When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Status on RWG

TwoTone

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you should all have a witch hunt to find out if anyone else agrees with me and ban us all, i personally think that every one of us has the right to have an opinion we are all responsible adults here :D ha ha ha i think not :D

We're all adults, and we all have a right to an opinion, but. This is not a public forum. People do not have the right to free speech. (this is a general political point, rather than one of forum censorship, as the admin are extremely lenient over people's comments) As pointed out before, this is the Admin's house. If people overstep the bounds as guests, they are removed, as with any such situation. With regards your point, you couldn't be further off base if you tried. Neil has proven himself an aggressive, condescending bully on countless occasions, and was lucky to be tollerated as long as he has been. The only person he has to blame for his banning, is himself. Ofcourse, his pride and stubbornness will not allow him to do this.

On an unrelated note, awesome avatar, Foose is one of my artistic heroes :good:

[Edit to add]

He can't login under the TTK account...

But trust me, he's already stated elsewhere that he has "friends" that allow him to login under their accounts...

You can guarantee he's read every word in this thread...

Kinda of like an 8 year old staring at the bicycle in the store window...

He can see it, he can even go inside and touch it...

But he can't ride it...

TT

When I was moderating another forum, anyone caught sharing accounts was immediately and permanantly banned. (Especially if they were allowing banned people to access them)

Edited by TeeJay

i have know neil for a few years, while i like him as a person and his wealth of knowledge regarding watches, i know he never backs down from confrontation, as the saying goes if you p@ss in his pot he will p@ss in yours, as a dealer he has supplied many watches even some to me, it seems to me that the guy has medical problems and is at a low ebb and has been kicked between the legs hard, while this does not excuse his behavior with his threats i think a bit of leeway could have been given to him, but this is my opinion. admin has made there mind up over this matter weather its wright or wrong its up to members here to decide if it was justified, i personally think not but i am just a member not admin and they run this fourm

i have know neil for a few years, while i like him as a person

That's fair enough, and, to be fair, several people have said that Neil is an entirely different guy 'off-screen'. That's fine. But. The majority of us, only know him 'on-screen', so can only judge him by his online presence, which, to be fair, is consistently aggressive and adversarial. People are not going to give him the benefit of the doubt of being a reasonable guy, when the majority of his online posts are anything but reasonable.

while this does not excuse his behavior with his threats i think a bit of leeway could have been given to him, but this is my opinion.

Did you read Neil's post where he not only admitted that, as this particular member had dared to question him, their watch would not only be the last one sent out (the watch which had already been allocated to them was re-routed to another buyer) but also sent with full disclosure of content and value on the customs declaration? That is basically sending a parcel, but knowing full well that it will be seized and never reach it's destination. That is not the behaviour of someone who 'deserves leeway', but someone who has no place as a 'trusted dealer', and does not deserve the support they receive from others.

no body is using my account but me, i live in the uk not in thailand,

I never thought anything else :)

Edited by TeeJay

i have know neil for a few years, while i like him as a person and his wealth of knowledge regarding watches, i know he never backs down from confrontation, as the saying goes if you p@ss in his pot he will p@ss in yours, as a dealer he has supplied many watches even some to me, it seems to me that the guy has medical problems and is at a low ebb and has been kicked between the legs hard, while this does not excuse his behavior with his threats i think a bit of leeway could have been given to him, but this is my opinion. admin has made there mind up over this matter weather its wright or wrong its up to members here to decide if it was justified, i personally think not but i am just a member not admin and they run this fourm

Let's not forget that he was banned elsewhere for the same behaviour....before this illness....explain that!

All logical reasons for holding onto the crucifiction theory, have been cleanly washed away,..

What remains to hide behind, is emotional gibberish...or is it a free watch you seek you sly devil ? ;)

Maybe it's the thrill of being on the receiving end of one of his post sale replies ? Makes you feel like a

important man ?

Whatever it is,.. it's not painting a picture of stalwart loyalty, but of a cross eyed and grinning rear scrubber...

Can we get back to watches now ?

