terms of reliability.

Here are a few old pics of mine:

928_6263pic1.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

Comparison with picture of the genuine, from "Rolex Sport watches". The crown is a bit too big.

Its imposible the old version to be better than the new improved version...for some simple things:

wrong case 40mm...... (new 37mm)

wrong crystal(Saphire) (new plexi)

wrong pushers(way too small) (corect fat pushers)

wrong subdials needles (corect finished needles)

wrong bracelet(20mm) (corect 19mm)

same movement for both....(venus copy)

I used to have the old version that you can see here:OLD JOSHUAs 6263....

Im not saying that the new improved version is 'super rep"...but i can compare the new version with a gen that a friend of my father has....and i can say that the new improved 6263 is realy realy close to gen....

I have to say that they copyed MBWs..and i can say now that they copied also DW daytonas.....

Ooooh and i forgot to say that my pushers are a litle bit asimetrical....i have a piece of metal which can fit from one side between the crown and the pusher....and on the uper part it can not fit between the crown and the pusher....maybe its only my watch???Dont know...maybe it is maybe not.

Its imposible the old version to be better than the new improved version...for some simple things:

wrong case 40mm...... (new 37mm)

wrong crystal(Saphire) (new plexi)

wrong pushers(way too small) (corect fat pushers)

wrong subdials needles (corect finished needles)

wrong bracelet(20mm) (corect 19mm)

same movement for both....(venus copy)

I used to have the old version that you can see here:OLD JOSHUAs 6263....

Im not saying that the new improved version is 'super rep"...but i can compare the new version with a gen that a friend of my father has....and i can say that the new improved 6263 is realy realy close to gen....

Thanks for the list of improvements. I did not know it was an all-new case, pushers and subdial hands. Great improvements!

My 6263 (from Silix) actually does have plexi crystal for some reason. :)