When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roll call.. How many RWG members have a genuine Panerai?

V

how come someone showing a collection of reps and straps of more than 7000$ is less 'ego' than someoen showing 1 gen that costs 3000$???

Now, now...he wasn't referring to you, V. Rolli was making general observations. :)

We are not here because of the REPS only.. we are a community of people who just enjoy the 'brand'.

Do you know I never thought about it, that way? Good point.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, now...he wasn't referring to you, V. Rolli was making general observations. :)

I know.. rolli is a friend ;)

The same general observations purists do about the rep owners.. that they buy reps to be a somebody and pretend and that they are low-lifes who blah blah blah...

Having the genuine watch doesn't have to automatically mean you want to show-off or boost your ego. :)

for me the technical design in connection with the crown and crown-guard and the simplicity altogether is the main aspect.

and it's very interesting to make the mods and the possibility to change the straps depending on mood.

i see the gen pams only in comparison with the reps and mods, and what we can make better.

everythig else would be misplaced.

rolli

Well that's funny rolf.... how come someone showing a collection of reps and straps of more than 7000$ is less 'ego' than someoen showing 1 gen that costs 3000$???

or someone who shows a franken daytona worth 4000$?

The point of this thread was exactly that and you probably have missed it because you did what some of the Purists do. They judge without second thoughts ;)

We are not here because of the REPS only.. we are a community of people who just enjoy the 'brand'.

Without this board I would have never bought a gen. I've been wearing my fiddy for 2.5 years now. I liked it so much I bought a 111. I would have loved to have bought a fiddy, but the prices are so outrageous now. I've even got a couple friends PAMs from this website. I just like how the people on here are cool, and I love to see watches that are modded to 99% of what the real thing looks like.

• 2 weeks later...
Late model 111J with the new strap change system

Congrats Slay ;)

What do you mean by "new strap change system" ?

and the roller CG lever. :D

Yes !!!!!!!! I have noticed it on mine, but didn't know that it's new (if i have well understand you post) ...

Well, I am old school. Nothing newer than F series - so no new strap changing system, no roller on the cg, no Cotes de Geneve engraving. Heck, not even a historic CG or sandwich dial. :lol: What has been getting wrist time lately is a relatively new (to me) old school base. But I have to admit my highly modded reps still get the most wrist time. Gens cost money. One-off reps require love.;)

Late model 111J with the new strap change system and the roller CG lever. :D

CONGRATS, SLAI! No more Slai Shots in the near future from you, because I'm sure you'll be showing the world the full watch.

I would! :p

(You know, me and my big mouth. Here I am blabbing to the world that I'm getting a gen this, a gen that, and so far, no gen PAM. That's it. Radio silence on the topic. Next post you'll see about it, will be me just wearing the bloody thing) <_<

Congrats Slay ;)

What do you mean by "new strap change system" ?

The IWC-like system with the push-button in the lug and the pin that slides out.

Thx two Vs! I can't wait...it'll be a long few weeks. I'll just pretend I ordered from TTK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid I kid, my CD from TTK is awesome.

I know they are more than someone can expect so please reply to this thread.. ;)

I will edit this topic after the replies

1. V - 112

2. sweattdogg - 111

3. swdivad - 089

4. golfman - 111

5. chad - 176

6. peepshow - 210

7. chris5264 - 111

8. vdbrouke - 232 - 001 - 005

9. eddiesham - 111

10. pamman - 005 - 116

11. maikel - 111 - 112