I'm surprised many more are not raving about that new Breitling Heritage,...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=67198 ^_^

sorry i'll let you guys get back to watch talk in a bit,

i just wanted to point out that i'm a mod on another forum and when the TTK fiasco hit, we suspended him from his section till further notice (basically filling out the long awaited orders i guess).

What ensued then was what basically happened here: threats! They weren't fabricated. a simple "I dont agree with you." woulda sufficed, but personal threats of what he's gonna do to you or worse is uncalled for.

unless all the rep boards are owned by the same guy and all the mods are mysteriously working with each other for the pure joy of creating drama so that it can distract you all from our real purpose of draining your bank accounts for 1 MILLION dollars! MUhahaha... haaaaaaaaaaa

dr_evil_1.jpg

anyways, i'll leave it at that. i dont want to smear my poo all over the place :lol:

SO...

back to the watch talk!

yeah, the breaitling heritage rocks...

but man, i have girly wrists :(

As my dearly departed grandfather used to say...

"Occasionaly everyone steps on some s**t. Just can't be avoided somtimes. The only thing to do is to put as much distance between you and the s**t so as not to bring it back to your home, family and friends. There is really no reason to pick some up and carry it back home with ya, cause there will probably be more on the way and some at home. Not to mention... there is surely no reason to circle back around to the pile of s**t on the ground only to stare and deduce why it was there in the first place. Much better to let the next guy handle that one". ;)

Cheers all it's TGIF!!!!

Let's see...

Facts according to TTK and supporters are...

TTK is sick and can barely see so can't fill orders effectively for group buy... but he will, don't worry, except for Hike.. and the rest of RWGII now...

TTK is, ha ha, selling more watches than ever on other forum...

These statements are only compatible if he is failing to fill these orders as well, a good reason for suspension of Collector status.

TTK takes his orders and communicates ONLY by Skype, and has for several months, he posted a speadsheet of his GB in the GB thread to keep people updated...

Apparently he can no longer access his Skype logs or his computer's copy of the spreadsheet because he has been banned on an 'insignificant' forum that he simply uses to post his pictures, and belittle and threaten people for shits and giggles... although he would never consider threatening anyone for taking away an insignificant, but serious, portion of his cashflow...

Uhuh.

Keep digging that hole.

Let's see...

Facts according to TTK and supporters are...

TTK is sick and can barely see so can't fill orders effectively for group buy... but he will, don't worry, except for Hike.. and the rest of RWGII now...

TTK is, ha ha, selling more watches than ever on other forum...

These statements are only compatible if he is failing to fill these orders as well, a good reason for suspension of Collector status.

TTK takes his orders and communicates ONLY by Skype, and has for several months, he posted a speadsheet of his GB in the GB thread to keep people updated...

Apparently he can no longer access his Skype logs or his computer's copy of the spreadsheet because he has been banned on an 'insignificant' forum that he simply uses to post his pictures, and belittle and threaten people for shits and giggles...

Uhuh.

Keep digging that hole.

Now you're making me very sad! I love those watches!!! :cryss::cc_hang:

i know he never backs down from confrontation, as the saying goes if you p@ss in his pot he will p@ss in yours

Nemo me impune lacessit...

I would even understand it if the attacks were unprovoked. It's normal to react to protect oneself.

But when there is retaliation when people are justified to complain (bad communication, watches don't arrive, forum rules are not heeded) that's not right. That shows people can't take criticism, and worse, feel they are above the same laws of social interaction the rest of us must abide by.

It's but a step from being a berk to being a sociopath...

I will tell you indiscreetly that privately he was nothing but kind, even deferential towards me, and I appreciated it enormously. For his own good, I hope he changes this other tendency to lash out. It brings no joy in life.

Anyway, back to watches. Davidsen's 228GMT will be available in late March. I'm not holding my breath. ^_^

@Hike's .sig: EWWWWW!

Beating a dead horse

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Flogging a dead horse" redirects here. For the Sex Pistols album, see Flogging a Dead Horse.

Look up beat a dead horse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary."Beating a dead horse" is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile. In British English and Australian English, the phrase is usually expressed as "flogging a dead horse".

The first recorded use of the expression with its modern meaning is by British politician and orator John Bright, referring to the Reform Bill of 1867, which called for more democratic representation in Parliament, and which Parliament was singularly apathetic about. Trying to rouse Parliament from its apathy on the issue, he said in a speech, would be like trying to flog a dead horse to make it pull a load. The Oxford English Dictionary cites the Globe, 1872, as the earliest verifiable use of flogging a dead horse

Neil was the first person to warn you all of increasing prices, yet managed to remove the mystique from MBW watches and sell you them for $200 less than before.

That's how you thank him!

I was just readin... first not intending to meddle in this "Neil-ban-matter".

But with all due and honest respect to the members that have dealt with Neil,

some as simple buyers/collectors, some as friends that know him better,

himself as an outstanding dealer (at the same time often difficult and funny to handle

as human person :D )... i really wish him the best regarding his illness

and with all respect to the entire Admin-Team and their work... and final decision

to exclude Neil (might not be forever?)

lets get this statement above right...

It wasnt really intended by Neil to "unveil the mystique" of so called mbw watches

to the masses... there have been other people banned for divulging "the source" before ^_^

if this is wrong, Neil would have been the first person to talk frankly about it.

But who really anticipates from a "collector" to talk about his sources in the open?

Lets say, he was something like "the first person" that made the mbw/mbk watches

more accessible to the masses... with other points you mentioned i agree more

but its difficult to judge.

You have to consider many things... outstanding orders for watches...

First lets call it "ill communication" between ttk and the members/buyers then

"illness" in the truest sens e of the word... then disputes on the board...

at the end even threatening of the Admin Team...

Hmm... what would you do or think?

Im not a witness nor a client to the GB

but in the end i think we have to accredit also a certain portion of belief

to the Team moderating the board.

I wouldnt go that far to demand putting down lets say some kind of evidence,

like pms, mails whatever to accredit the admins the same kind of trust as we do

when we listened to Neil and what he wrote down these days.

I dont think this decision was an easy one...

but i think its good when "a game has some rules"

and maybe "some lines" arent just there to go across them.

Whatever... just my 2 cents from germany

George

Just wanted to echo some comments that were made earlier about TTK's banning on RWI (I'm a mod there). The situation that is now playing out on RWG is almost EXACTLY what happened several months ago on RWI. We began receiving more and more complaints from both new and old members about TTK. The complaints were not just focused on the typical TTK stuff (abusive and nasty behavior, lack of communication, etc.), but they were also based on people not receiving their watches for, in some cases, 5 to 6 months.

As the complaints began to rise, we, as the RWI Mod Squad, felt like we had to take action to protect our members. So we stripped Neil of his dealer status. We didn't ban him (initially) and we told him specifically (and publicly) what he needed to do to become a dealer again. Neil reacted by posting this threat:

When the RWI Mods decide to ban me... watch the firework show when they do.....I already have multiple I.D.s on this board...as well as a whole load of friends all over the US and elsewhere who will quite happily re-register with new names for me......same as on the old RWG.....Blade tried to ban me and couldn't.....I kept popping up all over the place......you can't make any board secure enough to keep a determined member from coming back.....and once they ban me......I'll be here starting fires all over the place.......the Mods will be busier than one-armed paperhangers putting out all the s**t that I'll be posting all over the place....as well as dealing with the behind the scenes shitstorm that I'll create.....so ban away.

Because of this post, as well as some private threats to the admin and mods, we banned TTK. And I applaud the admin team of RWG for taking similar actions under similar circumstances. This is someone who has no compunction to resort to personal threats (and even blackmail). When something like that happens, the mods of any forum have to put the interests of the members ahead of everything else. And that's what RWG did here, just as we did several months ago.

Here's what I find interesting. For someone who claims to have a passion for watches and only deals in reps as a hobby, TTK sure did react negatively to losing his dealer status.